collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149872 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2020, 09:26:04 AM »
Id sell him and try get harry Wilson in the summer personally if we stay up

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:12 AM »
He provides energy and gives something but he's struggles to get a real essence of the play on 90mins.
His sending off v palace was down to his effort in doing something he not so good at. Twice ! Booked for challenges .
Ideally play him high up the pitch and keep him there.
Play him higher up the pitch and you lose the cover for the fullbacks. Your suggestion is a compromise rather than a solution.
Is he good enough for the Prem? - that is the only question we need to ask our 'maybe' players - it's a question the management team will be asking at thend of the season if we survive.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2020, 10:53:29 AM »

I wouldn't sell Trezeguet as we need additions not replacements, but Wilson would be a very good signing. I could see them selling him as well... they did with Solanke, Ibe, Kent and other young players they had no place for, and he's not displacing Mane or Salah anytime soon.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2020, 01:16:52 PM »

I wouldn't sell Trezeguet as we need additions not replacements, but Wilson would be a very good signing. I could see them selling him as well... they did with Solanke, Ibe, Kent and other young players they had no place for, and he's not displacing Mane or Salah anytime soon.

I get your point but i dont see what the purpose of keeping trez. I dont think he is going ti get better - i could be wrong but i just dont see enough of consistently to think he will be a player to help us in  future.

Harry Wilson though i like him alot. He really would shine under our style of  football. He would be my mumber one target come the summer.  Like you rightly aay he isnt getting in thag liverpool team so i think they woukd sell

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2020, 01:18:50 PM »
I don’t see the fuss with that Wilson myself.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
Jarrod Bowen was a great opportunity in January to bring in a proper winger that has all the characteristics we need right now. West Ham fans certainly are appreciating his hard work and skills.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
You'd think that after writing Adama Traore off as shit after less than a season Villa fans might have developed a bit of patience but it appears not.

As a squad we've not been good enough but a big part of that has been how naive we are because of the lack of any meaningful premier league experience other than Heaton in the starting 11. Elmo and Taylor have experience but aren't as good as Guilbert and Targett so we lose as much as we gain by playing them. Drinkwater has loads of experience but isn't fit enough to be an upgrade and trying to get him fit hasn't helped with results.

So long as we stay up (and I really do think we will) all of the players who joined in the summer will have a better idea of what playing in this league means and we'll have a summer to work on improving them as well as adding quality to the squad. If players still don't look up to it by November-ish than I think we can say they're not suited to the league and look at moving them on but as it stands the only player from the summer I'd be ok to see leave is Jota and that's purely because if a 28/29 year old isn't making matchday squads then I don't see the point in keeping them, The same applies to Taylor and Lansbury (I know they do sometimes make the squad but they're not regulars).

How has trez shown any remote potential than traore had? You could see traore had a hell of a lot of potential when he came but was poorly utilised by sherwood. Also he came raw from barcelona. If im not mistaken he was 19 as well. Trez is older. This teams a lot better than the one traore came in from.

I think there is absolutely no comparison between those two tbh.

The comparison isn't about potential or overall ability, Traore was raw and we expected too much so when he didn't deliver what we hoped he got written off as shit. With Trez it's similar, I think people saw comments from egyptian fans and heard about his following and expected him to be great. From that he clearly hasn't been as good as we hoped but he's still scored some important goals and got some key assists, for me the biggest problem is that he's just trying too hard.

At the end of the day, whatever we think about players is largely irrelevant.  Traore didn't start a single league game for us, and was sold after about a dozen sub appearances.  Our patience or otherwise mattered not a jot, as it was the manager(s) who didn't play him and then ultimatey decided to swap him for Adomah.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #382 on: June 11, 2020, 06:18:20 AM »
Hardly goal of the season - i have seen better.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:18 AM »
I’m with you Vill I An, he’s got a great attitude and if he’s here for a second season I’d be happy. He’s struggled for the most part I admit, but I’m convinced if he settles he’d be a great asset.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
Hardly goal of the season - i have seen better.
Nice lay-off to him, and well finished.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #385 on: June 11, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »
Are all the covid games footage going to be shot from a zoomed out perspective? I can't see shit.
The camera won't catch the virus from doing close-ups...

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »
Are all the covid games footage going to be shot from a zoomed out perspective? I can't see shit.
The camera won't catch the virus from doing close-ups...
I totally agree. I'm sure the club can afford some decent quality equipment so why are they filming these games on someones iphone?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
Rest assured the broadcasts and cameras will have the usual . This zoomed out filming was merely due to it being a literal behind close doors friendly.
As the score line is irrelevant and the focus is on match fitness then having any major camera operators in didn't seem necessary.
Though I imagine Smith had it filmed and will watch clips back there ll be little for public broadcast.

Agree it's so far away gives a sort of spy element to it ! However I think in 2020 drones and camera work should be close up and clearer even with social distancing rules

On that Grealish goal was hard to see it clearly hit the net the other day.
It's not just me then? I couldn't tell if it hit the net plus the players didn't seem to acknowledge it? Was a bit odd. I know the proper cameras will be in use once the prem games resume but i thought as the club had gone to the bother of filming the games, even for fitness reviewing purposes, it would be done better? I know nitpicking here but i'm just puzzled by it.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #388 on: June 11, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »
Rest assured the broadcasts and cameras will have the usual . This zoomed out filming was merely due to it being a literal behind close doors friendly.
As the score line is irrelevant and the focus is on match fitness then having any major camera operators in didn't seem necessary.
Though I imagine Smith had it filmed and will watch clips back there ll be little for public broadcast.

Agree it's so far away gives a sort of spy element to it ! However I think in 2020 drones and camera work should be close up and clearer even with social distancing rules

On that Grealish goal was hard to see it clearly hit the net the other day.
It's not just me then? I couldn't tell if it hit the net plus the players didn't seem to acknowledge it? Was a bit odd. I know the proper cameras will be in use once the prem games resume but i thought as the club had gone to the bother of filming the games, even for fitness reviewing purposes, it would be done better? I know nitpicking here but i'm just puzzled by it.

Maybe this view is better for analysing the positioning of players, etc. If it's correct that the recordings are mostly for the management team to review then that makes sense.

On Trez I think his biggest problem this season has been that he's trying too hard, he never stops running, he wants to be involved in everything and in a way it's admirable but the problem is that he's knackered all the time and gets caught out of position too much. If he can calm the fuck down I think there's a good player in there.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Didn't play well , he tracked back well enough but wasn't good on the ball ..first 5 mins he gave the ball away with poor pass's.Chance he missed was alot like the goal in the cup semi he just didn't connect properly this time. Hard to make a case for him currently as we looked better when he went off.

Being kind he still isn't up to pace of league no the helped by being in and out of the team.Luiz for example you can see how after a dodgy spell has now improved alot from having played games consistently all season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal