collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bjorn Engels - Goodbye and good luck  (Read 78202 times)

Offline Flamingo Lane

Re: Bjorn Engels - Confirmed
« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2020, 12:41:55 PM »
As much as his errors irritated me and loads of others im hoping he doesnt get cricified on his personal insta account. This caroline flack tragic story shows the effects that can happen by social media bullying.

Hopefully he has learnt a harsh lesson not to be so clumsy moving forward. Just keep it simple in future  👍

Blimey.  Tune very much changed!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2020, 12:44:56 PM »
Do you mean don't say things like this on forums and social media?

Bottle job loser engels. A belgain international guve me a break. That was conference level. He fucking let us down badly.

Get rid of him in the summer add him to the othee shit we signed like wesley trez and drinkwater

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #392 on: February 17, 2020, 12:48:13 PM »
I'm not sure how to do a quote from a different thread but 'should never play for us again' and 'absolute dick' were also especially supportive.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:50:06 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
Well spotted gentlemen.
The guy is obviously a knobhead

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »
I like Engels, it was an aberration yesterday borne out of fatigue.
But he is a decent player.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2020, 12:56:40 PM »
He looked broken at the end of the match and would imagine he'd have been still up at 4am replaying the error in his mind. Will be dropped for next match if Mings is o.k.

I think that's enough without abusing him further. Guy showed at the start of the season he had good potential as defender at this level. Dipped since then but I still have more confidence with him alongside Mings than Konsa or Hause. We actually haven't seen Mings and Engels as a combination starting since early November I think.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2020, 01:01:28 PM »
He looked broken at the end of the match and would imagine he'd have been still up at 4am replaying the error in his mind. Will be dropped for next match if Mings is o.k.

I think that's enough without abusing him further. Guy showed at the start of the season he had good potential as defender at this level. Dipped since then but I still have more confidence with him alongside Mings than Konsa or Hause. We actually haven't seen Mings and Engels as a combination starting since early November I think.
I play them 2 and Konsa in front of them as holding midfielder.
You could then play Luiz and Makamba then Jack SJM and Samatta up front.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2020, 01:08:15 PM »
He should and probably will be dropped for Mings next game.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2020, 01:22:28 PM »

I play them 2 and Konsa in front of them as holding midfielder.
You could then play Luiz and Makamba then Jack SJM and Samatta up front.

Don't see the fuss in Konsa. Hause getting a lot of stick atm. If he could actually learn to clear the ball quickly rather than messing about I'd have him as the third CB to give more strength in the air and overall balance.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »
As much as his errors irritated me and loads of others im hoping he doesnt get cricified on his personal insta account. This caroline flack tragic story shows the effects that can happen by social media bullying.

Hopefully he has learnt a harsh lesson not to be so clumsy moving forward. Just keep it simple in future  👍

Quite stunned to read this today after the bile you posted about him yesterday  ::)

The guy shoold enver paly for us again. He has relegated us with that mistake the absolute dick

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #400 on: February 17, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »
Mistake aside (and there's no-one out there who has never made 1 or many) Engels had a decent enough game, but was naive along with Konsa and Hause. I don't know if he's ever played at the centre of a back 3 before and obvs with so long out he's having to build match fitness up again.
The cover all the cbs were getting yesterday was non existent from Luiz, Drinkwater and Nakamba when he came on.
You could see how much scoring for Villa yesterday meant to him by his celebration in front of the Holte.
He will be a vital player for Villa in the remaining games either starting or off the bench.
Head up Bjorn! You'll get other moments to shine for Villa!

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #401 on: February 17, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »
I like Engels a lot he’s a decent footballer but prone to a mistake
he’s the least of my worries at the back the other two Hause and Konsa worry me far more

Engels and Mimgs are the best central defenders we have both should play when fit imo

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #402 on: February 17, 2020, 02:07:04 PM »
Do you mean don't say things like this on forums and social media?

Bottle job loser engels. A belgain international guve me a break. That was conference level. He fucking let us down badly.

Get rid of him in the summer add him to the othee shit we signed like wesley trez and drinkwater

I was angry but i dont go on their personal social media and start abusing them. Big difference but nice try.

Quite stunned to read this today after the bile you posted about him yesterday  ::)

The guy shoold enver paly for us again. He has relegated us with that mistake the absolute dick

Your stunned to read that i am admitting i was wrong? Your telling me no one has ever been pissed off amd had time to reflect and realose its wrong.

Think its pretty sad that people have to dig up posts to prove a point

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #403 on: February 17, 2020, 02:08:54 PM »
Very few people ever post on here with such vitriol.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #404 on: February 17, 2020, 02:10:07 PM »
Well spotted gentlemen.
The guy is obviously a knobhead

So you prove your point by insulting someone? Dont ever call me a knobhead again . Got it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal