collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bjorn Engels - Goodbye and good luck  (Read 78259 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Bjorn Engels - Confirmed
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »
Oasis are an awful band imo. Sabbath are music legends and Geezer is a big Villa fan. Heavy Metal is to Birmingham what Hip Hop is to New York or Reggae to Jamaica and we should celebrate it.

The problem is it sounds shit.
That made me chuckle Lee - as a Soul music lover I enjoyed our trips to Wigan when Northern Soul classics were played pre and post match - each to his own in terms  of musical taste I guess
If travelling or overseas I always get "homesick" or think of Brum whenever I hear a UB 40 track played

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2019, 09:48:17 PM »
Oasis are an awful band imo. Sabbath are music legends and Geezer is a big Villa fan. Heavy Metal is to Birmingham what Hip Hop is to New York or Reggae to Jamaica and we should celebrate it.

That made me chuckle Lee - as a Soul music lover I enjoyed our trips to Wigan when Northern Soul classics were played pre and post match - each to his own in terms  of musical taste I guess
If travelling or overseas I always get "homesick" or think of Brum whenever I hear a UB 40 track played

I can dig the soul, brother.

If it was up to me I'd have a 4 hour Masters at Work set building up to kick off, and probably a couple of eckies thrown in, but that's my personal preference.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2019, 04:44:45 AM »

I can dig the soul, brother.

If it was up to me I'd have a 4 hour Masters at Work set building up to kick off, and probably a couple of eckies thrown in, but that's my personal preference.

Love a bit of MAW...!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2019, 04:58:57 AM »

Whenever I hear someone say that about Metal they often haven't heard any Metal at all but regardless of that it sounds very good at the big sporting events in the USA so it can definitely work.

How about a bit of Napalm Death at half time? Just in the away team dressing room if we are losing.

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2019, 07:34:30 AM »
I don't think it has to be local but would prefer something not obviously associated with another club. I'd like Geno back - we've got history with it & the 'Deano' thing would work again. Failing that, the Spencer Davis Group had some absolute bangers.

Both local but not sure how much Villa involvement.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
I don't think it has to be local but would prefer something not obviously associated with another club. I'd like Geno back - we've got history with it & the 'Deano' thing would work again. Failing that, the Spencer Davis Group had some absolute bangers.

Both local but not sure how much Villa involvement.

The Spencer Davis Group - Keep on Running

Repeat ad nauseum

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
I would love us to run out to the a capella version 'Wall of Deafening Noise' by The Aston Villa Fans.

Effective, awe-inspiring, and totally Brummie 20% Brummie and 80% folk from the shires.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2019, 01:48:53 PM »
All very illuminating, fromPhilosopher Engels to Black Sabbath & Northern Soul, but, could someone tell me why Engels is not seemingly not involved in our pre season friendlies(?). Or , in the maelstrom of transfer news enveloping the Club, have I missed something?.   Still believe he will end up in midfield, but, what do I know?!, nothing , apparently!....Godzvilla !

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2019, 02:25:30 PM »
Having heard you lot sing, I'd like to propose something by Guthrie Govan :)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
All very illuminating, fromPhilosopher Engels to Black Sabbath & Northern Soul, but, could someone tell me why Engels is not seemingly not involved in our pre season friendlies(?). Or , in the maelstrom of transfer news enveloping the Club, have I missed something?.   Still believe he will end up in midfield, but, what do I know?!, nothing , apparently!....Godzvilla !

From what I've heard he had a minor knock which they didn't think was worth risking on Sat, in America he just hadn't been with the team long enough.

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2019, 11:43:34 AM »
Just talking with a neighbour who knows I'm a Villa fan and he   cracked on that he is related to Bjorn s' wife who is from these parts - he has watched his career since Bjorn was 16
He said he had put club above country when carrying  a knock which led to him missing out on a World Cup place for Belgium.
Apparently he (Bjorn) Is delighted to be joining the Villa.
The only negative being he is a bit injury prone
My neighbour ( Anfield season card holder) went on to say he thought Villa were buying with some thought and planning - loves Dean Smith's footballing philosophy and can see us finishing in the top half of the table
Great to hear

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
Just talking with a neighbour who knows I'm a Villa fan and he   cracked on that he is related to Bjorn s' wife who is from these parts - he has watched his career since Bjorn was 16
He said he had put club above country when carrying  a knock which led to him missing out on a World Cup place for Belgium.
Apparently he (Bjorn) Is delighted to be joining the Villa.
The only negative being he is a bit injury prone
My neighbour ( Anfield season card holder) went on to say he thought Villa were buying with some thought and planning - loves Dean Smith's footballing philosophy and can see us finishing in the top half of the table
Great to hear

Good to hear that he's a good player with good attitude or that your Liverpool supporting mate thinks we're doing ok? :-)

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2019, 12:10:49 PM »
It's all nice to hear Drummond
Without exception all the footy fans I've recently spoken with whist on holiday or locally have genuinely been pleased to see Villa back in the top flight and are looking  forward to see what style of Football we adopt to survive/thrive

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »
It's all nice to hear Drummond
Without exception all the footy fans I've recently spoken with whist on holiday or locally have genuinely been pleased to see Villa back in the top flight and are looking  forward to see what style of Football we adopt to survive/thrive

I agree on the first but not the second. I want everyone to think we're going to fail and then to prove them wrong!

Offline Villa75

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2019, 06:25:33 PM »
A solid first half. Looks like he's been with us for years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal