collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 343946 times)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: VAR
« Reply #915 on: November 02, 2019, 08:49:10 PM »
Seen a couple of stills of VAR calls this afternoon. Our goal, for me it's the right decision because benefit of doubt should go to attacker but not consistent with other offside calls I've seen, e.g. England in nations league, Conor v Burnley.

In terms of their disallowed goal, it's an absolute shocker. Clearly onside. I mean, fuck 'em and all that but what's the point if it doesn't overturn stuff like that?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #916 on: November 02, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »
I just don't understand how they can watch technology working so well in both cricket and rugby, where the VAR/TMO talks through his rationale and everyone in the stadium watches it on the screen (in rugby at least) and think it's a better idea to keep everyone in the stadium in football in the dark.

It's a fucking shambles, is killing the game, and when the biggest concern is the competence and integrity of the referees, having their mates back them up in a secretive room with zero oversight or explanation is hardly going to endear the process to anyone.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #917 on: November 02, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
It's simply ruining the game. Today was beyond pathetic.

The disgraceful dive by Mane gets properly dealt with by the ref, then the screen shows VAR is checking for a penalty.

We now don't announce the goalscorer until after the kick off.

I chanted FUCK VAR along with everyone else, even after Firminios goal was confirmed as offside. I hate it with a passion.

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #918 on: November 02, 2019, 09:16:59 PM »
Are they obliged to show that Alan Shearer clip before the game? it puts me in a bad mood before the games even started!

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #919 on: November 02, 2019, 09:19:55 PM »
I just don't understand how they can watch technology working so well in both cricket and rugby, where the VAR/TMO talks through his rationale and everyone in the stadium watches it on the screen (in rugby at least) and think it's a better idea to keep everyone in the stadium in football in the dark.
The cynic in me says it will happen in football when they have a signed a sponsorship deal or deals.  Goal check sponsored by spec savers. Red card check sponsored by Virgin Money. Etc. We all know it’s coming

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #920 on: November 02, 2019, 09:23:28 PM »
The disgraceful dive by Mane gets properly dealt with by the ref, then the screen shows VAR is checking for a penalty.
This was hilarious. Moss had booked him and VAR intervened. They do need to get a grip.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #921 on: November 02, 2019, 10:24:22 PM »
Are they obliged to show that Alan Shearer clip before the game? it puts me in a bad mood before the games even started!

Me too. Norwich didn't show it the other week. Maybe today it was for the tourists in half and half scarves.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #922 on: November 03, 2019, 09:02:28 AM »
I’d love someone to explain to me why Var stepped in to check the Mane booking was correct and it wasn’t a penalty , after ref blew to stop play . Was that not the exact same situation as at Palace when Jack was booked , and apparently there was no mandate for var to check for a penalty then as , um , the referee blew to stop play ? No consistency at all as far as I can see

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #923 on: November 03, 2019, 09:04:51 AM »
It seems to me that they change the criteria every week. It’s a joke.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #924 on: November 03, 2019, 09:37:00 AM »
It totally ruined the first half. Not being able to celebrate a goal until 2 minutes after it's scored is just nonsense.

Offline luke95

« Reply #925 on: November 03, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »
The cynic in me says it will happen in football when they have a signed a sponsorship deal or deals.  Goal check sponsored by spec savers. Red card check sponsored by Virgin Money. Etc. We all know it’s coming

Yep 100% that is what VAR has been brought in for.
Itll improve the game my arse , itll just be another cash stream once its established.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #926 on: November 03, 2019, 10:17:38 AM »
Could see there was a real attempt on MOTD to avoid the mention of VAR - pity there grovelling to the Premiership was ruined by Frank Lampard's comments.

No doubt they will start editing out mangers comments in future regarding our favourite subject.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #927 on: November 03, 2019, 11:41:44 AM »

Imagine showing a replay of why our goal against Brighton was disallowed, in a relegation/title decider? Or more accurately, imagine trying to stop the ensuing riot?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #928 on: November 03, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »
Surely it helped us yesterday as they was barely anything in the Firmino "goal." I'd have given that personally as I generally dislike seeing those sorts of ones called for offside, was same when Spurs had one chalked off at Leicester. We will get one offside like that at some stage in the season.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #929 on: November 03, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

Imagine showing a replay of why our goal against Brighton was disallowed, in a relegation/title decider? Or more accurately, imagine trying to stop the ensuing riot?

Dave, you're normally the first to get pissed off when the authorities treat the fans as animals. And some fans already think the refs are cheating us and don't riot so what's the difference?

Treat us like adults and you never know, people might behave like adults. If fans can't control themselves because they think we've been cheated by a video ref then they should rightfully get banned from attending.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal