collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 83849 times)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: VAR
« Reply #855 on: October 26, 2019, 04:28:27 PM »
There will be an excuse, itís because itís a 12:30 kick off in a month with the letter R in the name and itís raining.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #856 on: October 26, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
I'd rather be shouting the referee needs spectacles  than what we have now.

Fuck VAR.  The only reason I'm not bothered today is that City were so much better than us.
I

Offline john2710

« Reply #857 on: October 26, 2019, 04:32:32 PM »
You can tell how incompetent those overseeing  VAR are by how long it takes to get even a clear cut decision right.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #858 on: October 26, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »
All VAR has done so far is highlight how incompetent the officials truly are, and how they desperately try to cover themselves after continually making errors.

Yep. But I disagree that they try to cover themselves. There is no accountability for them. Refs were successful years ago in having the media behind them bleating about how hard their job is and how unfair it is to hold them to account for bad decisions. VAR lands and nothing has changed, apart from we can more clearly see now than ever that they just cannot do the job properly.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #859 on: October 26, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
I think we all accept officials can't get every decision right, they don't in any sport. And that's where having a VAR should come in, it's there to assist the referee, and yet somehow even with replays some McGrath awful mistakes are being made on a regular basis.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #860 on: October 26, 2019, 05:02:02 PM »
There will be an excuse, itís because itís a 12:30 kick off in a month with the letter R in the name and itís raining.

Are you getting mixed up with the UK mussel season?

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #861 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
I think we all accept officials can't get every decision right, they don't in any sport. And that's where having a VAR should come in, it's there to assist the referee, and yet somehow even with replays some McGrath awful mistakes are being made on a regular basis.

Rugby yet again showed how to use technology today when in the England semi the on field refreree gave a try but then had an honest conversation with the TMO in order to make the right decision without any concern about being found to have got the decision wrong.

The whole set up with VAR seems to be to find an excuse to "prove" the on field ref was right, even when it's bloody obvious he's not!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:27:11 PM by Ad@m »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #862 on: October 26, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
Totally messing the game I love up.  Ditch it now. 

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #863 on: October 27, 2019, 01:48:51 AM »
Rugby yet again showed how to use technology today when in the England semi the on field refreree gave a try but then had an honest conversation with the TMO in order to make the right decision without any concern about being found to have got the decision wrong.

That disallowed try bollocks with the scrum and the ball moving - how the fuck can they say whose hand/arm it was though? Nothing decisive there. I felt like they were looking for ways to keep NZ in the match the whole time and not let England run away and embarrass them.

It is totally fucked in football though. Because as has been said on here many times, if you give a great tool to someone who is incompetent, they'll still make the wrong decision.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #864 on: October 27, 2019, 07:19:33 AM »
Var was supposed to improve the game, unfortunately the way it is being used is only showing up how incompetent our onfield/off-field referees are. The game is being ruined by it!
One referee was bad enough in any game but to now have two is like p-ssing against the wind.
F-ck var and the incompetent refs trying to implement it!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #865 on: October 27, 2019, 07:23:27 AM »
I hate it.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #866 on: October 27, 2019, 08:03:12 AM »
The penalty that Brighton were awarded yesterday was unbelievable and it they are giving penalties for minimal accidental contact then they will be giving loads more it would seem. They did get one right though, which was the Hudson-Odoi dive, but Dyche then bangs on about how diving should be eradicated from the game and selects Rodriguez to start up front.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #867 on: October 27, 2019, 08:47:02 AM »
The Brighton penalty again highlights the inconsistency.   It was less clear and obvious than other appeals (even Jack at Palace was more of a foul).  Potentially, VAR can be good but when a subjective decision is made by a bloke in the studio, overriding the bloke on the field, it is not being used correctly.  Things aren't helped by Dermot Gallagher going on TV each week claiming that the right decision was made.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #868 on: October 27, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »
The Brighton penalty again highlights the inconsistency.   It was less clear and obvious than other appeals (even Jack at Palace was more of a foul).  Potentially, VAR can be good but when a subjective decision is made by a bloke in the studio, overriding the bloke on the field, it is not being used correctly.  Things aren't helped by Dermot Gallagher going on TV each week claiming that the right decision was made.
How did that pompous little twunt get that gig? He's being paid handsomely by Sky to represent the referees cartel and they treat him like some kind of overlord.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #869 on: October 27, 2019, 09:27:50 AM »
Dermot Gallagher will never, ever contradict a refereeís decision. Heís basically Mike Rileyís media gimp.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal