collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 343916 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: VAR
« Reply #615 on: October 20, 2019, 12:07:42 AM »
The only decision VAR got totally correct today was against the Dingles it seems. So I think one in five?

Next week it might be one in ten. A statistic, a reminder of a world that doesn't care.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #616 on: October 20, 2019, 12:08:46 AM »
We can start by removing that un-obligatory Alan Shearer bollocks on the screens before the kick off, it actually wound people up today and this was before ‘that’ incident.

This. It needs stopping now. I actually didn't celebrate Jacks goal today as much as normal. I was almost waiting for it to be disallowed. The bigger cheer came at the resulting kick off. Fuck VAR. Massively.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #617 on: October 20, 2019, 12:22:12 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with VAR. However, there’s everything wrong with Mike Riley and his closed shop. It’s more bent than a six pound note, and these fuckers need digging out.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #618 on: October 20, 2019, 04:55:45 AM »
Just looked at the disallowed goal for the first time. Fuck me who are these dipsticks. Have they ever even watched football before.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #619 on: October 20, 2019, 06:46:24 AM »
There’s a comment from a dingle on the Express and Star website - “some players know how to use VAR to their advantage- Jack Grealish certainly does.” Come again? We have literally not benefited from a single VAR decision all season.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #620 on: October 20, 2019, 07:46:38 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with VAR. However, there’s everything wrong with Mike Riley and his closed shop. It’s more bent than a six pound note, and these fuckers need digging out.

I said exactly this at half time while everyone was venting.

It's a con. We're being conned.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #621 on: October 20, 2019, 08:08:03 AM »
Teams should have a challenge/review per half, like cricket.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #622 on: October 20, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »

That would create even more chaos. I say scrap VAR completely because it’s shit. We spent hours last night talking about a goal that was disallowed incorrectly and I thought VAR was supposed to put an end to all that.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #623 on: October 20, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »
That’s right, there’s no reason why VAR shouldn’t work in football but when you factor in the utterly incompetent officials coupled with a desire to look after their mates onfield it’s become a complete farce.

Job done you numpties.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #624 on: October 20, 2019, 09:14:06 AM »
I would like to know if the person who disallowed our goal yesterday was also in charge v Palace and Arsenal. We need some transparency on these mysterious nobs sitting in a room playing god.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »

That would create even more chaos. I say scrap VAR completely because it’s shit. We spent hours last night talking about a goal that was disallowed incorrectly and I thought VAR was supposed to put an end to all that.

I think there is a place for it, but the whole idea of of video technology in sport is to eradicate the 'howler' decisions.  It needs to be far more lenient in allowing an advantage for the goal scorers. 

I would like to see the off side rule change to the whole body being offside not just a part of it and it having to be a definite mistake by the ref to overturn a decision made on the field (not like yesterday).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #626 on: October 20, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »
It's just utterly, utterly shit.  As others have said, it's supposed to reduce talking points, not create its own, as well as completely ruining the flow of the game.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »

I think there is a place for it, but the whole idea of of video technology in sport is to eradicate the 'howler' decisions.  It needs to be far more lenient in allowing an advantage for the goal scorers. 

I would like to see the off side rule change to the whole body being offside not just a part of it and it having to be a definite mistake by the ref to overturn a decision made on the field (not like yesterday).

But if a team could appeal, who would they appeal to? We're on the wrong end of the second decision, not the first.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #628 on: October 20, 2019, 09:33:23 AM »
Watching the rugby today, with the ref mic’d up etc....can the fans in the ground hear what’s happening? Guess not....but seems better than footballs approach.

I felt pretty deflated about going to the matches after the last couple of VAR incidents. I find myself doing very half arsed celebrations and waiting for the ref to put his hand to his hear. Shit isn’t it

Yes if the fans buy a radio thingy for a tenner. They can choose to listen to the referee or commentary.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #629 on: October 20, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »
I've seen the disallowed goal twice now and I still can't work out why it was chalked off. Wesley did jump in front of the keeper but the ball then went out wide and was played back in to Conor so the keeper was able to get back into place and make a save. Utterly farcical.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal