collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 352618 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: VAR
« Reply #3270 on: February 24, 2024, 11:21:03 AM »
We all rip the piss that he could be the star of the live action Lego Movie without the need of make-up, but it seems we should be praising him something rotten that he helped fix VAR for all the team...... what do you mean they have won a few so he doesn't have to blame the reffing suddenly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68381305
What he's actually saying is Arsenal have had more favourable var decisions since his massive whinge. The Captain Black lookalike wanker.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:51:38 AM by The Edge »

Offline luke95

« Reply #3271 on: February 25, 2024, 04:15:42 PM »
I see VAR got involved when 2 Sheff Utd players had a flair up against wolves earlier .
So where is the line where VAR gets involved   why can't they correct a ref when he has given a corner wrong or throw in as examples ?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3272 on: February 25, 2024, 05:11:31 PM »
I see VAR got involved when 2 Sheff Utd players had a flair up against wolves earlier .
So where is the line where VAR gets involved   why can't they correct a ref when he has given a corner wrong or throw in as examples ?
I don't know. Nobody knows.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3273 on: February 25, 2024, 05:20:28 PM »

Potential red card offence being investigated. Been part of their remit since it was introduced.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3274 on: April 11, 2024, 04:38:39 PM »
Premier League clubs have approved unanimously the use of semi-automated offside technology (SAOT) for the 2024-25 season.

The plan is to introduce the system after one of the international breaks in September or October, the Premier League said.

Fifa first used the technology at the 2022 men's World Cup in Qatar.

It is anticipated SAOT could cut the length of a video assistant referee (VAR) check for offside by 31 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68791135

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3275 on: April 12, 2024, 05:26:01 PM »
The Turkish Super Lig will appoint foreign video assistant referees (VAR) for crucial matches until the end of the season following claims of bias.

Fenerbahce's president said an "underground network" in Turkey was deciding matches by "using referees".

The club was fined £98,450 after staging a walkout in the Super Cup against Galatasaray in protest.

The Turkish Football Federation struck deals with associations across Europe to appoint VAR officials until May.

Fenerbahce were unhappy with the scheduling of the Super Cup fixture before Thursday's Europa League tie against Olympiakos and had requested the appointment of a foreign referee, which was denied.

In March, Fenerbahce's players were attacked by Trabzonspor fans which prompted a vote on whether the club should withdraw from the Super Lig, but Fenerbahce members voted to remain.

Galatasaray, who were awarded a 3-0 win following Fenerbahce's Super Cup walkout, have a two-point lead over their Istanbul rivals with seven matches remaining in the title race.

A foreign VAR official will be assigned for both clubs' fixtures this week, with Fenerbahce facing Fatih Karagumruk and Galatasaray taking on Alanyaspor.

Officials will be appointed from Italy, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3276 on: April 21, 2024, 05:49:10 PM »
This will be a big topic this week.

Forest statement on X - https://x.com/NFFC/status/1782056187652960764

Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. 

We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times.

NFFC will now consider its options.

Stan Collymore - https://x.com/StanCollymore/status/1782080083370402099

Unless anyone has proof that a referee or assistant referee is or has been involved in deliberate corruption then nobody has any place daring suggest it.

A fucking easy and growing out for supporters that is driving numbers of refs down, that is used as an excuse for underperforming teams and organisations and is a growing  cancer in the sport.

So I invite any supporter or legal firm to do one thing. Provide examples and proof of corruption against your club, put up or shut up. Because the constant erosion of the standing of officials has created a dearth of talent and numbers, which in turn leaves us with arguably a poor pool to pick from.

But corrupt? Do me a fucking favour.

Just one ref, and one example of corruption that you'd be willing to fund in a court of law.

Being a poor ref and being a corrupt ref are worlds apart and it's now the fucking accepted go to excuse of clubs who have plenty of money and plenty of games to get their shit together.

Also listened to Stuart Pearce on TS and he was astonished and very disappointed in his former club.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3277 on: April 21, 2024, 07:59:56 PM »
The three penalties. Seen them given and seen them not given, however none of  them would have been overturned by VAR in most matches I have seen if the ref hadn't given them on the play. Young's arm was close to his body for example for the handball. So was the ref on the field also employed by Luton?

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #3278 on: April 21, 2024, 08:05:04 PM »
Forest have royally embarrassed themselves with this. I agree. All 3 decisions are 50/50 in my view.

You can bet your life that if they had been for Everton and been given, that Forest would be making precisely the same ludicrous corruption claims and they they were "never penalties in a million years"

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3279 on: April 21, 2024, 09:12:18 PM »
Yes I’ve just seen the penalty claims. None of them are exactly nailed on, they do seem to have got themselves a bit worked up.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3280 on: April 21, 2024, 09:53:15 PM »
I was happy when Forest came up. A club that were so successful for many of us growing up, but so much time outside the top flight. But they are becoming massively entitled and whinge constantly. Spent like drunken sailors then complained when they got done for FFP. And now hiring a former ref so they can criticize decisions. And I never took Nuno to be that way, but he’s bought into it too. They can fuck off back down.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3281 on: April 21, 2024, 10:07:41 PM »
The kick to the heel was a penalty, in my view, but the others are really questionable and they have embarrassed themselves, but this is what happens when you appoint a former referee to question current decisions.  Might as well ask Donald Trump to preside over the 115 Manchester City charges.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3282 on: April 21, 2024, 10:08:56 PM »
They are out of order with this accusation.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3283 on: April 21, 2024, 10:10:47 PM »
The disallowed 4th Coventry goal is open to far more debate.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #3284 on: April 21, 2024, 10:16:01 PM »
They are out of order with this accusation.

Totally. They should be punished for it. Stan Collymore’s comments are spot on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal