collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa View Podcast today - sold out  (Read 6710 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Villa View Podcast today - sold out
« on: June 15, 2019, 11:28:51 AM »
Anyone else going?

Offline andyaston

Re: Villa View Podcast today - sold out
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
Im not but good luck to the guys. Them and Villa on Tour have done well to showcase supporting Villa in interesting and unique way in the past few seasons.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 12:36:42 PM »
I like both podcasts. Dan is a good guy.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
Podcasts can sell out? Freaky!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 12:50:51 PM »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »
I like both podcasts. Dan is a good guy.

Surprised Villa haven't taken him on - he has the potential to do very well for himself in broadcasting.

Offline kieron

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
Yea I'm going and taking my lad.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
I enjoy the Villa View post match pods with Dan/Tom/Chris but not so keen on the guys who do the match previews or Fancams. I personally prefer and recommend My Old Man Said as well, much more swearing and irreverent and for me more akin to what I want from a podcast. I’ve tried a few others like Jonny Gould, Holtecast etc but they’re nowhere near as good.

I do like Villa on Tour (yooooof!) but it’s not a podcast it’s a YouTube vlog. The three minutes of footage in injury time at Wednesday away was absolutely fucking brilliant.

Offline kieron

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 01:14:30 PM »
Anyone else going?

What's this then?

The Villa View have got the Director's Lounge at VP to record a live podcast this evening. Free tickets for about 300 people were allocated on a first come first served basis. Event is 6:30 'til late I believe, and Sir Brian is also a special guest.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 01:23:02 PM »
Anyone else going?

What's this then?

The Villa View have got the Director's Lounge at VP to record a live podcast this evening. Free tickets for about 300 people were allocated on a first come first served basis. Event is 6:30 'til late I believe, and Sir Brian is also a special guest.

How does that square with being independent?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
I enjoy the Villa View post match pods with Dan/Tom/Chris but not so keen on the guys who do the match previews or Fancams. I personally prefer and recommend My Old Man Said as well, much more swearing and irreverent and for me more akin to what I want from a podcast. I’ve tried a few others like Jonny Gould, Holtecast etc but they’re nowhere near as good.

I do like Villa on Tour (yooooof!) but it’s not a podcast it’s a YouTube vlog. The three minutes of footage in injury time at Wednesday away was absolutely fucking brilliant.

Villa on tour are good lads, Jamie the ginge is a bit crazy but  so I was at his age.  They have been going everywhere for the past 2 seasons so good  on them.  I know Max is going tonight.

Villa View lads are very knowledgeable about the Villa like a lot of different people on here by and large.

As for the fancams only as good as the people who put themselves out there.  I prefer a pint in the social or the Suite but hey ho.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »
Villa on tour for me all day long - Proper Villa lads who go away.

I find Villa View a bit smarmy who suck up to the club a bit too much hence the "independent" comment by Dave being valid.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
I've had the pleasure of meeting all the Villa View and Villa On Tour and having a few drinks with all of them the one thing I can say about spending time with them is there passion for Aston Villa they have great desire to see Villa back at the top and they are just normal guys with the same interest as us they love Aston Villa Football Club.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
Villa on tour for me all day long - Proper Villa lads who go away.

I find Villa View a bit smarmy who suck up to the club a bit too much hence the "independent" comment by Dave being valid.
I wrote about The Villa View in H&V at the start of the season before last and questioned their independence. I like The Villa View but it never really questions the club or Sky too much (probably because Dan Bardell works for Sky and Tom Julian, from the podcast, used to and appears to still get work from them at times). I did see Dan Bardell and Daniel Rolinson outside Wembley and asked them if they would like to talk to me for a piece in the fanzine. They did seem interested even though I told them about writing that article. I haven't contacted them about it yet though.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »

i’ve touched on this previously. First came across Villa on tour around the time we embarked on our ten win streak. Never had Foxtel, so couldn’t watch the matches. But the 15-20 minute Vlogs were great to watch as a kind of distilled summary of the whole day. They seem a bit like a brummie version of the inbetweeners- max, ginger jamie and the braces kid. I’d swear they were pilled-up for Wembley. Why wouldn’t you be! Good luck to them for next season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal