collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 216492 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #1455 on: August 18, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »
Gorgeous gear, particularly that zipper top.

The sky blue 1/4 zip training top and the white and claret travel polo are the standouts for me.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #1456 on: August 18, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
The sky blue 1/4 zip top is sold out in adult sizes already. I just ordered the black one, couple of the sky blue ones for the kids, 3 of the claret matchday sweatshirts, couple of those 80's looking t-shirts with the Kappa sleeves and a few other bits. 300 quid doesn't go very far when you're after this stuff! Though I don't buy the replica shirts and I still wear training gear from almost 20 years ago so I can just about justify it.

Anyone interested in getting anything from the online store I just used the code "AVFCAFF" and got 10% off the full priced stuff.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1457 on: August 18, 2020, 09:41:17 PM »
Mightily impressed with the training gear, and I even like the new kit.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1458 on: August 18, 2020, 11:26:51 PM »
I like it. Could be a rare end of season purchase for me, assuming nothing too unpleasant happens in it.

I'm sure you've all already got several copies, but if anyone still wants the 1980 home and away shirts Kitbag are selling them for £24.50 on ebay.

Sizes limited for the home.
Thanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333106313189

L & XL sold out alas, so only S,M,2XL @ £24.50 delivered.

As I was there thought I’d check what baby stuff was on there.
No words.

I took this photo of a full grown adult in Leamington in 2013.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1459 on: August 18, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »
Well I've worn the new home kit for the last two weeks at 5 aside, and so far it's holding up pretty well.  Last year's away kit was falling to bits after one wash.  A few people have commented on what a nice kit it is.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1460 on: August 18, 2020, 11:44:12 PM »
Oh dear! Any ideas on where to buy Villa baby stuff, purpletrousers? There used to be loads of stuff in the club shop, but nowadays, not so much; online anyway.

To be fair in searching to answer your question I just found a villa version about hating blues before being able to walk. I know I’ll get told it’s lighthearted banter by some -as with chanting- but crikey i’d never want to dress an innocent babe in ‘hate’.

I was lucky I did a decent buy up in a club shop online sale a couple of years ago when little AV was far from cooked, so at least #2 (if baking goes well) has a few age ranges of stuff to inherit.

I’m not sure where else to try having done a google, eBay had some 2nd hand sometimes, though I wonder if folk here have some lying around they’d be happy to pass on/sell? I’d be interested too!

Now wishing I hadn’t given my 6/7/8yr old early eighties classics to the homeless kids in Kampala (kinda... hadn’t realised I’d have my own nippers)

Cheers mate, info much appreciated! Will have a look about on ebay then. Little one arriving in the next couple of weeks, though definitely won't be decking her out in anti-blues tat!

Offline Risso

« Reply #1461 on: August 19, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »
I too like the training gear.  I've just ordered the white fleece training top for when the nights turn a bit nippier.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1462 on: August 19, 2020, 12:21:04 AM »
I'm taking the wee man to Villa Park for a tour tomorrow and forsee a fleecing in the club shop for a new jacket. They do look pretty smart though.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #1463 on: August 19, 2020, 01:18:26 AM »
Oh dear! Any ideas on where to buy Villa baby stuff, purpletrousers? There used to be loads of stuff in the club shop, but nowadays, not so much; online anyway.

To be fair in searching to answer your question I just found a villa version about hating blues before being able to walk. I know I’ll get told it’s lighthearted banter by some -as with chanting- but crikey i’d never want to dress an innocent babe in ‘hate’.

I was lucky I did a decent buy up in a club shop online sale a couple of years ago when little AV was far from cooked, so at least #2 (if baking goes well) has a few age ranges of stuff to inherit.

I’m not sure where else to try having done a google, eBay had some 2nd hand sometimes, though I wonder if folk here have some lying around they’d be happy to pass on/sell? I’d be interested too!

Now wishing I hadn’t given my 6/7/8yr old early eighties classics to the homeless kids in Kampala (kinda... hadn’t realised I’d have my own nippers)

Cheers mate, info much appreciated! Will have a look about on ebay then. Little one arriving in the next couple of weeks, though definitely won't be decking her out in anti-blues tat!

Found some links will pm you. Was going to urge the H&V masses to cough up some old baby gear that could be losing around but I guess sending it out to Japan not quite as easy as cheap & cheerful Uk couriers...

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1464 on: August 19, 2020, 05:14:43 AM »

Found some links will pm you. Was going to urge the H&V masses to cough up some old baby gear that could be losing around but I guess sending it out to Japan not quite as easy as cheap & cheerful Uk couriers...

That's very kind of you, mate. But yeah, Japan is a bit of a way. I'm going to email the club and ask them about baby stuff, also. Was in the old New Street shop in 2016, and they had loads of baby stuff. Maybe there isn't a big demand?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1465 on: August 19, 2020, 09:20:52 AM »
The sky blue 1/4 zip top is sold out in adult sizes already. I just ordered the black one, couple of the sky blue ones for the kids,

Assuming they'll be bringing in more stock at some stage it seems strange to take them off the site before the season even starts. Surely better to leave the image up on the site to 'whet the appetite' albeit showing Not Available or Sold Out atm.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1466 on: August 19, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »
I notice that our new sponsor is prominent on nearly every garment, moreso than usual.

When it's more noticeable than the club badge and sportswear brand (ie Kappa) on a club jacket/casual polo shirt...it kinda puts me off no matter how nice the item looks.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1467 on: August 19, 2020, 10:32:23 AM »
I notice that our new sponsor is prominent on nearly every garment, moreso than usual.

When it's more noticeable than the club badge and sportswear brand (ie Kappa) on a club jacket/casual polo shirt...it kinda puts me off no matter how nice the item looks.

I know what you're saying and it wouldn't normally be to my tastes, but assuming it's part of a deal that guarantees extra revenue to the club, I'm willing to live with it. Cazoo are just being savvy because they know supporters (and neutrals, to be fair) are increasingly consuming additional club content such as social media posts. Probably also preparing for a world where we can tune in to the odd training session via Villa TV in the not-too-distant future, which guarantees the sponsor more exposure. There'll always be the option of generic Villa merch that doesn't have the sponsor on it, polo shirts and whatnot, so that avenue is available for anyone who wants something 'plainer'. But then, I don't generally tend to buy training gear, as I don't do much training ;)

Offline Risso

« Reply #1468 on: August 19, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »
And at least it's not some random Far East dodgy betting concern.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1469 on: August 19, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
And at least it's not some random Far East dodgy betting concern.

Amen, or any betting concern for that matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal