collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215723 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #1155 on: July 27, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »
I think it was Benjamin Franklin who once wrote, “There are 3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Aston Villa to be the last team to release their new kit accompanied with the inevitable stock issues.”

It is a shame that we can't be a bit more reliable.  It's my birthday soon and I am keen to have a look through the catalogue so I can wear the sacred colours in sunny Surrey.  Educate these people!

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1156 on: July 27, 2020, 11:14:34 PM »
Mid August launch allegedly

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1157 on: July 27, 2020, 11:16:51 PM »

Misses my buffday then Vinnie!  Not a happy chappy.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1158 on: July 27, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »

Basically, the only thing that has enabled us to get the kit out before the start of the season is the existence of a global pandemic causing a near total breakdown in society as we know it.

And even then it's only "launch", no doubt it'll be Christmas before they let people spend 50 quid on something knocked together for 3 quid by some nimble fingered eight year old in a death-trap factory in Bangladesh.

It's amazing - doesn't matter who owns the club, who the CEO is, who makes the kit, who distributes it, all that, it makes zero difference, we're always incapable of making it possible for people to buy this tat when they want to buy it.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1159 on: July 27, 2020, 11:23:07 PM »

Basically, the only thing that has enabled us to get the kit out before the start of the season is the existence of a global pandemic causing a near total breakdown in society as we know it.

And even then it's only "launch", no doubt it'll be Christmas before they let people spend 50 quid on something knocked together for 3 quid by some nimble fingered eight year old in a death-trap factory in Bangladesh.

It's amazing - doesn't matter who owns the club, who the CEO is, who makes the kit, who distributes it, all that, it makes zero difference, we're always incapable of making it possible for people to buy this tat when they want to buy it.

Paulie, I'd like you to be a bit more honest and concise with your posts in future.  Why can't you just say it like it is please? Flip sake!

(You're ranting has been pretty good just recently, although Axl Rose's still makes me laugh)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1160 on: July 27, 2020, 11:27:48 PM »

Paulie, I'd like you to be a bit more honest and concise with your posts in future.  Why can't you just say it like it is please? Flip sake!

(You're ranting has been pretty good just recently, although Axl Rose's still makes me laugh)

Even when we get an owner who is the largest private shareholder in Adidas, we still can't get the supply of over-priced sporting goods correct.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care, I don't want to be showing people low quality Kappa lycra stretched across my beer gut and bitch tits, and I have no idea why people like to spend that much money on such things, but I firmly believe if people want to give the club money, we should make it as easy as possible for them to do it.

We just can't handle it, for some reason.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1161 on: July 27, 2020, 11:29:47 PM »
Paulie, you had me at ‘bitch tits’

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1162 on: July 27, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »
It really is poor quality we wait for !!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1163 on: July 27, 2020, 11:34:27 PM »
I’m sure that at some time in mid March, whoever is running the shambles of our commercial operation suddenly thinks ‘Shit! Next season’s kit’, rather like me remembering my mot was due last week most years.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1164 on: July 27, 2020, 11:35:47 PM »
I wore my seen better days Kappa training shorts to my spin class this morning as a celebration. As soon as I lent into the first hill climb I immediately felt sorry for the person directly behind me.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1165 on: July 27, 2020, 11:40:14 PM »
For me Southampton are red and white stripes. Not the bar code type, but proper stripes.
Newcastle have gone to what I consider proper stripes and it looks so much better.

You may not like the new Inter kit then. Not 100% sure on the home one yet but like the other 2.
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/Kit-design/inter-milan-2020-21-home-away-and-third-kit-predictions.html

Also really like the new Dumbarton kit.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4390

I think Dumbarton fans voted for their kit (which Clyde are doing for the 2021/22 season I believe), from a choice of 4. Maybe we will do that one day

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1166 on: July 27, 2020, 11:40:55 PM »
Marshall's mock ups are always much better than the kit we end up having xx

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1167 on: July 28, 2020, 06:38:56 AM »
It is a shame that we can't be a bit more reliable.
Surely the problem is that tm we're a bit too reliable, since everyone knows the kit will be basically unavailable until Easter

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1168 on: July 28, 2020, 03:11:44 PM »
The new Wolves home shirts are horrible. Black sleeves. They should disband.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1169 on: July 28, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
It's great that we're back to worrying about when the kit is launched as opposed to relegation.  With that said I agree with Paulie that it seems pretty careless to not be geared up to cash in on the goodwill factor at a time when lots of people are prepared to hand over lots of money for poorly made tat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal