collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213822 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #1140 on: July 27, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
Knew it was a one word handle beginning with M (not Monty) but had to search and it's a poster called Marshall. Doesn't seem to post here the rest of the time.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1141 on: July 27, 2020, 05:20:37 PM »
Speaking of Kappa, almost every other club has revealed its kits for next season by now. Where's ours?
There was the little issue of which League knocking about I guess that delayed it?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1142 on: July 27, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
Well hopefully they’re savvy enough to ride the current wave of euphoria amongst fans and get the kit launched and on sale sharpish. However...

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1143 on: July 27, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »
Speaking of Kappa, almost every other club has revealed its kits for next season by now. Where's ours?
There was the little issue of which League knocking about I guess that delayed it?

Why would a kit design rely on what league we were in? The contract was negotiated for 3 seasons with Kappa last year so it's not like there was any manufacturer business to be done which relied on the result.

It didn't stop Bournemouth releasing their kit weeks ago either, in fact they've already played in the new one in their last few games. The league has nothing to do with it.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1144 on: July 27, 2020, 05:30:28 PM »
Looks like we're a bit behind the other PL teams (along with Brighton and Palace). Not even sneak "previews" out there.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/2020-21-kit-overview-all-20-21-kit-leaks-info.html

Also Stoke have joined Celtic and possibly West Ham in offering the home kit without the sponsor's logo. This is something I'd pay a premium for if I was buying a shirt and indeed would make me much more likely to buy one for the first time in years. Thoughts? Maybe one for the FCG to raise as a suggestion?

Quite like West Ham’s. Home and away. Very classical.
Albions is flippin awful

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1145 on: July 27, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Looks like we're a bit behind the other PL teams (along with Brighton and Palace). Not even sneak "previews" out there.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/2020-21-kit-overview-all-20-21-kit-leaks-info.html

Also Stoke have joined Celtic and possibly West Ham in offering the home kit without the sponsor's logo. This is something I'd pay a premium for if I was buying a shirt and indeed would make me much more likely to buy one for the first time in years. Thoughts? Maybe one for the FCG to raise as a suggestion?

Quite like West Ham’s. Home and away. Very classical.
Albions is flippin awful

Agree 100%. Liverpool, Brighton, Everton and Spurs home shirts are also awful. Think Chelsea home and Saints away are smart but the latter highlights an important rule. No matter how nice the shirt it will be ruined by Chinese script in the sponsor's logo (see also Newcastle).

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #1146 on: July 27, 2020, 06:45:36 PM »

Why would a kit design rely on what league we were in? The contract was negotiated for 3 seasons with Kappa last year so it's not like there was any manufacturer business to be done which relied on the result.

It didn't stop Bournemouth releasing their kit weeks ago either, in fact they've already played in the new one in their last few games. The league has nothing to do with it.

Bournemouth/Brighton have not changed their shirt sponsor like we have

Offline cheadlevilla

« Reply #1147 on: July 27, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »
I love the new Southampton Strip ....    very Peru!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1148 on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
OK I stand corrected. I thought there was the issue of league sleeve badge. 

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1149 on: July 27, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »

Yes they have 😂 Bournemouth switched from M88 to Vitality

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #1150 on: July 27, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »

Yes they have 😂 Bournemouth switched from M88 to Vitality

Maybe Bournemouth's old shirt contract ran out in June

Offline nigel

« Reply #1151 on: July 27, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »
I love the new Southampton Strip ....    very Peru!

Like the away one. I could imagine that in pale blue with a claret sash.

For me Southampton are red and white stripes. Not the bar code type, but proper stripes.
Newcastle have gone to what I consider proper stripes and it looks so much better.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1152 on: July 27, 2020, 10:24:18 PM »
For me Southampton are red and white stripes. Not the bar code type, but proper stripes.
Newcastle have gone to what I consider proper stripes and it looks so much better.

You may not like the new Inter kit then. Not 100% sure on the home one yet but like the other 2.
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/Kit-design/inter-milan-2020-21-home-away-and-third-kit-predictions.html

Also really like the new Dumbarton kit.
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4390

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1153 on: July 27, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »
I think it was Benjamin Franklin who once wrote, “There are 3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Aston Villa to be the last team to release their new kit accompanied with the inevitable stock issues.”
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:00:48 PM by OzVilla »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1154 on: July 27, 2020, 11:04:08 PM »
We should launch our kits straight onto the discount rail, such is their persistent tardiness.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal