collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215502 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #795 on: August 14, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »
Imagine how many kids, when buying a new shirt are then disappointed to be told that due to the fact that the shop keeps running out of the letter G, they can’t have any of the following names on their shirt;

Grealish
McGinn
Mings
El Ghazi
Engels
Guilbert
Targett
Douglas Luiz

I bet ‘Taylor’ has never been so popular!

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #796 on: August 14, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »
Think I may leave getting a shirt this season looking at all this.  It's a shame as I was looking forward to the away shirt and would have pre-ordered it had it not been for the fact I couldn't wear it to Spurs as was in a box and can't wear it to Bournemouth as going out straight from the match.

Lucky escape!

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #797 on: August 14, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
Imagine how many kids, when buying a new shirt are then disappointed to be told that due to the fact that the shop keeps running out of the letter G, they can’t have any of the following names on their shirt;

Grealish
McGinn
Mings
El Ghazi
Engels
Guilbert
Targett
Douglas Luiz

Forget the kids, imagine my disappointment I can't even get Dogtanian!

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #798 on: August 14, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
Think I may leave getting a shirt this season looking at all this.  It's a shame as I was looking forward to the away shirt and would have pre-ordered it had it not been for the fact I couldn't wear it to Spurs as was in a box and can't wear it to Bournemouth as going out straight from the match.

Lucky escape!

Me too although I don't think I've ever bought one full price. I wait until they've been reduced but even so I won't be getting one of these Kappa ones. A real shame and our fans deserve better.

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #799 on: August 14, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »

Lucky escape!

Me too although I don't think I've ever bought one full price. I wait until they've been reduced but even so I won't be getting one of these Kappa ones. A real shame and our fans deserve better.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with my pie-eating physique!   8)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #800 on: August 14, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
I can't even get Bad English.

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #801 on: August 14, 2019, 10:09:56 AM »

Grealish
McGinn
Mings
El Ghazi
Engels
Guilbert
Targett
Douglas Luiz

, Are they upper case or lower case g's though? Makes a big difference (smiley winky thing)

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #802 on: August 14, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »

In fairness though, Bad Enlish would go with the theme...  ;D

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #803 on: August 14, 2019, 10:36:59 AM »

Bad Enjlish would still get the point over.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #804 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:23 PM »
Finally got the second shirt I ordered - a claret training t-shirt (the one the players wore at the beginning before kit released) - and I ordered an XL - and it is slim-fit, with it not specified anywhere - and zero elasticity

Fuming! - and it has been removed from the web shop, so guess it was just a temporary players shirt.

My son has now two new shirts to use.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #805 on: August 14, 2019, 06:31:50 PM »
Echoing some of the previous comments, I also visited the club shop a couple of weeks ago to get new shirts for the kids only to find very limited choice of available sizes, no away kits whatsoever and they’d ran out of the letter G for the name printing (which meant that it wasn’t possible to get the name of any of our 3 most popular players).

Really amateurish and very frustrating. God knows how much revenue the club is missing out on by being unable to service customers who are trying to give them their money.

Agree Marlon.  The visit to the club shop is probably a highlight for most young football fans, but it has been a very underwhelming experience on both occasions.  A lot of items out of stock and a general shrug of the shoulders "oh well" type of attitude from the staff. 

If the club has got genuine designs on pushing on, then getting stuff like this right should surely be bread and butter.

Online Si

« Reply #806 on: August 14, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »
Took my daughter up to the shop last week. She tried on the home and away. Size small men's. She is 11 years old. My luke polo shirt is a large so tried an xl polo shirt. Couldn't even get it over my chest it was that tight. The sizing is ridiculous. The quality really is similar to knock off Barcelona shirts you'd find in Salou.Walked out without buying anything.  Popped into Bull ring. Saw the Arsenal shirt in the doorway of sports direct. Hate to admit it, but it really is a beautiful, quality football shirt. Kappa should be ashamed to have their name on such inferior quality clothing. Don't get me started on those sleeves, they looked so wrong on my daughter. Just resembled off cuts of material picked up off the floor and sewn together.

Online mike

« Reply #807 on: August 14, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
Two observations... bears shit in the woods, Kappa have always been shite, the only surprise is it's a good template. Second, if you need an XXXXL, you may not actually look that good in a football shirt. A bit like 90 year old royals don't really suit military uniforms. There are other ways to wear the colours on match day.

Online Dogtanian

« Reply #808 on: August 15, 2019, 08:07:13 AM »
Woah... nothing wrong with big lads wearing footie tops.

If you don't personally think that's a good look, no problem, you're only going to cheer on the Villa with um, you don't have to shag them.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #809 on: August 16, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »
Agree quality is shite, on my lads 'snagged' 1st day of wearing.  Credit to shop though, after phoning up they will replace foc and we get to keep snagged one

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal