collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213864 times)

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #675 on: July 23, 2019, 09:43:31 PM »

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #676 on: July 23, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #677 on: July 23, 2019, 10:13:23 PM »
No matter how slim you are, if you're a bloke with your nips are on show, you look like a nob. Best avoided!

Offline Baldy

« Reply #678 on: July 24, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »
Manchester City's third kit next year is a mixture of peach and yellow. Looks shyte.

However, where the players name is normally printed on the back of the shirt has been replaced with the name of Tecno, one of their sponsors. City signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with them and you can't help but notice the sponsors name!!

The players name is now printed just above their arse.

Personally, I found it annoying and at first thought City had a lot of players called Tecno when they played Wolves about a week ago in Asia. But money talks, should Villa offer the same to their sponsors???

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #679 on: July 24, 2019, 01:10:19 PM »

Give it a few more years and the whole kit will look like a racing drivers is wearing it - quite sad but "That's the Premiership"

Offline KRS

« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »
As AndyH said during the game last night...
In action, that kit looks like it’s got a lovely ‘80’s look about it.
Some may dislike the design and Kappa, but it’s simple design makes it look classic and timeless.

Offline exigo

« Reply #681 on: July 25, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
Manchester City's third kit next year is a mixture of peach and yellow. Looks shyte.

However, where the players name is normally printed on the back of the shirt has been replaced with the name of Tecno, one of their sponsors. City signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with them and you can't help but notice the sponsors name!!

The players name is now printed just above their arse.

Personally, I found it annoying and at first thought City had a lot of players called Tecno when they played Wolves about a week ago in Asia. But money talks, should Villa offer the same to their sponsors???

"And today's team is Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno, Techno. There's no limit to what they can achieve."

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #682 on: July 25, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »
As AndyH said during the game last night...
In action, that kit looks like it’s got a lovely ‘80’s look about it.
Some may dislike the design and Kappa, but it’s simple design makes it look classic and timeless.

That's one opinion.  I think it looks cheap and tacky.

Offline KRS

« Reply #683 on: July 27, 2019, 12:38:37 AM »
For those that like the keeper shirts, there's a yellow one now available in the Villa shop online...not bad if you like yellow.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #684 on: July 27, 2019, 11:00:26 AM »
Poor quality, misleading  sizing, no doubt shop/retail staff up the wall -not the best advert for the club.  If you only compare the quality alone, you will see immediately what a massive clanger Villa have dropped.  Can imagine very few mail order purchases from hereon in during the lifetime of Kappa. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #685 on: July 27, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
How long is the Kappa contract for? They've always been a godawful brand, and this year's kit just reinforces my opinion of them.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #686 on: July 27, 2019, 11:18:02 AM »
How long is the Kappa contract for? They've always been a godawful brand, and this year's kit just reinforces my opinion of them.

Hopefully we'll bin them at the end of the season. Awful brand.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #687 on: July 27, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »
I'm hoping we stick with a manufacturer for a few years. Sick of changing every year and not having the kit on sale until summer is nearly over as a result.

Anyway, this year's kits seem great (well, based on what I can ascertain from the abysmal kit launch).

Offline KRS

« Reply #688 on: July 27, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
I’ve never liked Kappa as a brand (going back to the days of Sergio Tacchini, Ellesse and Fila), but I can’t really fault the kits or training gear (even though admittedly I haven’t seen any in the flesh yet).

I’d be surprised if we have a contract with Kappa for just one season, and I would imagine we’d have the launch and supply issues repeated again if we did change manufacturer...however an adidas kit is long overdue!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #689 on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:30 AM »
I dunno. With Adidas we would just be one of many. Same when we were with Nike, they didn't seem to give the slightest shit. Maybe better to be a big fish in a small pond?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal