collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213999 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2019, 03:15:13 PM »
I wonder if this is the same sort of thing they do with replica shirts in the US.  I noticed over there in NFL shops that the "match day" shirts  are a lot more expensive than the standard ones.

It's quite clever in a thieving-bastard kind of way.

When replica shirts were introduced they were expensive because it gave you the chance to dress like the professionals. Over time the quality of them got pushed down whilst the retail price crept up to drive extra profit.

Now they introduce a new version so you can dress like the professionals again and charge you £25 more for it.

Incredible. But as Edvard demonstrates, they can get away with it!

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #481 on: July 12, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »
I wonder if this is the same sort of thing they do with replica shirts in the US.  I noticed over there in NFL shops that the "match day" shirts  are a lot more expensive than the standard ones.

When replica shirts were introduced they were expensive because it gave you the chance to dress like the professionals. Over time the quality of them got pushed down whilst the retail price crept up to drive extra profit.

Now they introduce a new version so you can dress like the professionals again and charge you £25 more for it.

That's only because I am daft.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #482 on: July 12, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »

I'm sure you're not.  But the clubs take advantage of people getting carried away in the momentum.

£80 for a t-shirt is eye-wateringly expensive (or maybe it isn't and I'm just tight!).

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #483 on: July 12, 2019, 04:13:34 PM »

I'm sure you're not.  But the clubs take advantage of people getting carried away in the momentum.

£80 for a t-shirt is eye-wateringly expensive (or maybe it isn't and I'm just tight!).
It is - and why I rarely buy any shirt until they are on end-of-season sale - but in this case - I am doing a one-off, hoping this is a start of a new era of success :)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #484 on: July 12, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »

not as tight as those £80 shirts eeeek !!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #485 on: July 12, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
The new Luton home top by Puma is lovely. Simple design.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #486 on: July 12, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »

Nice.  Shame we won't be seeing much of it this season.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #487 on: July 12, 2019, 04:46:30 PM »
That's horrible! Can you imagine what ours would look like with that template? Shudder.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #488 on: July 12, 2019, 04:57:42 PM »

Were they actually the same as the ones the players wore when they were first on sale to the public? Because my first shirts were in the mid/late 90s and those ones definitely weren't.

It does make sense for the price to go up as technology has advanced imo, its not just football shirts you see this with. Whether its worth the price is down to the individual I think.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2019, 05:00:57 PM »

As a Lutonian it could do with dropping the black dressing on the sleeves, then it would be like the early 80s one, but otherwise you're right TV, very nice.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #490 on: July 12, 2019, 05:48:33 PM »
It looks quite red, assume it is orangeyer in real life.

Offline exigo

« Reply #491 on: July 12, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »
First home shirt I've bought since Nike/Acorns. And I had to add the Premier League patch, partly to balance out the sleeve sponsor on the other side. But mostly because WE'RE BLOODY BACK!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2019, 10:41:52 PM »
I like it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2019, 10:57:56 PM »
I don’t particularly like it.  After last years beauty it always had a lot to live up to.  It ticks the blue sleeve box but frankly it just seems a bit dull.  But if we have a great season I’m pretty sure it will grow on me.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2019, 11:35:40 PM »
"If you’re unable to make it to either the US or UK launch..."
Qu'est-ce que that when it's at home, then?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal