collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 04:09:31 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 04:09:31 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 04:08:28 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:08:02 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 04:07:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rams fan view of the final  (Read 22158 times)

Offline Ramsfan

Rams fan view of the final
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
Hi all,
Some of you might remember me - I posted on here after you thrashed us 3-0 at PP at the back end of last year. Told you I was bunging a load of cash on you to win the league .. did so, bet looked good for a while - then Grealish got injured and it all went south! 🙁

Didn’t bother coming back on here when you thrashed us 4-0 at VP - was too embarrassed tbh! Plus, by then, any chance of you fulfilling my bet had long since gone with young Jack’s injured shin! (Sadly my bet was on you finishing in the top 3, rather than promotion by whatever method!)..

Anyway, thought I’d check back in ahead of our big meeting and offer my views.. for what they’re worth:

Well, personally it’s all a bit of a mare - the missus is a diehard Villan, so the next fortnight is likely to test our nuptials! 🤣  Looking at it another way though, as painful as the big day is going to be for one of us - at least one of our great clubs will be back where we deserve to be!

So what of the outcome? When you thrashed us at PP and were 4-0 up at half time in the return, the idea of us meeting at Wembley was so remote it seems laughable right now! Still not sure what Lampard was playing at VP - the writing was on the wall as soon as I heard the team he’d picked!

For my sake, I hope he learnt many lessons that day. I’d recently started to think he was a bit naive tactically - particularly after once again being outplayed by dirty Leeds on Saturday after playing the exact same way that got us handsomely thrashed twice by them already! But last night’s wholly unexpected and brilliant win at Elland Road gives us hope he’ll come up with a plan to counter the many threats you’ll pose at Wembley. We’re somehow going to have to try and find a way of snuffing out young Jack on the wide open spaces of the hallowed turf. Hourihane has a nasty habit of scoring against us, as does Abraham. But the team spirit I saw last night, coupled with some quite brilliant attacking play (admittedly aided by shoddy Leeds defending) really gives me some hope when common sense says there shouldn’t really be much!

You will be firm favourites and - joking apart - I really won’t have a problem with you making it back to the Prem. On the day, much will depend on whether the Villa I saw play at West Brom turns up, or the one that was so impressive towards season’s end. But it’ll also depend on the approach Lampard adopts: Play with the fearless abandon and togetherness we showed last night and it could be some occasion! My money’s on you ... but that should be good news for my beloved Rams!

7-0 to you over the two games so far suggests only one possible outcome - but that’s what Leeds thought last night with a similar 7-1 advantage over three games! In the end it counted for nothing and it was a joy to see the cocky smiles knocked off their arrogant Yorkshire mugs! Have always loathed then .. I’m old enough to remember their treatment of the great B Clough, and their blatant cheating and poor sportsmanship against you lot up there recently only deepened my disdain!

It’s a one off cup final on 27th.. try and enjoy the day Villa - and good luck next year, whichever league you’re in!

Cheers, Ramsfan.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
Re: Rams fan view of the final
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:15:12 PM »
Nice post Ramsfan, thank you. I hope you have a great day out and your wife is the happier!!!

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:05 PM »
I like it when other teams' fans post here so thanks for that.

I haven't got a fucking clue how it will pan out. Watching football over the last couple of weeks has been mindbending. I think the two teams play quite similarly. I'd like to think we have marginally better players and we do have a much more experienced manager, though Lampard has obviously been involved in games of this magnitude whereas Smith hasn't.

I do know that I'm glad we're not playing Leeds. Not that Derby are necessarily a much worse team, just that I have the feeling that Leeds had our number to a certain extent. They tried to rile us and succeeded. At least this will be a game of football.

In short, fuck knows.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:25:35 PM »
Good post mate and so glad to be playing you and not either of the other 2 play off teams!!

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
Welcome mate and best of luck, to your Mrs ;-)

Nah it’s honestly a relief to know that if we don’t make it, it won’t be at the expense of that horrible Leeds team. Derby one of the few teams I don’t hate.

What do you lot think of the Malone suspension out of interest?

Offline spk

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:33:55 PM »
So pleased its you lot not Leeds.Atmosphere around Wembley will be far nicer.Hope you don't make it this time,but storm it next season.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:35:14 PM »
Good post! I have a cracking mate who’s a massive Derby fan, but whatever the result we will still be mates. Two proper clubs in this play off..it’s been great in the championship but time for us to get back to the first division. Cheers.

Offline Ramsfan

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:52 PM »
Welcome mate and best of luck, to your Mrs ;-)

Nah it’s honestly a relief to know that if we don’t make it, it won’t be at the expense of that horrible Leeds team. Derby one of the few teams I don’t hate.

What do you lot think of the Malone suspension out of interest?

Interesting one that mate... personally don’t rate the guy, bit like Bambi on Ice! But i have to say the thought of El Ghazi running at Cole fills me with dread .. and memories of his half time substitution at VP! FL will need to come up with a plan to cover his lack of legs when we’re on the defensive... on a positive note though, AC’s experience could be crucial with such a young team , most of whom have never even been near Wembley!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:44:18 PM by Ramsfan »

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
Should be a good weekend down there - the Mackems are into their play off final - no problem with them or Derby fans so it  promises to be a decent footballing weekend

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 09:43:17 PM »
Great post. Still hope we beat you and your partner is happier than you, though.

Online The Edge

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »
Good post ramsfan. Before last nights game i would have been confident of turning Derby over in the final. But i was very impressed with the way your team coped with Leeds. Their players and fans thought they had it in the bag so it was quite amusing to watch their fans slowly realise that their antics on and off the pitch hadn't worked out how they'd expected. Im sure Dean Smith will drum it into the players that what happened in the league means nothing. Our players and supporters know for sure that victory will  only be won if we bring our 'A' game on and off the pitch. Whatever the outcome i hope we all have a great day at Wembley and do our illustrious clubs proud. Im obviously hoping and praying for a Villa victory but if we lose we'll wish you well in the Premier league. After all we pride ourselves on being the classy club in the West Midlands. See ya at Wembley.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:31 PM »
Good post ramsfan. Before last nights game i would have been confident of turning Derby over in the final. But i was very impressed with the way your team coped with Leeds. Their players and fans thought they had it in the bag so it was quite amusing to watch their fans slowly realise that their antics on and off the pitch hadn't worked out how they'd expected. Im sure Dean Smith will drum it into the players that what happened in the league means nothing. Our players and supporters know for sure that victory will  only be won if we bring our 'A' game on and off the pitch. Whatever the outcome i hope we all have a great day at Wembley and do our illustrious clubs proud. Im obviously hoping and praying for a Villa victory but if we lose we'll wish you well in the Premier league. After all we pride ourselves on being the classy club in the West Midlands. See ya at Wembley.

Well said.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »

Well said.
I'll second that - football will be the eventual winner

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:48 PM »

Well said.
I'll second that - football will be the eventual winner

What odds are they offering on football? I fancy a slice of that!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 10:09:12 PM »
Ramsfan you are married to a very decent lady.
As others said I hope football is the winner on the day and if it is The Villa will be on their way to the Premier League and you guys will win the Championship next season :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal