collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 02:13:51 PM]

Re: VAR by paul_e
[Today at 02:09:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:08:41 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rams fan view of the final  (Read 22157 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Rams fan view of the final
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 07:56:43 AM »
My dear mom has a saying of "cheaters never prosper"

How relevant is that to the shithouses that are Bitters and Dirty Leeds.

Football won and we all should be happy knowing both teams will play openly, honestly and will be gracious in defeat if need be.

Should be a great game and day out.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 09:04:01 AM »
Football has shown over the last few weeks that the team who wants it most have eventually ended up the winners.
I am hoping for a great game played in the same spirit with of course ourselves the eventual winners, but if Derby were to win I am sure Villains would wish them the best of luck.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »
Classy post, particularly when I compare it to the messages I've got from WBA and Blues fans.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 09:22:44 AM »
I'm glad it was Derby and not Boro who got the last play off place, and I'm really glad you beat Leeds to get to the final.  Hopefully it will be a great game of football, and you'll come up automatically next year! ;)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »
Good stuff  Ramsfan.
Enjoyed seeing your celebrations after defeating dirty dirty Leeds.
Obviously want your wife to enjoy the final most but thanks for your comments.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
Great post and great gesture, both of our clubs belong in the top division (frankly, enmities aside, the whole top six this year should historically be in the top division) and it's great for the game that one of us will make it.

Neither side will make it easy for the other on the day I think. I really rate Lampard as a potential top level manager, he's always had an obviously deep and thoughtful approach to the game, which was one of the (many) reasons I always preferred him to Gerrard, and he'll have learned from the reversals against us this season and will have a plan. Hopefully Dean can counter it, and hopefully it will be a good game - although, as I said on the pre match thread, I'd take a scrappy, shitty, bobbles-in scuffed penalty that shouldn't have been given while you have 10 goals wrongly ruled out, and you guys of course would to!

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
Great post and great gesture, both of our clubs belong in the top division (frankly, enmities aside, the whole top six this year should historically be in the top division) and it's great for the game that one of us will make it.

Neither side will make it easy for the other on the day I think. I really rate Lampard as a potential top level manager, he's always had an obviously deep and thoughtful approach to the game, which was one of the (many) reasons I always preferred him to Gerrard, and he'll have learned from the reversals against us this season and will have a plan. Hopefully Dean can counter it, and hopefully it will be a good game - although, as I said on the pre match thread, I'd take a scrappy, shitty, bobbles-in scuffed penalty that shouldn't have been given while you have 10 goals wrongly ruled out, and you guys of course would to!

I respectfully, but firmly, disagree. Leeds are just a mad cult.

Online The Edge

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2019, 11:28:16 AM »

I only ever knew one Leeds fan and he was a bit of a mad cult.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »

I only ever knew one Leeds fan and he was a bit of a mad cult.
Something wrong with your spelling? ;)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:29 PM »
I've lots of time for Derby, proper football town and down to earth fans. If we don't go up then I'd rather it be them than Leeds and Allbeyun.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
Surprised to see that Glossop have only spent one season in the top flight.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2019, 12:51:05 PM »
I quite like Derby, they play football the right way, although 'Frank Lampard's Derby' is getting a bit nauseous.

Very pleased Derby beat Leeds and hopefully the final will be a great game.  I'll be gutted if we don't win, but if the worst happens it will be slightly more palatable than losing to Leeds or the Baggies.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »
Nah they might be a sack of cults but if Baggies and the Sheffield are top division clubs then Leeds are easily.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
Can I join the Derby love in? My late Nan was from Derby and never lost her accent. Miss her calling me duck.

Anyway, enough of that, Up the Villa!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal