collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wembley Tickets  (Read 89366 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Wembley Tickets
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2019, 11:37:15 PM »
I still reckon it will sell out during the 3+ window.

That's what I think, but nothing would surprise me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2019, 11:55:00 PM »
Why is it common sense or garbage?  Given we've increased attendances by 4k on average and decreased the allocation by 2k, that it will get beyond 5+ and 3+, when demand has increased and supply decreased?

Surely it's common sense to assume the average 4k increase in support has been to a minimum of 3+, given the number of sell outs we've had. That as a result there will be a lot more that meet the 5+ threshold and 3+ threshold this year compared to last and fewer seats to meet that demand.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2019, 12:03:16 AM »
Why is it common sense or garbage?  Given we've increased attendances by 4k on average and decreased the allocation by 2k, that it will get beyond 5+ and 3+, when demand has increased and supply decreased?

Surely it's common sense to assume the average 4k increase in support has been to a minimum of 3+, given the number of sell outs we've had. That as a result there will be a lot more that meet the 5+ threshold and 3+ threshold this year compared to last and fewer seats to meet that demand.

Not come on looking for a row mate. Hope everyone that gets a ticket does so.  As I said, happy to hold hand up if I’m wrong.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »
I still reckon it will sell out during the 3+ window.

That's my gut feeling. But I think most 3+s will get a ticket.

Offline KRS

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2019, 01:40:18 AM »
For what it’s worth, I hope you’re right The_ads. Myself and others can only provide information that everyone else also has regarding ticket availability. If they are holding back blocks (which may or may not contain blocks in first or second tiers) then I think it’s a crappy way to sell the tickets even though I can understand why it may be done.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2019, 06:55:30 AM »
It is a crappy way to sell tickets, no doubt about it.
When I tried to buy our 3 tickets at 6:45 pm on Wednesday (after waiting in the q for over an hour) there were NO middle tier tickets available in the side sections, other than 100’s in the family sections that we did not qualify for.
We ended buying in block 528.

Yesterday, during the cup final, I randomly logged on to the website after 5pm. Got straight onto the site and bugger me, the whole of blocks 228,229 were available.

In my opinion, it looks like they deliberately hold back these ‘premium’ seats for later and so in reality, the earlier in the windows you qualify to buy your ticket, the shitter the choice.

I am sure I pointed this out previously to my mates, but there is no way we were going to gamble by leaving buying our tickets until days after they have gone on sale when we can buy them when they first go on sale.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
When I tried to buy our 3 tickets at 6:45 pm on Wednesday (after waiting in the q for over an hour) there were NO middle tier tickets available in the side sections, other than 100’s in the family sections that we did not qualify for.

Yesterday, during the cup final, I randomly logged on to the website after 5pm. Got straight onto the site and bugger me, the whole of blocks 228,229 were available.

In my opinion, it looks like they deliberately hold back these ‘premium’ seats for later and so in reality, the earlier in the windows you qualify to buy your ticket, the shitter the choice.

I am sure I pointed this out previously to my mates, but there is no way we were going to gamble by leaving buying our tickets until days after they have gone on sale when we can buy them when they first go on sale.

Its a horrible dilemma when you suspect better tickets are going to re-appear.

With regard to the middle tier though - I think there are a lot of corporate seats in that tier & they take a few days to see how these are selling & then offer a number to us plebs accordingly. As a result of this, the atmosphere may not be as good there as in the top tier, where so many of our core support have ended up. I noticed yesterday when Man City won the FA Cup, the middle tier was nearly empty when they were celebrating whilst the bottom and top were still full.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2019, 10:40:20 AM »
A quote fail, when trying to correct a quote fail.
It's been a long day.

We're you eating a pikelet?

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »
As amfy says the middle tier is Club Wembley I assume but for £100 no thanks.

I was on the site by 5.10 yesterday and the only choice was there, the family bit in the lower or a fair few in the upper. I had to assume therefore that the rest of the lower was completely sold out with no blocks available then or at a later stage.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:00:35 AM by Richard »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2019, 10:57:27 AM »
What is the logic in holding blocks back for an event that will definitely sell out?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »

Its a horrible dilemma when you suspect better tickets are going to re-appear.

With regard to the middle tier though - I think there are a lot of corporate seats in that tier & they take a few days to see how these are selling & then offer a number to us plebs accordingly. As a result of this, the atmosphere may not be as good there as in the top tier, where so many of our core support have ended up. I noticed yesterday when Man City won the FA Cup, the middle tier was nearly empty when they were celebrating whilst the bottom and top were still full.
The thing is am, the ticket office blatantly lied to you when they said other blocks would not become available - The exact same thing happened last year.  It is an absolutely appalling way to distribute tickets.

I would have ideally liked level 2 £98 tickets, however, none have been available (to my knowledge) until yesterday.  So someone like me (season ticket holder & 12 aways) gets a worse choice than someone with 5 games.  Even worse for Ads who has been to every game home and away but could only purchase level 3.  Appalling.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »
What is the logic in holding blocks back for an event that will definitely sell out?
Precisely !
Just put the whole lot on sale from day 1 and let people chose.

I suspect though, it’s done to make posting easier?
Maybe it’s more difficult to sift through the tickets to post them in the order they are sold. If the order they are sold is restricted to certain ares, then picking and posting those tickets is much easier.
That’s my theory anyway.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
How do you get hold of club wembleytickets?

I have been to over 3 games but booked on a mates reference.
I will pay £100 if that is an option.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »
I would have thought they print each ticket as it’s sold, not pre print 36k tickets?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2019, 11:16:05 AM »
I saw a moan off someone on Facebook yesterday from some woman who was 'disgusted' that only ticket office staff were allowed in the ticket office. She wanted to check her booking history apparently.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal