collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53985 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
It might not be fair, but for the Albion life has been one long stream of unfairness since 1878.

Even the weather has had it in for them.

Their ground is at the highest altitude of all professional teams in the UK, so they have only themselves to blame. Sandwell MP Tom Watson probably blames Corbyn, though.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:32 PM »
It might not be fair, but for the Albion life has been one long stream of unfairness since 1878.

Yeah whether they defend at home in a semi final with ten on the bus or eleven

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #422 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:28 PM »

Yeah whether they defend at home in a semi final with ten on the bus or eleven

As they couldn't decide they tried both options.

Online geolex

« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2019, 07:28:38 AM »
i surprised that haven't claimed that Jack dived to win his shoot out penalty

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »
It's not perfect but the playoffs keep the league alive for the mid table teams already safe from relegation.

The top three going up automatically would probably result in clubs who are in the 6th-12th positions in March mentally already being on the beach.

Which in turn could skew the top three as whoever was playing those mid table teams towards the end of the season would have an easier game than if they'd played them earlier in the season.

Individual clubs might be unlucky on occasion but keeping the league competitive for all clubs for the whole season is a principle that's good for the league as a whole. Playoffs seem to be the best way of achieving that.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »
Bielsa also was not quite so magnanamous. Whilst it was great what he eventually did, he had Smith and Terry in his ear possibly influencing his decision.

And Bielsa has nothing to lose. They couldn’t make automatic and it would be some form of redemption for him after Spygate. Win, win for him

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »
It's not perfect but the playoffs keep the league alive for the mid table teams already safe from relegation.

The top three going up automatically would probably result in clubs who are in the 6th-12th positions in March mentally already being on the beach.

Which in turn could skew the top three as whoever was playing those mid table teams towards the end of the season would have an easier game than if they'd played them earlier in the season.

Individual clubs might be unlucky on occasion but keeping the league competitive for all clubs for the whole season is a principle that's good for the league as a whole. Playoffs seem to be the best way of achieving that.
The only thing I would change is make the first games one-leg only so that the team finishing highest has home advantage for earning more points.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2019, 10:41:59 AM »
I was unexpectedly hospitalised not long after crumpetgate (serve me right, sorry pikelet aficionados, I've learned my lesson)

I was on the emergency ward for 36hrs, and my yam yam neighbour in the adjoining cubicle had fainted at work. I learned that he had a potentially lifechanging heart condition, that his missus has just had their fifth "babby", that said missus is in a different hospital with a serious sepsis infection, all dealt with and dismissed fairly briefly.

His chief cause for concern from his conversations on the phone and with visitors was the Vile, our cheating, "Greasy's" diving, our buying of the officials all season and especially during the playoffs, tayfair tayfair tayfair.

One of the symptoms of my condition was a total loss of my voice. You can imagine how delighted I was when it started to come back and I was able to gently hum the strains of allez allez allez, MOMS and other choice Villa chants.

"Is that a fucking Vilar next door? Oy ay loyan next to a fucking Vilar"

"calm it down Shane, rimimba yer heart"

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2019, 10:44:57 AM »
Quality. Get well soon. Including the sad bitter and his missus.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
I was unexpectedly hospitalised not long after crumpetgate (serve me right, sorry pikelet aficionados, I've learned my lesson)

I was on the emergency ward for 36hrs, and my yam yam neighbour in the adjoining cubicle had fainted at work. I learned that he had a potentially lifechanging heart condition, that his missus has just had their fifth "babby", that said missus is in a different hospital with a serious sepsis infection, all dealt with and dismissed fairly briefly.

His chief cause for concern from his conversations on the phone and with visitors was the Vile, our cheating, "Greasy's" diving, our buying of the officials all season and especially during the playoffs, tayfair tayfair tayfair.

One of the symptoms of my condition was a total loss of my voice. You can imagine how delighted I was when it started to come back and I was able to gently hum the strains of allez allez allez, MOMS and other choice Villa chants.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Marvellous story.

Hope you are on the road to recovery by the way.

Offline Rodders

« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
Thank you, Leeg and Clampy. I'm still in and not sure when I'll be allowed home, but his total, clichéd Bitterness cheered me immensely for a few, brief hours. I can't say that I was too sad when they moved me to a different ward, tho.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:50:19 AM by Rodders »

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant, get well soon mate, UTV

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant, get well soon mate, UTV

Seconded. Hope you're better soon bud. A few quiet strains of the FTA tune should go down a treat for a while!!

Offline Rodders

« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »
Thanks chaps. My epiglottis decided to weld itself shut and I was on the point of being unable to breathe due to the ensuing swelling.

I was admitted on Wednesday night and I was asked whether I had swallowed any foreign objects or irritated my vocal cords in any way in the last few days... Bitter neighbour's voice went up a few tones with his visitor  when he heard me showing the docs the video my son took of us celebrating Herohane's goal on Saturday.

Doc was unable to distinguish between son's nearly broken voice (he's 14) and my teenish screeching (I'm 45) and made me promise not to celebrate too wildly next week.

My neighbour here on the ENT ward was born in 1937 and remembers the old wooden north stand, Trevor Ford, Danny Blanchflower and has other great stories. He hadn't said a word to me in nearly 24hrs on the ward until I emerged from the shower in my 1957 FA cup replica shirt, now I can't keep him quiet! He was at the game, first time he ever went to London.

It's a small and lovely world.

UTV

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
Nice story.
Be well soon

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal