collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread  (Read 44188 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2019, 06:38:25 PM »
The clue is often in the poster's name.  Sexual Ealing lives in MiddleSEX, PWS lives in PETERborough, Dave SHELley lives in Sheldon, TV lives in Quebec just down the road from me in GREEN Bay.  You will soon get the hang of it geolex..

‘Location: Tipton’ is more obscure, but a slight clue nonetheless.
Yam cor see the lowcation if yam using them mowbile versions.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
I think the atmosphere has been amazing in parts for the past 5 or 6 home games.  The crowd fell silent after WBA scored which played into their hands a little bit and allowed the Albion fans to make themselves heard.

I really rate Dwight Gayle and think he was part of the reason why Mings didn't have his best game yesterday.  It is no coincidence that he was up against his most difficult opponent since joining in January.  I would be quite open to seeing Gale playing in a Dean Smith side and wouldn't be upset if we signed him next season, regardless of division.

I agree about Gayle.

He's a Premier League level striker, no doubt about it. I know he spent a lot of time throwing himself around and rolling about on the ground, as well as other acts of timewasting and following through on Steer, but he's a very good player indeed, and him not being available will make a massive difference on Tuesday.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2019, 07:37:56 PM »
He looks like the Mel B character on Bo Selecta.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
Gayle is one of those players that is too good for Division 2 but is shit with the odd spike into mediocre in the top flight.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:07 PM »
Gayle is one of those players that is too good for Division 2 but is shit with the odd spike into mediocre in the top flight.

The Huckerby Zone.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »

The Huckerby Zone.

21st century Guy Whittingham.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2019, 08:00:07 PM »

The Huckerby Zone.

Players like Grabban often arrive from the top flight on a David Nugent scholarship.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »

The Huckerby Zone.

Players like Grabban often arrive from the top flight on a David Nugent scholarship.
Or with a Jermaine Beckford grant from the Ministry of Nearly.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »
I thought we were lacking energy and effort for a good hour yesterday. The introduction of Hourihane changed that as he was looking to create something straight away.

They really didn't want to do anything but waste time and hang on. Much like we would have done under our last manager.

They were hard to break down but we don't have to do that now, we just have to not give anything away again and we'll be fine on Tuesday. An early goal for us would, of course, be great.

I thought Gayle was lucky to be on the pitch as long as he was, the amount of diving, feigning injury, time wasting etc should have seen him booked far earlier.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »

The Huckerby Zone.

Or with a Jermaine Beckford grant from the Ministry of Nearly.

Yes, the ministry where long standing civil servants, upon their retirement, are handed a ceremonial Steve Bull as reminder of this noble principle: that which ought not to travel is best served by standing still, ay it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:22 PM »
They lost their heads really in two crucial moments. Gibbs gave away a free kick on Green for putting his hand in his face and lost it with ref. Few minutes later, still rattled, he gave away a penalty. Lucky not to get a second yellow in truth, crazy tackle for an experienced player.

Gayle was utterly stupid. Narrowly avoided a second yellow moments earlier and there wasn't a hope of him getting to that cross.

We simply have to keep our heads on Tues night. Going down to 10 men could turn the tie.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2019, 09:51:47 PM »
I agree they lost their heads. The part the home support played in this is not to be underestimated. Up to 40k fans singing allez and f-ck the albion with the intensity they did has got to be unnerving to individuals on the pitch. Long may this continue. UTV!

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »

Maybe so but if Deano wanted him, I would trust him.

For every Guy Wittingham and Jermaine Beckford, there is a Jordan Ayew, Bosco Balaban or a Milan Baros.

I'd wager that Gayle's conversion rate is better than Abraham's who is also yet to prove himself in the PL.

If (and it is obviously a big if) we do get back to where we belong this season, we need to be realistic in who we are going to attract.  Signing Benteke was the exception rather than the norm and for every Benteke.....................

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »

For every Guy Wittingham and Jermaine Beckford, there is a Jordan Ayew, Bosco Balaban or a Milan Baros.

I'd wager that Gayle's conversion rate is better than Abraham's who is also yet to prove himself in the PL.

If (and it is obviously a big if) we do get back to where we belong this season, we need to be realistic in who we are going to attract.  Signing Benteke was the exception rather than the norm and for every Benteke.....................

I'm struggling with your 'for every x there is a y' equation. You seem to be saying that for every x there is an x?

Online danno

« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2019, 10:30:03 PM »

I'm struggling with your 'for every x there is a y' equation. You seem to be saying that for every x there is an x?

Signings from foreign leagues fail as often as those signed from lower leagues. For every Akinbiyi there is a Altidore.  Or something

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal