collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 919933 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1620 on: June 14, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
Must be a quiet day today if we are talking about Chelski’s problems. We need another signing!

It's quite correct that we take an interest in the problems of small clubs.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1621 on: June 14, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
Must be a quiet day today if we are talking about Chelski’s problems. We need another signing!

I know boring isn’t it....we haven’t broke our transfer record for 16 hours :-)

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #1622 on: June 14, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
I watched the Playoff final again yesterday, and doing so in a calm and collected manner, realised how well Tomori played for Derby. He's not the biggest for a centre-half, but by-and-large managed to keep Tammy under control. He also tries to play from the back, much like Tuanzebe does. If Axel is a definite no-go, we could do a lot worse than get this guy in. We need to do so quickly though, as if Lampard does go to Stamford Bridge, I can see him trying to integrate Tomori into the squad.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1623 on: June 14, 2019, 10:36:37 AM »
If Lampard ends up back there I think Tammy will end up getting game time at Chelsea, unfortunately
If Lampard is appointed manager then surely that signals the beginning of the end for Abromavic in terms of Chelski seriously challenging for honours. I would actually feel sorry for Derby as he could do a good job there, but Chelski need someone with a lot more experience that Lampard to sort the mess out.

Seriously. the team that’s just finished 3rd in the League and won the Europa League. Ok Sarri was a bit out of place and didn’t fit but I’d like a bit of Chelsea’s “mess” down the Villa. In case anyone missed it as well they’ve now won more trophies than us so still work to be done on our part to sort that out.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1624 on: June 14, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »
If Lampard ends up back there I think Tammy will end up getting game time at Chelsea, unfortunately
If Lampard is appointed manager then surely that signals the beginning of the end for Abromavic in terms of Chelski seriously challenging for honours. I would actually feel sorry for Derby as he could do a good job there, but Chelski need someone with a lot more experience that Lampard to sort the mess out.

Seriously. the team that’s just finished 3rd in the League and won the Europa League. Ok Sarri was a bit out of place and didn’t fit but I’d like a bit of Chelsea’s “mess” down the Villa. In case anyone missed it as well they’ve now won more trophies than us so still work to be done on our part to sort that out.

You can't compare team for team though can you? Teams have different expectations.

Chelsea's would have been to be challenging for the league and the Champions League. They were 26 points away from the title and in the Europa League. They have a transfer ban for two windows, have sold their best player and their proven striker options consist of Oliver Giroud. I'd say by Chelsea's recent standards, they aren't in the best place right now.

Yes, of course we'd love to swap and be 3rd in the Premier League.

I'm sure Kiddie Harriers would want to swap with Blues. It doesn't stop Blues being a shower of shite, does it?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1625 on: June 14, 2019, 11:41:02 AM »
Any news on Kalvin Phillips?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1626 on: June 14, 2019, 12:13:24 PM »
Seriously. the team that’s just finished 3rd in the League and won the Europa League. Ok Sarri was a bit out of place and didn’t fit but I’d like a bit of Chelsea’s “mess” down the Villa.
I take your point but for any of those clubs at the top it's like settling for second best. 

Offline AV82EC

« Reply #1627 on: June 14, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
Seriously. the team that’s just finished 3rd in the League and won the Europa League. Ok Sarri was a bit out of place and didn’t fit but I’d like a bit of Chelsea’s “mess” down the Villa.
I take your point but for any of those clubs at the top it's like settling for second best.

Fair point. In fairness we should look at Chelsea as the exception that maybe proves the rule. Ultimately most clubs preach a stability agenda and want to replicate the Ferguson/Wenger model but Chelsea have come in and used disruption and instability in management appts to create success. I realise the money Abramovich ploughs in helps but you can’t deny they’ve been phenomenally successful in their approach.

Offline AV82EC

« Reply #1628 on: June 14, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »

You can't compare team for team though can you? Teams have different expectations.

Chelsea's would have been to be challenging for the league and the Champions League. They were 26 points away from the title and in the Europa League. They have a transfer ban for two windows, have sold their best player and their proven striker options consist of Oliver Giroud. I'd say by Chelsea's recent standards, they aren't in the best place right now.

Yes, of course we'd love to swap and be 3rd in the Premier League.

I'm sure Kiddie Harriers would want to swap with Blues. It doesn't stop Blues being a shower of shite, does it?
Yep maybe I’ve missed the comparative levels of where we are/want to be in my comments but as I said in my other post the disruption (mess?) element to how they run their club is interesting.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1629 on: June 14, 2019, 12:41:01 PM »
Yep maybe I’ve missed the comparative levels of where we are/want to be in my comments but as I said in my other post the disruption (mess?) element to how they run their club is interesting.

I'd certainly be interested to know if it was intentional on Abrahimovic's part to rotate through so many managers (keeping things fresh?) or whether as is more likely he just gets bored with his latest investment and wants a new toy.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1630 on: June 14, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »

I'd certainly be interested to know if it was intentional on Abrahimovic's part to rotate through so many managers (keeping things fresh?) or whether as is more likely he just gets bored with his latest investment and wants a new toy.

The managers he selects tend to be more project focused for 2-3 years. None of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Sarri, Conte, Scolari (maybe missing 1 or 2) are the dynasty building type. It's a model that works and any manager that goes in there knows exactly what they are signing up to.

Lampard is a complete change to that model. I thought Lampard in the playoff final had an utter nightmare with regards team selection, timing of subs and tactics. I don't think he is anywhere near ready to be honest  for the Chelsea gig.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1631 on: June 14, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »

Few links I saw today suggests he wants to stay at Leeds.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #1632 on: June 14, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
I can't see how we would get Dunk from Brighton - surely they know selling their better players to rivals will leave them really struggling? I recently read a football stats book and it showed that spending big on defence was better points-wise than spending big on strikers. It's the psychology of non-events (ie we don't notice so much when we don't concede, as opposed to noticing goals scored).

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1633 on: June 14, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

Few links I saw today suggests he wants to stay at Leeds.
Thought he might if he's a Leeds lad.  With Bielsa staying they probably think they've got a good chance next year.  Respect for him if he does stay, bit like Jack with us.  Shame as I'd really like him to come.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1634 on: June 14, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »

He's still got a stupid hairdo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal