collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 910429 times)

Offline TelfordVilla

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1155 on: June 07, 2019, 04:43:38 PM »
Maupay scored almost as many as Tammy and probably missed far fewer, he also assisted a fair few for team mates. All done in a weaker side than Villa. He has worked with DS before and is a bit of a nasty bastard with it.  He costs less than Tammy and is keen to come to Villa. What is not to like about this ?

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1156 on: June 07, 2019, 05:04:55 PM »
Maupay scored almost as many as Tammy and probably missed far fewer, he also assisted a fair few for team mates. All done in a weaker side than Villa. He has worked with DS before and is a bit of a nasty bastard with it.  He costs less than Tammy and is keen to come to Villa. What is not to like about this ?

Nothing, would be a good signing. Can see him going on to play for France and still young.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1157 on: June 07, 2019, 05:51:27 PM »
Gomez would cost maximum 43 million by contract and probably less. That said, I'd be very surprised if we spent 30 million on a single player this window.

Gómez won’t happen. I think we are a year or two away from that kind of signing. I agree with you that we will take a positive but responsible approach to play acquisition this summer and then once established invest appropriately to make progress in the division and hopefully into European competition. Really good players will also have choices and we need to guarantee our PL status first.
Surely signing a top quality player now would give us a better chance of staying up (and subsequently making progress) than not?

With all of the building we need to do I wonder if we will have the capacity for that. If we are able to address all of the essentials and can add one or two outstanding pieces then it would be ace.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1158 on: June 07, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »
I think we needed better and different to Tammy.

We need pace and Tammy cannot play off the shoulder.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1159 on: June 07, 2019, 07:07:55 PM »
Spot on Ads.  Bit more iron character wise would help too.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #1160 on: June 07, 2019, 07:52:10 PM »
How about a new LB ? Would recommend the one who plays for Marseille. He seems to be quite good.

;D ;D

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1161 on: June 07, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »
How about a new LB ? Would recommend the one who plays for Marseille. He seems to be quite good.

;D ;D

Looked disinterested and shit to me

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1162 on: June 07, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
We could do worse than Rondon for one if Newcastle are messing around.

Sorry, but that's a no from me. He hardly scores for a start.

12 league goals in just over 30 games for Newcastle last season. When you think premier league top scorers got 22 that's not bad at all in defensive minded team.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:54:26 PM by SoccerHQ »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1163 on: June 07, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »
11 league goals, one was the LC. He's an okay player but in 4 seasons in this country he's pretty much 1 in 4 in the league and would be a milk bottle purchase.

Offline bjfoster

« Reply #1164 on: June 07, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »

Think we're all still stung from Scott Hogan. Much prefer Tammy.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1165 on: June 07, 2019, 09:39:44 PM »
With all of the building we need to do I wonder if we will have the capacity for that. If we are able to address all of the essentials and can add one or two outstanding pieces then it would be ace.
That's my thinking. There'll need to be 9 players come in for the squad to be the same size as it was last month, which might well happen but I can't see many being over the £10m-£15m mark, purely because it'd cost way too much

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1166 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:52 PM »
Way to go is to get a development striker in (Maupay) and then international standard striker as your sure bet. Given we could be spending 15-20m on Maupay I'd say a season long loan for experience striker could be way to go despite what Purslow said the other day.

Many premier league clubs finishing in positions we want to do this.

I just worry if we sign Maupay and we immediately make him number one striker it could backfire a little like Gestede although he has more to his game than Rudy.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1167 on: June 07, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »
That's my thinking. There'll need to be 9 players come in for the squad to be the same size as it was last month, which might well happen but I can't see many being over the £10m-£15m mark, purely because it'd cost way too much

There's still a bit of fat that can be trimmed so I think there'll be plenty to spend on one or two of real quality.

We still have Hogan, Tshibola, Lansbury, Bjarnesson, Bree contracted who contribute very little to nothing.

We need the finance to be concentrated on players who contribute rather than subsidising players who are never going to play, and to stop stockpiling players in one area (goalkeepers/right backs) and balance the squad properly.

We've released 10 and are likely to lose 2 loan players, but of those 12 how much did Bunn, De Laet, McCormack, Gardner, Richards contribute. Even Elphick and Jedinak played very few times. Hutton has already been replaced by Guilbert. We've lost 1 goalie out of our 5, and we've lost 2 right backs net but gained a sub-Jack in Jota - a great example of what I mean by proper balance in the squad.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:57:03 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #1168 on: June 07, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »
I would expect Hogan, BB, Tshibola and Bree to all go this summer, either permanently or on loan. Keinan Davis too. I reckon we need at least one new keeper, 2 centre-backs, one left back, 2 central midfielders, one winger and two strikers so that’s 9 as a bare minimum.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1169 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:29 PM »
I would expect Hogan, BB, Tshibola and Bree to all go this summer, either permanently or on loan. Keinan Davis too. I reckon we need at least one new keeper, 2 centre-backs, one left back, 2 central midfielders, one winger and two strikers so that’s 9 as a bare minimum.

I don't disagree with that, but we need to continue with this wonderfully ruthless culling of dead weight as well.

We won't need Steer, Kalinic, Nyland, another keeper and Sarkic all in the squad for example. Two senior keepers and Sarkic as back-up (if they think he's good enough, if not another young keeper).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal