collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909726 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1125 on: June 07, 2019, 02:41:09 AM »
Signing a couple of centre forwards is essential now that Tammy looks to remain at Chelski and we don’t have any proven goal scorers on the books (given that neither Kodjia or Davis will be good enough in the Premier League). There is also a genuine argument and concerns that Tammy isn’t clinical or physical enough for the PL either so hopefully better options will have already been identified.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #1126 on: June 07, 2019, 04:27:53 AM »
We could do worse than Rondon for one if Newcastle are messing around.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1127 on: June 07, 2019, 07:12:43 AM »
We could do worse than Rondon for one if Newcastle are messing around.

Sorry, but that's a no from me. He hardly scores for a start.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1128 on: June 07, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »
He's a big lump. Never rated him, thought Albion got the better end of the Rondon/Gayle swap and I'm not that mad on him either.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #1129 on: June 07, 2019, 07:25:28 AM »
He's a big lump. Never rated him, thought Albion got the better end of the Rondon/Gayle swap and I'm not that mad on him either.

Me neither, I though that swop was the deal of the Summer and it would've worked for Sandwell if it hadn't been for those pesky neighbours.

Arf.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1130 on: June 07, 2019, 08:25:24 AM »
Tomori was linked to us in the Gruaniad earlier this week.
Dack certainly looked good earlier last season, not sure he carried it through; I thought BR had put a £20m price on his head, though.

Online jwarry

« Reply #1131 on: June 07, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Couple of clickbait sites suggesting we are interested in Uruguayan Maxi Gomez. Don’t know anything about him but seems to fit the profile better ie young and hungry and I see his Wiki has been tampered with😁

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1132 on: June 07, 2019, 09:32:38 AM »
His scoring record is excellent.  1 in 2.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #1133 on: June 07, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
Couple of clickbait sites suggesting we are interested in Uruguayan Maxi Gomez. Don’t know anything about him but seems to fit the profile better ie young and hungry and I see his Wiki has been tampered with😁
He would cost about £50m and would have far better teams than us after him. No chance.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1134 on: June 07, 2019, 09:43:43 AM »
Definitely sounds like a farewell from Tammy!

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #1135 on: June 07, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »
Tammy will be a big loss, IMO. I know people were quite critical of his goals-per-chance, and also his hold-up play, but at his age these are only going to improve. He also brought a lot more to to the team - his presence in our box for defensive set-pieces was fantastic, for example.

One of Smith's toughest jobs in this window will be to keep the unity and team-spirit that was such a factor in our promotion. Having already lost Hutton, Whelan & Jedinak, we're going to need some big characters in the dressing-room to fill that void. Tammy was a big part of that too.  It makes keeping Mings even more imperative.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:13:36 AM by RussellC »

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1136 on: June 07, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »
Tammy will be a big loss, IMO. I know people were quite critical of his goals-per-chance, and also his hold-up play, but at his age, these are only going to improve. He also brought a lot more to to the team - his presence in our box for defensive set-pieces was fantastic, for example.

one of Smith's toughest jobs in this window will be to keep the unity and team-spirit that was such a factor in our promotion. Having already lost Hutton, Whelan & Jedinak, we're going to need some big characters in the dressing-room to fill that void. Tammy was a big part of that too.  It makes keeping Mings even more imperative.

Agreed.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1137 on: June 07, 2019, 10:13:08 AM »
Tammy will be a big loss, IMO. I know people were quite critical of his goals-per-chance, and also his hold-up play, but at his age, these are only going to improve. He also brought a lot more to to the team - his presence in our box for defensive set-pieces was fantastic, for example.

one of Smith's toughest jobs in this window will be to keep the unity and team-spirit that was such a factor in our promotion. Having already lost Hutton, Whelan & Jedinak, we're going to need some big characters in the dressing-room to fill that void. Tammy was a big part of that too.  It makes keeping Mings even more imperative.

Not since SGT have I been as confident of a Villa head coach addressing this aspect in his transfer dealings.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1138 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »
I'm not so sure... We'd have needed to buy a striker anyway that addresses Tammy's short-comings - which were evident in the Championship, let alone at the next step up. The challenge will be getting the right player that will score 15+ goals in the Premier League. £30m-£40m probably.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #1139 on: June 07, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

Not since SGT have I been as confident of a Villa head coach addressing this aspect in his transfer dealings.

My worry in this regard is that 'Suso' also recognises the importance here.  We seem to be scouting all corners of the globe at the moment - which in itself isn't a bad thing - I just hope that we don't just blindly follow the 'money-ball' approach in attempt to source value for money, but actually appreciate that there are other important factors, aside from stats and transfer-fee. Otherwise we might as well have kept hold of Paddy Riley...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal