collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909838 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1050 on: June 06, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
I wont be happy until we sign Anwar El Ghazi
I don’t think we will....Jorge Mendes has bigger ideas

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1051 on: June 06, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »
I wont be happy until we sign Anwar El Ghazi
I don’t think we will....Jorge Mendes has bigger ideas

If there's a clause in the deal to sign him as reported by some outlets then he can't really stop it? He'd have to convince Anwar to reject a contract offer which I doubt El Ghazi would do, but what do I know.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1052 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
Early days I know but I'm a little uneasy that after the big talk about making a big impact we still appear to be shopping at Poundland yet again. Hopefully it's just speculation by uninformed journos. Time will tell
I have no problem if Smith is buying known quantities at 'Poundland'. Jota and Hause are known quantity.
I'm sure he and Jesus also appreciate the need to buy players that will add some spice and flair to the solid, reliable squad players.
We're 10 days in ....

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1053 on: June 06, 2019, 08:40:44 AM »
Early days I know but I'm a little uneasy that after the big talk about making a big impact we still appear to be shopping at Poundland yet again. Hopefully it's just speculation by uninformed journos. Time will tell
I have no problem if Smith is buying known quantities at 'Poundland'. Jota and Hause are known quantity.
I'm sure he and Jesus also appreciate the need to buy players that will add some spice and flair to the solid, reliable squad players.
We're 10 days in ....

Agreed.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1054 on: June 06, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
yes, I can't tell you how irritated I am that we're yet to sign Messi in the first week of June. Really poor form.

Online avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #1055 on: June 06, 2019, 09:15:13 AM »
yes, I can't tell you how irritated I am that we're yet to sign Messi in the first week of June. Really poor form.

We switched our target from Messi...it's now some Portuguese fella that scored a hat-trick last night...he's meant to be half decent.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #1056 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:14 AM »
I think that it's worth remembering that many players will still be sunning themselves on a beach somewhere. There's plenty of time for signings and June is always a quiet month. I imagine that things will pick up once teams are back in for pre-season.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1057 on: June 06, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »

We switched our target from Messi...it's now some Portuguese fella that scored a hat-trick last night...he's meant to be half decent.

too old

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #1058 on: June 06, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »

too old

More Premier League experience than Messi though. ;)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1059 on: June 06, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »

too old

More Premier League experience than Messi though. ;)

oh go on then

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1060 on: June 06, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »
For the time being this is the level I expect anyway. As long as the right areas are covered with players of thd right attitude that Smith knows he can get a tune out of, we'll be fine. Smith will be looking to build a 'team' at this point and I think anyone expecting the equivalent of Robinho, Silva, Toure etc at this point will be disappointed.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1061 on: June 06, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »
Jeez the season only finished 2 weeks ago for us. 4 weeks for Sheffield and Norwich and unless I’ve missed something I think they’ve only signed one player (Patrick Roberts) between them haven’t  they?

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #1062 on: June 06, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
All valid points chaps. I'm sure it will be fine it's just I shudder at some of the names mentioned which is probably just journos speculating because they have no idea, like the rest of us, what is really going on.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1063 on: June 06, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »
All valid points chaps. I'm sure it will be fine it's just I shudder at some of the names mentioned which is probably just journos speculating because they have no idea, like the rest of us, what is really going on.

Breathe in the excitement mate. We will always get linked with the great and the shite as journo's have inches to fill.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1064 on: June 06, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »
Calm , it is just over a week , Fulham spent 90 mil and it did them no good at all
That doesn't really mean anything though.  You could spend £90M and have a great season.  Equally you could spend buttons and get relegated.  Just depends who you buy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal