collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 910013 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1005 on: June 05, 2019, 01:17:54 PM »
Signings will be slow for a couple of weeks.

I've just been told Suso Pitarch has rented Bob Warman's static caravan in Oswestry for a fortnight.

Does it have a Saniflow 33?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1006 on: June 05, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »
Must be a slow news day!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1007 on: June 05, 2019, 01:23:07 PM »
So, is this Jota any good then?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1008 on: June 05, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »
Sky reported at about 11 the Jota siging is imminent. So expect him to sign for getafe within the hour

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11735282/aston-villa-to-sign-jota-from-birmingham-with-gary-gardner-to-join-blues

Aston Villa are set to sign Jota from Birmingham, with Gary Gardner heading to St Andrew's, Sky Sports News understands.

Jota played for Dean Smith at Brentford before moving to Birmingham in a club-record £6m deal in the summer of 2017. The Spaniard scored eight goals in 75 appearances for the Blues.

The 27-year-old could act as a replacement for Albert Adomah, who was released by Villa after his contract expired at the end of this season, along with the experienced Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton and Glenn Whelan.

Gardner will move in the opposite direction on a permanent deal after spending last season on loan at Birmingham, where he scored two goals in 42 appearances for the club.

The 26-year-old midfielder will follow the footsteps of his older brother Craig who made the same move nine years ago.

Blimey, is it 9 years since Gardner Sr. left Villa

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #1009 on: June 05, 2019, 01:26:22 PM »

Reasonable, objective assessment of the job required.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1010 on: June 05, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »
No sign of 32Red or Unibet on the official site anymore.

New shirt sponsor incoming?

Hopefully it'll take the form of some way for the owners to pour money into the club.

Lafarge Cement. The sponsor we’ve always wanted....

One of Sawiris' interests (it might be OCI?) has a fifty percent stake in  the BESIX construction group.  I always thought that would be a great sponsor for Villa, given the postcode.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #1011 on: June 05, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

Reasonable, objective assessment of the job required.

Agreed, really enjoyed this. It's good to hear an neutral, educated POV on our situation and they bring up a lot of fair concerns (i.e, the defence).

It's available on Spotify for anyone looking for something to listen to on the commute.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #1012 on: June 05, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
I see that Christian Eriksen want to leave Spuds to try his chances at a bigger club.  I'm thinking Andre Green plus £3m should do it for Levy

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #1013 on: June 05, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
20 year old son bumped into the England players at St George's last night. Got a nice selfie with Tammy, told him we were at Wembley and begged him to stay at Villa. Only reaction was a big Tammy smile. Not sure anything can be read into that! Son thought he was a great bloke, as were Loftus-Cheek and Mason Mount as it happens!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1014 on: June 05, 2019, 03:44:30 PM »
No sign of 32Red or Unibet on the official site anymore.

New shirt sponsor incoming?

Hopefully it'll take the form of some way for the owners to pour money into the club.

Lafarge Cement. The sponsor we’ve always wanted....

Sofa King

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1015 on: June 05, 2019, 03:48:40 PM »
The talk is it's Donkey Gardner and less than £2m for Jota. I'll take that as it's the rags getting it from us for a 3rd time now.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #1016 on: June 05, 2019, 03:58:06 PM »
He was good at Brentford and he ran rings around us once or twice. However it was for a team where expectations are necessarily lower and he played in fits and starts at Blues.
They may not have played to his strengths but equally you need to play to your own strengths so maybe Smith can get more out of him.
It seems like an ok deal without much outlay for us.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1017 on: June 05, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »
He was good at Brentford and he ran rings around us once or twice. However it was for a team where expectations are necessarily lower and he played in fits and starts at Blues.
They may not have played to his strengths but equally you need to play to your own strengths so maybe Smith can get more out of him.
It seems like an ok deal without much outlay for us.

I agree. I'd rather have Jota as an option than a largely ineffective and somewhat agricultural GG (plus 2m)

Nobody thinks this signing is one to fill any of the crucial squad gaps we have but we've swapped a non contributing squad member for one with a bit of flair.

Fine by me.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1018 on: June 05, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
Surprised we haven’t gone back for Fer as he’s on a free. Not a massive fan of him but he could bolster the he squad a little and Smith obviously likes him.

Chalobah and Fer to replace Jedinak and Whelan seems like an obvious move

Fer will be thirty in a couple of months. He is also a 'Fer-king jinx' having been relegated from the Premier League with Norwich, QPR and Swansea.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1019 on: June 05, 2019, 04:33:08 PM »
Signings will be slow for a couple of weeks.

I've just been told Suso Pitarch has rented Bob Warman's static caravan in Oswestry for a fortnight.

Does it have a Saniflow 33?

I might get myself a replica shirt and have Saniflow 33 printed on the back for a laugh. It would make people think we had signed someone without them knowing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal