collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:10:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 11:04:59 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 11:04:13 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:01:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pat McMahon
[Today at 10:55:51 PM]

Re: GUESS THE GOAL R25: Europa Conf.🏆 Lille v VILLA Thursday 18th April! 🥅 by Villa Lew
[Today at 10:50:09 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Beard82
[Today at 10:49:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 915278 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #435 on: May 29, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
don’t know how much truth in the rumour that Delph will leave Man City this window but
Grealish- Delph - McGinn is a proper premiere league midfield

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #436 on: May 29, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »
It's a double edged sword. We've made Tuanzebe better and benefited from him, but we don't reap the benefits.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't sign Tammy permanently. If we're going to stay up, then we need a centre forward who can score 20 goals in this league and who has pace. That's going to cost £30m and that player isn't Tammy.

Totally agree on Tammy.

I know it sounds a bit cut throat and ruthless but they're going to want 25m and he's not a proven top level player. I don't even think he'd do well in the top flight.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »
don’t know how much truth in the rumour that Delph will leave Man City this window but

I don't think Smith will go anywhere near Delph, at any price, and not just because of his history. I think he'll be looking for players who's careers are on an upward trajectory. That he can coach and improve. Delph has West Ham written all over him. Massive wages, half-arsed, injury-prone. Bit of a twat. Etc, etc.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2019, 02:02:21 PM »

I'd agree with you and personally I'd take him back in a heartbeat, although it makes us left foot heavy in midfield.

I put in the squad build thread....we need a signing similar to Wolves Moutinho one last summer, dunno who, but that sort of signing it crucial IMO.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2019, 02:17:25 PM »
It's a double edged sword. We've made Tuanzebe better and benefited from him, but we don't reap the benefits.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't sign Tammy permanently. If we're going to stay up, then we need a centre forward who can score 20 goals in this league and who has pace. That's going to cost £30m and that player isn't Tammy.

Totally agree on Tammy.

I know it sounds a bit cut throat and ruthless but they're going to want 25m and he's not a proven top level player. I don't even think he'd do well in the top flight.

That's my feeling. He might do ok and produce, but I think £25 million spent abroad might get us more of a surer thing.

I don't think Chelsea would sell anyway given their situation.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #440 on: May 29, 2019, 02:18:21 PM »

Yeah would be a very good signing, and would also cover left back (been playing there for Manchester City).

Offline Ads

« Reply #441 on: May 29, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »
I'd sign him and then put him in a rocket and fire him into the sun. The massive fucking snake.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #442 on: May 29, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »
I only really noticed after Tammy got his shoulder injury and he was having difficulty getting back into his former groove how arms and legs he is. He seemed to really have trouble getting the ball out of his feet against the Albion and on Monday. It's not a reason not to sign him, admittedly, but I don't think he's balanced enough to have that Premier League ruthlessness. Ideally, you want a striker that's a combination of him and Kodjia to lead the line - strong and quick and capable of finishing quickly.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #443 on: May 29, 2019, 02:40:18 PM »

I'd agree with you and personally I'd take him back in a heartbeat, although it makes us left foot heavy in midfield.

I put in the squad build thread....we need a signing similar to Wolves Moutinho one last summer, dunno who, but that sort of signing it crucial IMO.

Aaron Mooy maybe? Too good for championship anyway

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #444 on: May 29, 2019, 02:41:54 PM »
Tammy Abraham is 21. He has bags of potential and while he might not fill out to be Lukaku (who I actually believe has put on too much muscle and slowed him down) he is going to add weight and become stronger. He also needs to heal as he’s been carrying and injury since Sheff Wed which affected his mobility.

If the price is right I’d have him. And as importantly if not more so his attitude is absolutely spot on.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2019, 02:47:38 PM »
I'd keep Tammy if we can. He's settled here and knows what's expected of him.  He can and will get better.  Delph can go and shed his skin elsewhere. He's far to injury prone anyway. I'd prefer a younger more mobile Jedinak, don't know who though.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2019, 02:48:29 PM »
I think Tammy's also developed his overall game over the past few seasons too. His back-to-goal play has improved immensely since I first saw him at Bristol City, and he has loads of potential to improve even further. I'd be happy to see us pay £25m for him.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #447 on: May 29, 2019, 02:55:04 PM »
Tammy Abraham is 21. He has bags of potential and while he might not fill out to be Lukaku (who I actually believe has put on too much muscle and slowed him down) he is going to add weight and become stronger. He also needs to heal as he’s been carrying and injury since Sheff Wed which affected his mobility.

If the price is right I’d have him. And as importantly if not more so his attitude is absolutely spot on.

I completely agree, TV.

Offline Ads

« Reply #448 on: May 29, 2019, 02:55:52 PM »
Would Muapay be better suited though with his pace and playing off the shoulder?

Aguero, Vardy et al, all have that killer pace and I just think that type of forward is what is most likely to cause problems.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #449 on: May 29, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
Delph? We have a team managed by a Villa fan and captained by a Villa fan who seem to have developed a genuine affinity with the fan base over the last 8 months.

The last thing we need to do is sign somebody who showed the club and its fan base such a complete lack of respect as this snake did last time he was here. I don't care how well he may fit into our midfield, he can sod off and sign for Wolves or some other no mark club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal