collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 910213 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2019, 11:02:19 PM »
I’d like to see us get Dwight Gayle, think he’d score a hat full and it’d piss of the Tesco bags.

I'd rather get relegated than see that fucking orc in claret and blue.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2019, 11:57:17 PM »
Lolley would be a massive yes from me.
I would hope we are in for him before he is snapped up by a prem......sorry, another premier league club.

We need a striker, as a priority.
As great as Tammy has been, it’s at this level. Frankly, he’s not good enough to be our main striker next season. That looks harsher than it’s meant to be.
I’d love to keep him but there has to be another reliable striker in the squad.

Think we are going to have to make some harsh and ruthless decisions next season, as that is the nature of elite sport.  I agree about Tammy, wouldn’t mind him as a bench option next season, but I do think we need a better option as our main striker.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #392 on: May 29, 2019, 12:05:10 AM »
Jean-Michel Seri at Fulham is one I'd be looking at.

Reckon he's got this summer's Idrissa Gueye written all over him.

I remember Xavi saying he had Barca DNA. Does seem to have suffered from Fulham's demise as much as Gana did here.

If we're talking ambitious I'd love us to make a move for Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio. Was massively rated a year back but had mediocre WC for Serbia and been in and out for Lazio this season.

They tend to play him as an AM but he's also got the build to play much deeper, little bit like Fellani when Everton first signed him.

Seems Juventus are still being linked but if we're talking ambition from the owners I'd like to see us bidding:

https://www.football-italia.net/138626/lotito-juve-wont-ask-milinkovic

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #393 on: May 29, 2019, 12:09:48 AM »
Yep, I'd prefer Butland to the current batch of keepers

Would cost too much, Stoke want 20m +. Think Palace and Bournemouth want him. BTW SHA have big sell on clause and they were hoping he'd get sold last season so they would've avoided -9 that way.

If we want another keeper then can see us going for Neil Etheridge. Cutler basically picked him off the street to sign for Walsall and he was excellent there and been very good at Cardiff aswell. Good sign when a keeper is looking good stepping up every division.

I'd imagine he'd be available for 6-7m. I remember Fabianski had that as a release clause when Swansea went down and he's been a brilliant signing for West Ham.

Next to no chance Nyland will be here in August and I can see Kalinic being loaned out.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #394 on: May 29, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »
Ruben Alcaraz from Valladolid being linked.  Central midfielder. Sky sources (yes, I know!!) say that Villa want to keep Tammy, Mings and Tuanzebe but the other two loaned players not mentioned, yet.   

El Ghazi will be the easiest loan to sign I reckon. I thought it was already know OGS is going to put Axel in Man. United squad for next season so would be surprised if he came back.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #395 on: May 29, 2019, 05:52:42 AM »
From his interview with Dean Smith on the OS it doesn’t sound like we will be pursuing Tammy or Axel. Words to the effect of we’ve improved them and they’ll be worth a lot more. Off course all that could change but it seems we will look to lock up Mings, El Ghazi and Hause. I also liked that he was very adamant that the days of loans appears to be over.

Overall I love how he is bigging up the club. We are Aston Villa

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #396 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:50 AM »
There might be a chance of another loan for axel if man u want to see him tested in the prem before taking a chance.

I'm really hoping we can get el ghazi and mings. I think we can

That would leave us needing:

LB (this guy from Luton? Obviously not experienced tho)
DM (reckon Hayden or Phillips quite likely)
Midfield cover
Two new wingers (Kent, Lolley, Bowen, amongst the options)
One or maybe two new strikers (Maupay an obvious shout but also suspect there are some foreign based options)

Plus a bit of a weird situation in goal. I assume we won't have given up on Kalinic yet. It can often take a keeper a bit of time to settle in English football. But then I really don't feel confident w any of our options

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #397 on: May 29, 2019, 06:37:44 AM »
There might be a chance of another loan for axel if man u want to see him tested in the prem before taking a chance.

I'm really hoping we can get el ghazi and mings. I think we can

That would leave us needing:

LB (this guy from Luton? Obviously not experienced tho)
DM (reckon Hayden or Phillips quite likely)
Midfield cover
Two new wingers (Kent, Lolley, Bowen, amongst the options)
One or maybe two new strikers (Maupay an obvious shout but also suspect there are some foreign based options)

Plus a bit of a weird situation in goal. I assume we won't have given up on Kalinic yet. It can often take a keeper a bit of time to settle in English football. But then I really don't feel confident w any of our options

Listening to CP yesterday, he made the point that the days are gone when we need to loan players thus improving them for their parent clubs (and as mentioned, increasing their value in the process)

I'm pretty sure that we'll be looking towards building a team with our own players. 

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #398 on: May 29, 2019, 06:42:14 AM »
Lolley would be a massive yes from me.
I would hope we are in for him before he is snapped up by a prem......sorry, another premier league club.

We need a striker, as a priority.
As great as Tammy has been, it’s at this level. Frankly, he’s not good enough to be our main striker next season. That looks harsher than it’s meant to be.
I’d love to keep him but there has to be another reliable striker in the squad.

Alexander Mitrovic may be available after Fulham's relegation but I think he cost them £30m+ so maybe we could get someone better (and cheaper) from a foreign league.

Maupay could be incoming.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #399 on: May 29, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »
Jarrod Bowen from Hull is a very good player - I thin Spurs have looked at him? Also, Bradley Dack from Blackburn is really good. Great having these possibilities now!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:46:29 AM by Villafirst »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »
Given the choice, I'd take Hause before Tuanzebe. Better in the air, not as quick across the ground mind, but, as a former centre back myself, I see more in Kortney Hause than I do in Axel. Subjective I know but great debate and thanks to Deano, we can have that debate.  (Mings above both though).

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #401 on: May 29, 2019, 07:48:49 AM »
Given the choice, I'd take Hause before Tuanzebe. Better in the air, not as quick across the ground mind, but, as a former centre back myself, I see more in Kortney Hause than I do in Axel. Subjective I know but great debate and thanks to Deano, we can have that debate.  (Mings above both though).

Trouble is, Hause and Mings are both left footed. Tuanzebe is a right footed CB. That gives a better balance. Hause will definitely be signed I feel. I'm sure Deano will try his best to sign Axel.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #402 on: May 29, 2019, 07:49:34 AM »
Dean said we have options on 2 of them, which I am assuming is Hause and Ming’s.
United won’t sell us Tunzabe so he won’t be here.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #403 on: May 29, 2019, 07:52:17 AM »
I think we've got options on El Ghazi and Hause

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2019, 07:54:21 AM »
Dean said we have options on 2 of them, which I am assuming is Hause and Ming’s.
United won’t sell us Tunzabe so he won’t be here.

I think he said three, CL, which I'm presuming would be Mings, Hause and El-Ghazi.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal