collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:52:50 AM]

Season Tickets by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:43:49 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[June 03, 2024, 10:41:45 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[June 03, 2024, 09:27:43 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:52:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by sid1964
[Today at 05:47:34 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:43:49 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:59:01 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:53:28 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Re: Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 926860 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #5115 on: August 02, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
i hope we're not relying on Kodjia to much next season if i'm honest

Offline john e

« Reply #5116 on: August 02, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
apart from Jack have we had many other players who have benefited from going out on loan to develop and improve and coming back to form part of the first team ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 03:04:14 PM by john e »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5117 on: August 02, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
apart from Jack have we had many other players who have benefited from going out on loan to develop and improve and coming back to form part of the first team ?

Off the top of my head I don't think our record is great in regards that.

Online Kimaster1976

« Reply #5118 on: August 02, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
Kodjia as 3rd choice and Davis out on loan playing a full season definetely for me.

Kodjia is different and unpredictable exactly what defenders hate, and if he's fit and motivated a real handful. If there was ever a time he is going to be motivated and give it his all its surely this season coming up.

Offline john e

« Reply #5119 on: August 02, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
Kodjia as 3rd choice and Davis out on loan playing a full season definetely for me.

Kodjia is different and unpredictable exactly what defenders hate, and if he's fit and motivated a real handful. If there was ever a time he is going to be motivated and give it his all its surely this season coming up.

not for me

he was hardly cutting it in the championship very frustrating to watch and certainly probably the least like a team player iv'e ever seen,
he needs to go

Davis has a good chance of developing into a decent Prem player is younger and will offer far more than Kodjia next season if he doesn't go out anywhere on loan

reminds me of the Grealish debate a not so long ago, people just couldn't see what he did what he offered and would have got rid with the first decent bid,
just go back and read the Grealish thread its all there

i think Davis will be the same, not as good or as big an influencer as Jack but one that in seasons to come we will be very glad we kept

obviously its all about opinions of players on here, but mine is Davis > kodjia

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #5120 on: August 02, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »
Keep Chester 100% and 75% keep Lansbury as well.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #5121 on: August 02, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »

not for me

he was hardly cutting it in the championship very frustrating to watch and certainly probably the least like a team player iv'e ever seen,
he needs to go

Davis has a good chance of developing into a decent Prem player is younger and will offer far more than Kodjia next season if he doesn't go out anywhere on loan

reminds me of the Grealish debate a not so long ago, people just couldn't see what he did what he offered and would have got rid with the first decent bid,

i think Davis will be the same, not as good or as big an influencer as Jack but one that in seasons to come we will be very glad we kept

I think most would agree with you John.  However, the question/point is that at this moment in time, what is best in order to enhance Davis's game?  He won't develop much sitting around as 3rd choice next season and would likely not make the bench for the majority of games.  If he were to go out on loan for a season and play regularly, we'd have a much better and more experienced player on our hands in 12 months time

Offline john e

« Reply #5122 on: August 02, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »

not for me

he needs to go

I think most would agree with you John.  However, the question/point is that at this moment in time, what is best in order to enhance Davis's game?  He won't develop much sitting around as 3rd choice next season and would likely not make the bench for the majority of games.  If he were to go out on loan for a season and play regularly, we'd have a much better and more experienced player on our hands in 12 months time

because i think we send players out on loan who we don't really think are good enough
its just an excuse to see the back of them for a bit

apart from Jack who was a teenager when he went to Notts County it just doesn't work, cant think of any others where we have seen success by bringing them back from loan
its just a lazy way of saying we don't rate you you can see your contract out somewhere else ie Green, i don't think he will ever come back and trouble the first team now, and that's fair enough because i don't think he's going to make it

but Davis is 21 i think he could be a direct replacement for Wesley at certain times and in certain games and is good enough imo

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5123 on: August 02, 2019, 04:36:31 PM »
Gary Cahill was an example of a player who went out on loan and did well.

Offline john e

« Reply #5124 on: August 02, 2019, 04:39:07 PM »
Gary Cahill was an example of a player who went out on loan and did well.

not with us so much though let that be an example

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5125 on: August 02, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »
O'Neill preferred to use Knight and Davies.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #5126 on: August 02, 2019, 04:59:36 PM »
If Davis is good enough, he'll benefit from a loan.  If (as speculated), we sign another striker, there is no way on this earth that Davis would be considered as number 2.

Davis hasn't played many 1st team games.  It would be a massive step up to ask him to be understudy in the PL.  Let's have a look at him playing somewhere for 12 months and review it then.  It hasn't done Abraham any harm has it?

Offline villadelph

• | UTV | 215 |
  • GM : 20.05.2025
« Reply #5127 on: August 02, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »

not for me

he needs to go

I really don't understand how anyone can doubt Kodjia. I don't think we have a player in the squad with more self-confidence then Jimmy Danger. He is someone who never doubts himself; goes out there and ALWAYS spins defenders around, always looks to go forward and can score with his head and both feet. I don't know if he'll be the focal point for our upcoming campaign but in the Premier League we need a striker that going to be hard to shirk off the ball, we need a forward with some "swagger" and he's exactly that.

I think he'll be exactly what we need when there is 25 minutes left and we need a goal. Go watch his form into 2017. He was the first striker we had in a while that could actually trap a ball, have a defender on his hip and still get to goal.

I like KD, but I'm not convinced yet. He's still too raw for me. I really hope he can grow into his role and become a beast in a year or two, I'll be patient I promise.

Offline john e

« Reply #5128 on: August 02, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »
If Davis is good enough, he'll benefit from a loan.  If (as speculated), we sign another striker, there is no way on this earth that Davis would be considered as number 2.

Davis hasn't played many 1st team games.  It would be a massive step up to ask him to be understudy in the PL.  Let's have a look at him playing somewhere for 12 months and review it then.  It hasn't done Abraham any harm has it?

you might be right

i am and have been for while a bit of a flag waver for Davis, i admit i think he's better a better player than most others on here
but i suppose we have to trust in Smiths judgement in the end

Offline john e

« Reply #5129 on: August 02, 2019, 05:13:04 PM »

not for me

he needs to go

I really don't understand how anyone can doubt Kodjia. I don't think we have a player in the squad with more self-confidence then Jimmy Danger. He is someone who never doubts himself; goes out there and ALWAYS spins defenders around, always looks to go forward and can score with his head and both feet. I don't know if he'll be the focal point for our upcoming campaign but in the Premier League we need a striker that going to be hard to shirk off the ball, we need a forward with some "swagger" and he's exactly that.

I think he'll be exactly what we need when there is 25 minutes left and we need a goal. Go watch his form into 2017. He was the first striker we had in a while that could actually trap a ball, have a defender on his hip and still get to goal.

I like KD, but I'm not convinced yet. He's still too raw for me. I really hope he can grow into his role and become a beast in a year or two, I'll be patient I promise.

he's coming up 30 year old in Oct
so if hes still a bit raw he'd better get fast tracking

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal