collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 910015 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2019, 08:54:27 AM »
Yes, sell bluenose Gardner in a swap deal for Che Adams, probably need £5M cash as well - that would really piss the noses off!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
can i just say

really looking forward to this thread again in the coming weeks

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2019, 09:00:02 AM »
Yes, sell bluenose Gardner in a swap deal for Che Adams, probably need £5M cash as well - that would really piss the noses off!

£5m + Gardner for Adams would be hilarious.  Che Adams lives in Redditch which is apropos of nothing.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2019, 09:01:12 AM »
Will we break our transfer record this summer?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2019, 09:01:44 AM »
Yes John, in theory it could be the best for over 10 years (apart from the misguided excitement most of us had in 2015)!

Mings permanently would set the ball rolling nicely.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2019, 09:08:44 AM »

A few times I’d guess.

Seems bad form to say this but I think we only have two players who are undoubtedly PL quality, Jack and McGinn.

There is a massive job to do but I’m confident we have the people in place to do it.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #306 on: May 28, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »
I think Mings will be done quite quickly - reckon the deal could even already be in place, there's no way he doesn't want to be here.  El Ghazi and Hause we will exercise our right to buy, which is good.  I'd buy Tammy if we can, he's only going to get better and I'd try and get Marriott from Derby, I think he's a real talent. 

And then I'm sure we can gazump Real for Hazard!!!!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #307 on: May 28, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham would be great - I feel he'd be a bit too expensive!

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »
What’s great is the spine is PL quality (Mings, possibly axel, jack, JM, Tammy) so we can build around them and keep some continuity.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2019, 09:21:07 AM »
What’s great is the spine is PL quality (Mings, possibly axel, jack, JM, Tammy) so we can build around them and keep some continuity.

But three of them aren’t ours.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2019, 09:26:57 AM »
Buy Mings and one of the other two centre backs and most of the spine is there, but at the other end I also harbour doubts about whether Tammy can do it consistently enough at PL level. To survive comfortably we need a minimum 15 goal striker.

I also think there's discussions to be had about the goalkeeper.

Still, much rather be having this debate than who we'd be bringing in for a fourth Championship campaign with the parachute payments exhausted!

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:51 AM »

But three of them aren’t ours.

I suspect that only Mings will be at Villa next season. Manure need a new defence so are bound to want to look at Axel, Chelsea have a transfer ban to consider so will want a look at Tammy. Tammy isn't a top 6 PL striker, but would do a job for us  for the time being.

The transfer window closes on 8th August so I'd assume that a loan window will be open beyond that date. I can see Axel starting the season at Old Trafford and joining us if they get in sufficient defensive cover. He could then join us permanently or if it's after the window closes another loan with a permanent signing in January 2020.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2019, 09:36:51 AM »
Still, my point is I’d like us to go for permanent deals on those before looking for alternatives, to keep the team ethos. We’ve got a great dressing room which as we’ve seen is a huge asset.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2019, 09:47:28 AM »

A few times I’d guess.

Seems bad form to say this but I think we only have two players who are undoubtedly PL quality, Jack and McGinn.

There is a massive job to do but I’m confident we have the people in place to do it.

It won’t be mass overhaul in one window.  In addition to jack & sgm, El Ghazi will likely get a chance, as will the French right back.  Assuming we are able to sign Mings, the positions we need to look at are LB, central defence, central midfield & striker RW.  Out of that, I haven’t written Tammy off signing yet.  I think Axel will go though.  I’m also very uncomfortable with the goalkeepers despite Steers performance in the second half of the season.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2019, 09:54:22 AM »
We still need to be relatively sensible - look at what happened to Fulham when splashing the cash. First and foremost we need to keep as much of the squad together as possible. I'm hopeful of keeping Mings, but think Tammy will be a struggle (at least until January) due to Chelsea's transfer embargo, and Solskjaer's already spoken about wanting to get Tuanzebe back there, for pre-season at least. With Chester's injury still a concern, we definitely need a proven Premiership centre-back. Gary Cahill on a free for a year or 2?

We also need a striker, even if we do keep hold of Tammy. I'd go for Oli McBurnie at Swansea, allegedly available for around £12m. Looks to be a natural goalscorer, and pretty decent with his back to goal 2. I could see him having more success in the Prem than someone like Maupay.

Talking of Championship targets, I'd also be going all-out for Jarrod Bowen at Hull. He's definite prem quality and would fit into our system perfectly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal