collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:17:15 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:17:15 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 02:14:26 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:12:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 02:09:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 02:06:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57246 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »
I hate it. In my head, di Canio collected that ball and rolled it into an empty net. It's gone too far now. You want it put out, win it back and do it yourself.

That said, given the current state of "understanding", I'd say we were right to put it out, as their bloke was down in a place where he was in the way of and affecting the passage of play, and (grabs helmet) Leeds didn't need to, as Kodjia was 40 yards away and making little to no difference to play at that moment.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »
As has probably been said, it isn't that they played on, which while not being sporting they were fully entitled to do. It's that they faked slowing down and putting it out and then played on. There isn't a club in the world that wouldn't have been livid after the opposition pulled a stunt like that.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »
As has probably been said, it isn't that they played on, which while not being sporting they were fully entitled to do. It's that they faked slowing down and putting it out and then played on. There isn't a club in the world that wouldn't have been livid after the opposition pulled a stunt like that.

Ex fucking actly

It's the deception of looking like you are going to kick the ball out and then carrying on again that's the problem not them playing on.

That was a mistake and Leeds knew it hence letting us walk the goal in. That's fine. Done and dealt with as far as I'm concerned.

Bamford on the other hand I'm still livid about what an absolute cock womble, should be banned for 6 games. There is no defence for it.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #363 on: April 29, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »
Torygraph

Patrick Bamford facing two-match suspension as Leeds await FA verdict which could rule striker out of play-off first leg

John Percy

29 April 2019 • 5:44pm

Patrick Bamford is facing a two-match ban for simulation, which could rule the Leeds striker out of the first leg of the play-offs.

Bamford will discover in the next 48 hours whether he will be charged by the Football Association with ‘successful deception of a match official’, following the stormy Championship clash with Aston Villa on Sunday.

The £7m signing appeared to fall theatrically after a confrontation with Villa winger Anwar El Ghazi, with television replays showing there was no contact.

El Ghazi was sent off by referee Stuart Attwell and Villa officials have appealed against the decision, sending video evidence to the FA on Monday.

Bamford is now facing an anxious wait as the FA review Attwell’s report, with a two-match ban the likely punishment if found guilty. That suspension would rule Bamford out of the final game of the season away at Ipswich and the first leg of the play-offs.

The FA can take retrospective disciplinary action in situations when a referee has been deceived, and as a direct result, the opponents have suffered the dismissal of a player.

The incident will then go before an independent three-man panel to decide whether a charge is brought.

Earlier this season, West Brom striker Dwight Gayle was suspended for two games after accepting a charge of diving for a penalty against Nottingham Forest.

Bamford’s clash with El Ghazi happened shortly after Leeds controversially took the lead, when Mateusz Klich scored instead of playing the ball out when Jonathan Kodjia was down injured.

A further incident being examined could be an alleged punch by Villa midfielder Conor Hourihane on Klich after the goal.

Hourihane was booked by  Attwell, though it was unclear whether that particular incident had been spotted by the officials.

Marcelo Bielsa, the Leeds manager, then instructed his players to allow Villa to score at the other end.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #364 on: April 29, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
I think Conor will get banned.

well Danny kunt Murphy is trying his best to get him banned

Offline KRS

« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
If our players hadn't been pressured by Leeds players to put the ball out for their player being down then this whole scenario most likely wouldn't have happened in the first place...when Kodjia went down, our players simply expected the same courtesy as a gesture of reciprocated sportsmanship.

I would expect the FA to make a statement at the same time as any retrospective charges with regards to reminding teams about the rules of playing to the referees whistle when a player is down injured. The FA need to make these rules clear and remove any grey areas, and enforce that the responsibility is in the hands of the officials.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »
Bamford is shit . Him getting banned will probably help them.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
For anyone who thinks there's no contact on Kodjia all i can say is that you're looking at the wrong foot. The defender does get there first but his trailing leg makes clear contact with JK on the calf/back of the knee and seems to knock him off his stride so he lands funny as well. For me it says everything that their nearest player goes over to see if he's ok as they're playing on, that shows it was him faking anything.

Offline KRS

« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2019, 06:08:00 PM »
Isn't Roofe supposed to be even worse and is currently injured? They could struggle against Derby if Bamford is suspended, and Roofe returning from injury.

Offline KRS

« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
For anyone who thinks there's no contact on Kodjia all i can say is that you're looking at the wrong foot. The defender does get there first but his trailing leg makes clear contact with JK on the calf/back of the knee and seems to knock him off his stride so he lands funny as well. For me it says everything that their nearest player goes over to see if he's ok as they're playing on, that shows it was him faking anything.
Agree. It was a blatant penalty from the other camera angle...their player literally wiped him out and just about touched the ball on the follow through.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:07 PM »
Agree. It was a blatant penalty from the other camera angle...their player literally wiped him out and just about touched the ball on the follow through.

I'm not on about the penalty, incident, if anything thinks that was anything other than stonewall then they're either visually impaired or biased.

Offline KRS

« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2019, 06:26:48 PM »
Oh ok..and I agree again. I.haven’t seen that challenge from a different angle but can’t imagine Kodjia staying down for so long and going off injured if there wasn’t any contact.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »

And there you have it.  As I have stated before, there are seventeen laws of Association Football all written down for us.  There is also an unwritten eighteenth law and that is: 'Not playing within the spirit of the laws' and that is exactly what happened yesterday.  Seeking to gain an unfair advantage whilst not playing within the spirit of the laws is what I would have written on the report form to the FA after giving him a yellow card for Ungentlemanly Conduct.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2019, 06:40:18 PM »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
I thought a rule was bought in some years ago that the Ref was the only one who could stop the game in the event of an injury?
Either way I was pretty miffed when Conor put it out 'cos we were in an attacking position and they wellied it back to Steer. It was the act of feigning to put the ball out that lead to all this shit, nothing else and all these know it all's parroting "play to the whistle" would all have stopped as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal