collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57286 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2019, 03:41:36 PM »
I still remember last season’s corresponding fixture when one of our players challenged Jannson around chest height and he started holding his face, feigning contact.

He sees himself as a tough Scandinavian hard man. In reality he’s a snidey shithouse.

Overrated player too.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #346 on: April 29, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Can anyone clear up for me the issue of whether Klich was offside or not.  I've seen a number of positive assertions that he was but have to admit in all the views I've seen he looks to be played on by I think Mings.  If he was then I guess that means the linesman was also fooled by Roberts apparent intention to put the ball out

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #347 on: April 29, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
I think El Ghazi will have his red overturned, Hourihane will get a 2 game ban and Bamford will get a 2 game ban.

Both got booked so perhaps  nothing further will happen

Offline KRS

« Reply #348 on: April 29, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »
Posted a pic on here yesterday and it looks like Klich was played onside by Mings.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #349 on: April 29, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
Just take a good look at the replay of the "foul" on Kodjia.
I have watched it maybe 6 times and saw no contact.
My thoughts are Kodjia was withdrawn to defuse the situation, Jedinak was put on the make a nuisance of himself up front and to help out defensively as we were going to be under pressure by having 10 men. 
Words fail me here and in any case I don't want to get banned.

Just say it.
I'm big enough to take it if you're big enough to take a bollocking by saying it

I get that you believe that Kodja wasn't injured but I don't understand.- other than that - what is the point you are trying to make?  Are you saying he went down because he sensed that Leeds were going to break from their own half with such purpose we're sure to score so he took one for the team? Serious question.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #350 on: April 29, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
Posted a pic on here yesterday and it looks like Klich was played onside by Mings.

That's was the one I was referring to so just wondered if there are different views?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #351 on: April 29, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »
I just want Axel and Mings at the back for us for along time but I cant see it  :(

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »
Just take a good look at the replay of the "foul" on Kodjia.
I have watched it maybe 6 times and saw no contact.
My thoughts are Kodjia was withdrawn to defuse the situation, Jedinak was put on the make a nuisance of himself up front and to help out defensively as we were going to be under pressure by having 10 men.

You seem to be confusing no contact with him not being injured.

If Kodjia wasn't injured then why we'd take him off and stick Jedinak up front i'll never know.

He already told you! To defuse the situation, of course. Imagine how much worse it would have been if he had stayed on the pitch ,o)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #353 on: April 29, 2019, 03:58:35 PM »
He looks onside to me, the pic KRS posted

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »
Looks marginally offside to me.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »
Can anyone clear up for me the issue of whether Klich was offside or not.  I've seen a number of positive assertions that he was but have to admit in all the views I've seen he looks to be played on by I think Mings.  If he was then I guess that means the linesman was also fooled by Roberts apparent intention to put the ball out

From the clip I saw, when the ball was played to him you could not see the positions of all the relevant players. By the time you could see them all, he was in an offside position. But it looked to me as if he would have run from an onside postion at the moment the ball was played to him. If that makes sense.

Offline john2710

« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
Regarding the Hourihane 'punch', I can't see that as a punch, more like a shove. He was booked for his original reaction.
Bamford was booked for dragging El Ghazi by the throat, he wasn't booked for feigning injury. If he was then El Ghazi would not have been sent off. had Hourihane by the throat.

I see Noel Whelan & Danny Murphy think Hourihane is a disgrace but don't mention Bamford. Murphy is a cnut.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #357 on: April 29, 2019, 05:12:46 PM »
What if this had happened in the play off final ?
£160-£200 million has just been put in your hands, 20-25 minutes from now you can keep it if you don't make any slip ups.
Would Leeds, us or anybody still do the 'sporting thing` ? 

Offline exigo

« Reply #358 on: April 29, 2019, 05:17:40 PM »
What if this had happened in the play off final ?
£160-£200 million has just been put in your hands, 20-25 minutes from now you can keep it if you don't make any slip ups.
Would Leeds, us or anybody still do the 'sporting thing` ? 

I would imagine every referee from now until the Wembley final will be telling the teams that he will take control of the situation, and that teams should play to the whistle until that point.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #359 on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
I think our situation will make a lot of managers think about putting the ball out. I know there were comments earlier that we would now have to be whiter than white but I disagree. For me now the baton has to go to the referee and we keep playing until he decides otherwise.  Relying on "fair play" doesn't pay as we were made to play with 10 men in a game we were certainly capable of winning.  One for the league and referees to look at I think

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal