collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 10:55:52 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:55:34 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:55:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Steve67
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Diego Carlos by Monty
[Today at 10:48:12 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 10:47:30 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Steve67
[Today at 10:46:03 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Steve67
[Today at 10:44:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57310 times)

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:58 PM »
Once I saw the team selection I chose to watch the Simpsons for health reasons. Glad I did. Injuries and possible suspensions and the pyscholgical advantage handed to Leeds. What a crap day.
The Simpsons forums are over there mate....

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »
Aston Villa manager Dean Smith tells Sky Sports: “Klich has apologised. Every credit to Leeds and Marcelo Bielsa for putting that right. I asked him and he agreed. He said ‘yes’. He apologised for what happened. Fair play to them. It was a good game of football until that moment.”

Yes, it was quite right for Leeds to allow our goal, but we had to play the last 15 minutes down to 10 men because of their actions.

If they'd have scored a winner it would have been completely unjust

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »
Classy from Bielsa, the opposite from Leeds fans, Jansson and that arsehole Bamford who should get a retro ban. 

Their goal was partly our own fault for not playing to the whistle.  I don't buy into this kicking the ball out when an opponent is down.   That said, once we'd done it for them it seemed the fair thing to do to reciprocate.  Also their player seemed like he was about to play it out so our players were sort of deceived into stopping, then he passed it instead.

The linesman has obviously called the red on Bamford's reaction rather than what he saw, because there was no elbow and barely any contact - he just shrugged him off.  Cardinal sin for officials and he should get canned for it. 

Leeds fans and players seemed borderline hysterical.  Booing Jack for going down when clobbered by their thugs - at least he's used to it after playing Blues and Albion.  Christ knows what they'll be like in the actual play-offs.

Even though one of my best mates is a Leeds fan I hope they get shat on by Derby or Boro.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2019, 02:46:03 PM »
I think Bielsa has the psychological edge, by doing what he did, if the two teams meet in the final however that would be diluted by the fact that they have a cheating c*** in their team.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
Just to add not impressed by Smith keeping SJM and even Jack on so long when it was obvious it was getting feisty.

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »
Aston Villa manager Dean Smith tells Sky Sports: “Klich has apologised. Every credit to Leeds and Marcelo Bielsa for putting that right. I asked him and he agreed. He said ‘yes’. He apologised for what happened. Fair play to them. It was a good game of football until that moment.”

Yes, it was quite right for Leeds to allow our goal, but we had to play the last 15 minutes down to 10 men because of their actions.

If they'd have scored a winner it would have been completely unjust
The blame for me goes all to the lino giving it the "elbow in the face" action to the ref.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
Oh well, might as well get this over with.
PWS , I owe you an apology. I believe I may once have taken you to task for sticking to a 30 year old outdated stereotype and not recognising Leeds as the sporting, progressive, free flowing, easy on the eye attacking side that they really are. I now humbly recant my stupid opinion and recognise that you are indeed right. Dirty Leeds they were, still are and always will be.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
I always thought it was Bamfords Dad who was the biggest tool in his family, his son proved me wrong today.
You need to dig a bit deeper to excavate better jokes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2019, 02:50:41 PM »
Phillips is a very good player for them. Would be a good purchase after we pummel them in the final.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
Now the dust has settled a bit I'm perfectly happy today. Provided the injuries are not too serious and the red card is rescinded it can be looked upon as a good days work. The winning run gone but no real damage, McGinn booked but we have control of that now, 10 men negated a chance of winning, we have the moral high ground and can point to the injustice as a contributory factor in losing the run but most of all I thought we looked really good. Defence was magnificent, we competed in midfield, should've been sharper up front but still created and most crucially of all there is fire at the heart of this team.

The bandwagon rolls on and no amount of shithousing and cuntery can put us off our stride

Online 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Poor defending for the equaliser we just seemed to walk through Leeds defence unchallenged

Reminded me of Hutton's goal against the Blues!

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2019, 02:53:35 PM »
Bamford is trending on Twitter.  The fop.

Offline john2710

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2019, 02:53:56 PM »
Leeds tried to out muscle us. The crowd, player & manager were out to intimidate us & the ref (who has always been shit) from the off. They failed. If Jack's left foot had been planted that challenge would have caused a lot of damage.

Then they tried cheating. They are an odious club who always bottle it & they're about to do it again.

I don't buy this about Bielsa doing the honourable thing, I think he had little choice.

Sky will now be relishing a rematch in May.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »
Now the dust has settled a bit I'm perfectly happy today. Provided the injuries are not too serious and the red card is rescinded it can be looked upon as a good days work. The winning run gone but no real damage, McGinn booked but we have control of that now, 10 men negated a chance of winning, we have the moral high ground and can point to the injustice as a contributory factor in losing the run but most of all I thought we looked really good. Defence was magnificent, we competed in midfield, should've been sharper up front but still created and most crucially of all there is fire at the heart of this team.

The bandwagon rolls on and no amount of shithousing and cuntery can put us off our stride
A very good summary Nev and very much how see it too.
This team of ours has some real resilience and fight and none of the teams in the playoffs will be harder to beat than us.

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »
Poor defending for the equaliser we just seemed to walk through Leeds defence unchallenged

Reminded me of Hutton's goal against the Blues!
Ha Ha, identical.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal