collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Bristol City post-match thread  (Read 37967 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Bristol City post-match thread
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2019, 07:11:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/bristolcity/status/1117112976916602881?s=21

Their manager after the match with some incomprehensible wurzel-babble about where we put away fans.

Lee Johnson is, was, and always will be, a massive throbber!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »
They will have been convinced when they saw Jack, Tyrone and others were not on our team sheet that the points were there for the taking. That's what's p-ssing them off! They should be looking nervously over their shoulders at boro or derby because on the basis of what I saw yesterday, they lack discipline on and off the pitch and they could well implode. It's great waking up knowing we've won again! UTV!

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
Brizzle were one of those clubs who you have a sneaky admiration for because of being a small club doing the business and more than holding their own.

Now anymore.
They really are a jumped up bunch of whingeing fuckers with a poisonous dwarf for a manager whose chip on his shoulder is bigger than him.
I hope the fuckers drop out of the top 6.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »
Great performance. Thought they all played really well. Steer, Taylor, McGinn in particular.

As soon as they got one back I thought it was a big 20 mins for Keinan, and he was up to it. Might be time to let Tammy sit one out, I think he looked tired. It’s been a long season for him up there on his own.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »
More salty comments from little Lee Johnson, with appropriate music.

https://youtu.be/BkUq_o2GGT0

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
Their fans will soon get over it.
I think Rugby Union is the main sport in Bristol.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2019, 08:42:58 AM »
Does anyone have a spare copy of the official matchday programme? I found out last night that Cam is in there and I would like to get a copy for his Dad.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2019, 08:47:37 AM »
The game was far more comfortable than the score suggested, their keeper had a blinder and that combined but with some pretty ropey finishing meant we didn’t run up the cricket score we should have.

Thought it was an iffy penalty decision but they created the square root of fuck all, ElGhazi really stepped up in the absence of Jack and some good performances from the lesser lights.

Taylor shading MOM from Whelan, El Ghazi and Elmo.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »
Inconclusive, if he pushed him in the back then a pen but you can not tell from that.
Look, from where I was it seemed nailed-on, both for the clear push and the arm out.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
I though so too from the Lower Holt, but though they were unlucky with the disallowed 'goal'.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
I didn't think it was a penalty either to be honest. I thought we were great yesterday. Their keeper kept them in the game and I disagree with what someone else said about all our shots going straight at him, he made some very good instinctive saves. I don't think anyone had a bad game yesterday and even Jedinak looked decent at centre half. Roll on Bolton!

Offline Clampy

« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2019, 09:12:49 AM »
And I still don't know where the ref got 6 added minutes from.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »
Arguably the best of the eight wins, with Mings and Grealish missing and against our nearest rival in the table.

El Ghazi was unplayable at times. On his day he is far too good for this league but let's be honest, if he wasn't inconsistent then he wouldn't be slumming it in the Championship.

The improvement in and how Smith has got the likes of Whelan and Taylor playing is remarkable. Shows what good coaching can do and it helps that we play on the front foot and limits the amount of defending Taylor has to do.

Bristol City fans definitely mirror their manager. He's an odious little prick with little man syndrome and is always very salty. Their fans on Twitter and their forum are the saltiest I've seen this season aswell.
I thought the atmosphere was decent in parts and loud at times yet according to them VP was a library, one of the quietest sell out crowds they've ever seen and the quietest set of home fans they've seen this season. Now either they're telling porkies or the acoustics at VP are terrible. I barely heard their fans and thought they seemed very subdued for an away support.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2019, 09:18:10 AM »
Apparently we were lucky to win and 2-1 to them would have been a fair result....... possibly the saltiest make believe fans apart from the noses?

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
And I still don't know where the ref got 6 added minutes from.

I was alright with it. By then we were purring, and I thought it provided us with ample time to bang in another couple.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal