collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Bristol City post-match thread  (Read 38066 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Bristol City post-match thread
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »
Lost of unsung heroes today.

Thought Neil Taylor had one of his best games for us.

Feelgood factor at the end was just brilliant. Great stuff!!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2019, 11:36:24 PM »
Inconclusive, if he pushed him in the back then a pen but you can not tell from that.

If he pushed him he wouldn't fall backwards. It's a fantastically awful decision and we'd be livid if we'd lost to that decision.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2019, 11:43:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/bristolcity/status/1117112976916602881?s=21

Their manager after the match with some incomprehensible wurzel-babble about where we put away fans.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/bristolcity/status/1117112976916602881?s=21

Their manager after the match with some incomprehensible wurzel-babble about where we put away fans.

No subtitles so fuck knows what he said. I think I heard him mention a combine harvester but beyond that, nothing.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »
So their forum has posted that as a defence. So, do fucking tell, what was their defender attempting to do? I thought it was a penalty then, it's still a penalty now.

Ftif. And if any of them are eavesdropping and might wonder what that "i" represents, it's "inconsequential".

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »
It was certainly a Holte End penalty.

10k + roar and the ref is convinced he's missed an obvious foul so gives it. All crowds with big home ends get a couple a season.

Doubt we'd have been given it at the North Stand.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »
To be fair he has a point about the positioning of the away fans. I think it was Mo’N that insisted on them being moved to the side all those years ago and I think we benefit from it on the whole.  He’s only saying that is advantageous and has spotted something for his own ground.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2019, 12:45:19 AM »
Very exiting game today. Villa had many chances which frustrated me but when 6 minutes of injury time was called Villa just stepped up and took the piss. Have that me babbies!!!

Whelan, El Ghazi, SJM step up and take a bow. Got to London Euston and found it was full of celebrating Villa fans. So I joined in. Rude not to.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2019, 12:51:10 AM »
How dare they complain and call us arrogant ! We wasted millions of pounds and endured years of shite football to get down to this level just so the fans of these small town clubs can have a day out seeing their team play a league game at a proper football ground. Ungrateful bastards !       

*Applause*

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2019, 12:51:53 AM »
Breath, relax, enjoy. We deserve it.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2019, 01:11:19 AM »
First half despite missing us two great chances, I thought we lacked tempo and structure. I thought they were the better team 1st half.

2nd half for large parts we were very very good. Created lots of chances and should have made the end of the game easier for ourselves. SJM his usual brilliant self and El Ghazi had their right back on toast.

Id echo the points about the commentator on the Bristol City biased stream. He was horrificly oneeyed. The coverage in general was shit. Lost count of the times they cut away from live play to show a replay.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2019, 01:12:20 AM »
Got to give a shoutout to Neil Taylor, who I thought was excellent today, both going forward & defensively. Linked well with El Ghazi, who looked dangerous throughout. Should have won by more & more wins will do it.

Good to hear .
I mean I seen from highlights he smashed ball against opposition player and then didn't prevent cross coming in from his side but perhaps his whole game was a lot better.
Seeing him v Rotherham midweek early on was awful falling on ball.
I would say he's still a concern for me especially on his defending and the part he played in the goal being conceded.
That said hear what you're saying so it's good there is part of play that's being recognized and certainly been more solid overall in this winning run!

Sorry mate, Neil Taylor had an excellent game today in defence and attack, just like his previous three matches, definitely a confidence player who is performing to his potential

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2019, 01:20:48 AM »
It was certainly a Holte End penalty.

10k + roar and the ref is convinced he's missed an obvious foul so gives it. All crowds with big home ends get a couple a season.

Doubt we'd have been given it at the North Stand.
Stop trying to disparage those of us who occupy the Witton End.😡

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38:32 AM »
Thanks for the link yesterday as it was good to see most of the game (bias Bristol City commentator aside).
A special mention to our makeshift defence today as in general we looked pretty solid.
Whelan was outstanding today, his screening of our defence and passing a joy.
El Ghazi made a mug out of their right back and this was his best game since Smethick away IMHO.
Davis very impressive in his cameo.
We were lucky and unlucky in equal measure so overall deserved the win.
And yes we CAN win without Jack if we have to.
On to Easter now and hopefully confirmation of our play off spot.
UTV

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2019, 07:00:29 AM »
From Thursday morning’s hangover to now Sunday’s. Thank you Villa.

Couldn’t find out till Tuesday that I could get Saturday off and all the Bristol tickets have all gone - fucked off wasn’t the word. Dragged around the bull ring in between taking phone out every 2 mins hitting refresh.

BBC website failed. Thank goodness for this forum for the updates.

From the highlights chance after chance went begging and my heart sank when I saw Jack wasn’t playing - I’m a kid again! Next thing I’ll be getting a football sticker album out.

The magnitude of this win cannot be understated.

A sellout crowd contributed to the win. Dean Smith and his coaches all carry on to astound - we’ve had some shite back room staff and all this positivity and logic is like witchcraft.

Players one and all gave their all, kept their heads and belief and saw out the win. We won a game without Jack - one of the (appeared to be) toughest games of the season.

I’m so happy like the rest of you. 8 on the spin, Trotters next after that fucking snow game last time there - someone needs a pasting to improve our goal difference but also to remind the rest of the division they got off lightly and those to come should fear.

I think we will displace the baggies in 4th and play them in the semis with the blades in the final.

Onwards!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal