collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Zebra Finance???  (Read 7867 times)

Offline colin69

Re: Zebra Finance???
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »
Glad I got in early...already had my first payment taken out. Hope it gets sorted for everyone else very soon.

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
Just spoke to the ticket office - according to the chap I spoke to, there is not going to be another extension to the early bird deadline after Friday (12th, 5pm), but neither is there likely to be any finance option sorted in the next 2 days before the window closes. Then season tickets will be off-sale until after the end of the season (as usual) by which time there might be a new finance option available, but they have no idea how much the season ticket price will rise by.

I appreciate it's a difficult situation for the club with ZF doing an O'Neill, but it's not a great situation for the fans either, is it? We're between a rock and a hard place. You either lash out a large amount now (if you can afford it - it's over a grand for me) to buy/renew at the guaranteed early bird price or else take your chances, wait until STs are back on sale again after the end of the season, and take on the chin whatever the price hike is going to be at that time.  And right now, there's no guarantee that there will be alternative finance options available at that time or not.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »
Not that I've got a clue, just speculating, but when we go up, given the access to untold riches that that brings, could there be something put in place by the club itself?

It seems a right pisser that some folks who've stuck with it the last few years will suddenly miss out or get extra stung because of the untimely actions of a third party.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 04:06:12 PM »
It does'nt surprise me the club have failed to sort out an alternative finance option at all, they made a statement last August that Seatwave was no longer a thing and an announcement would be made soon over an alternative........8 months and counting is classed as 'soon' still obviously to our powers that be.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »
Not that I've got a clue, just speculating, but when we go up, given the access to untold riches that that brings, could there be something put in place by the club itself?

It seems a right pisser that some folks who've stuck with it the last few years will suddenly miss out or get extra stung because of the untimely actions of a third party.

The riches of the Premier League pale in to insignificance when compared to the wealth of our owners.

I'm sure someone worth $7.2bn can afford to lend £7.5m to the club, interest-free, for 12 months (the equivalent of 15,000 season tickets at £500 a throw).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:00:12 PM by Ad@m »

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
Well, I just checked the website again and, fair play to the club, they have now sorted an alternative credit supplier - V12 Finance.  I've just been through the process and successfully renewed my season tickets for next season.  There are both the 4- and 9-month interest-free options originally offered by Zebra Finance (although the 9-month option attracts a £20 additional fee, so it's not entirely interest-free!)  The only thing is there is no paper application option - not surprisingly I guess given the short time available to sort something out - so only applications online or by phone to the ticket office are supported.  The deadline for the early bird window closure is still tomorrow but they've extended it until 8pm - I think I read that part correctly.

EDIT:  Just seen that the early bird window closes at 3pm on Saturday 13th April.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:48:59 PM by Chris Stares »

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 02:51:16 PM »
Pravda
Link to OS.  Early bird extended to 3pm on Saturday.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »
just tried online and got the message that my seat has already been allocated to someone :(  contacting the ticket office as I write...

UTV
The Doc

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »
Two things:-

1. Why does the avfc.co.uk site appear as 'pravda' (seems daft and a them and us type culture thing)
2. Secure frigging Trust, ffs/

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
Been to ticket office lunchtime today & was told finance could be announced by the club later today, as a former zebra customer I am interested in it so came away to return tomorrow.
Wonder if it will be zero percent as zebra or what the rate will be

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »
Been to ticket office lunchtime today & was told finance could be announced by the club later today, as a former zebra customer I am interested in it so came away to return tomorrow.
Wonder if it will be zero percent as zebra or what the rate will be
See my comment further up.  The credit arrangements are in place with V12.  It is interest-free for both 4 and 9 months but the 9-month option incurs an additional £20 fee.  It's up-and-running now (online at least) because I went through the process and renewed with the new credit provider a couple of hours ago.  It was a seamless process.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »
Just renewed 5 season tickets on the 4 month interest free option. Application form very easy to negotiate & confirmation came almost immediately from Villa.

Very relieved.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 05:38:03 PM »
What we could do with is an owner with some sort of experience in the world if credit card finance !!

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
nice of them to tell us...renewed in full today.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
Rang the ticket office at 2pm today to see what the situation was, before I renewed via credit card, only to be told that they had literally just agreed the new deal with V12. Received all the emails to buy over 9 months, £10 admin charge per ticket, before I received the official notification from Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal