collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:44:19 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Smirker
[Today at 01:42:44 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Re: VAR by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:39:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble  (Read 59095 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2023, 11:53:44 PM »
I've had digital encounters and he's always encouraging.
Good luck to him.

Which Ashley are you talking about here, Preece or Young?

I had to go back a couple of pages but glad you chaps had all the age inappropriate comments covered, good to see standards maintained while I’ve been busy ;)

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2023, 12:21:36 AM »
You're wrong. Only Connect is the best show on TV, possibly ever.

And what's more, this very fanzine was once a clue on it.

I like it, and it's possibly the best quiz show on TV.

*even if the missing letters round is the only round I'm good at.

I love it but I absolutely have to fast forward the singing. I cringe so hard that my balls retract so much they enter another dimension. I have no idea why she likes it so much.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2023, 12:41:07 AM »
The Claret and Blue youtube podcast is decent - but I'm not sure how Reach/Evening Mail make any money from it, as I can't see that it drives people to their website or the paper itself.

Even if it did drive you to the website, you'd better have a good adblocker!

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2023, 12:51:54 AM »
The Claret and Blue youtube podcast is decent - but I'm not sure how Reach/Evening Mail make any money from it, as I can't see that it drives people to their website or the paper itself.

Even if it did drive you to the website, you'd better have a good adblocker!

If you get over a certain number of views per video (don't know what the number is) you get ad revenue straight from YouTube.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2023, 09:40:48 AM »
I auditioned to be on Only Connect once. It was for one of the early series, when it seemed like an attainable goal as not many people watched it. Me, my brother and my mate went up to Manchester one Saturday morning for it, but the night before we had got absolutely smashed in Snobs, so we were still drunk on the train going up. When we got there, they were running late, so we went across the road to a pub to 'settle our nerves'/top up the already dangerously high levels of alcohol in our systems. Anyway, when we got in there, before they started with the questions, we had to explain how we knew each other - what our 'connection' was. As team captain, my brother looked at me and said "well, he's my brother, so when I was 3 my Mum just brought someone home" to which I replied "yeah, and nine months later, I was born". The combination of alcohol and nerves led me to find this the funniest thing I had ever said, so I spent the rest of the audition chuckling at my own joke.

We didn't get on.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2023, 09:41:59 AM »
That's a great story

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2023, 10:12:38 AM »

I love it but I absolutely have to fast forward the singing. I cringe so hard that my balls retract so much they enter another dimension. I have no idea why she likes it so much.

We do exactly the same.

It's the reason we never watch it live, we miss the first minute or two then watch from the start so we've got room to fast forward through the hideous singing parts, and the equally awful monologues she does, which are the least funny things on television.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2023, 10:13:07 AM »
I auditioned to be on Only Connect once. It was for one of the early series, when it seemed like an attainable goal as not many people watched it. Me, my brother and my mate went up to Manchester one Saturday morning for it, but the night before we had got absolutely smashed in Snobs, so we were still drunk on the train going up. When we got there, they were running late, so we went across the road to a pub to 'settle our nerves'/top up the already dangerously high levels of alcohol in our systems. Anyway, when we got in there, before they started with the questions, we had to explain how we knew each other - what our 'connection' was. As team captain, my brother looked at me and said "well, he's my brother, so when I was 3 my Mum just brought someone home" to which I replied "yeah, and nine months later, I was born". The combination of alcohol and nerves led me to find this the funniest thing I had ever said, so I spent the rest of the audition chuckling at my own joke.

We didn't get on.

*applause*

excellent.

Someone from here was actually on it, I seem to recall.

Martyn Smith maybe?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2023, 10:51:00 AM »
Doesn’t Mastertwat have a ‘colourful’ background as an enjoyer of football?

Yep, convicted hooligan. They had one episode years ago where they had a challenge doing some catering in the kitchens for hospitality at Chelsea. He wasn't filmed in the ground, presumably because he's got a banning order.

I think I read he was in his teens on the only occasion he was nicked at Millwall, I'd guess he's in his early 60s now (?). Were there banning orders forty years ago and if so would they have lasted until he was presenting Masterchef? Only ever heard of 10 year bans.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2023, 11:07:37 AM »
Doesn’t Mastertwat have a ‘colourful’ background as an enjoyer of football?

Yep, convicted hooligan. They had one episode years ago where they had a challenge doing some catering in the kitchens for hospitality at Chelsea. He wasn't filmed in the ground, presumably because he's got a banning order.

I think I read he was in his teens on the only occasion he was nicked at Millwall, I'd guess he's in his early 60s now (?). Were there banning orders forty years ago and if so would they have lasted until he was presenting Masterchef? Only ever heard of 10 year bans.

Ther were bans then although they tended to be club-specific and not as long as there are now but it's good for the image innit?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2023, 12:11:19 PM »
Angels and Demons! Best misnomer since Murders & Executions (Mergers & Acqs.).

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2023, 03:33:42 PM »

We didn't get on.

Excellent, haha.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2023, 12:15:33 AM »

We do exactly the same.

It's the reason we never watch it live, we miss the first minute or two then watch from the start so we've got room to fast forward through the hideous singing parts, and the equally awful monologues she does, which are the least funny things on television.

I can't remember the last time I heard one of her monologues either as I do the same and as soon as I know the score it's off before she can do her bit at the end. It's strange as I actually still really like her and I'm weirdly happy she's with David considering I don't know them.

Apart from sport though I never watch anything live. Entertainment shows have too much bullshit filler in them so I can say I like a show but really I've probably cut the run time by at least 30%.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2023, 05:31:45 PM »
The main headline in Birmingham Live today was around how all his little pals were congratulating Joe on getting to the CL final.  That belongs in the MEN not here you twats.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2023, 09:00:19 PM »
The main headline in Birmingham Live today was around how all his little pals were congratulating Joe on getting to the CL final.  That belongs in the MEN not here you twats.
You mean we don't do the Bellingham love in type of thing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal