collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble  (Read 58153 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2020, 10:17:07 PM »
Don't Buy The Mail, and DON'T LET THESE ****** INTO VILLA PARK. The stadium rules are quite clear that opposition fans should only sit in the designated away end.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2020, 10:22:19 PM »
Don't Buy The Mail, and DON'T LET THESE c***s INTO VILLA PARK. The stadium rules are quite clear that opposition fans should only sit in the designated away end.

For a publication that is so negative about us, I have to agree.

I’ve seen more truth in the Viz letters section.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:48 PM »
The Sunday Sport made up less stuff than that 'local' shitrag does.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2020, 11:20:53 PM »
Where I agree with him is if we are prepared to sell we should just say 'this is the price if you pay it you can have him.'  It's just that that price should be a fuck-ton of money to reflect we would be selling our once in a generation player and one of the best English born players in the game.

Agreed.

Offline Rory

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2020, 11:26:32 PM »
Where I agree with him is if we are prepared to sell we should just say 'this is the price if you pay it you can have him.'  It's just that that price should be a fuck-ton of money to reflect we would be selling our once in a generation player and one of the best English born players in the game.

Agreed.

That's not fair, though. Whereas Tottenham selling their players for overinflated sums is good business (no anti-semitism, Levy just happens to be a hard-nosed businessman) we should be grateful for the intetest. We're standing in our players' way. If anything, we should be paying Man Utd to buy them. That's what we'd do if we really cared about their chances of winning trophies and playing for England, surely?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »

Agreed.

That's not fair, though. Whereas Tottenham selling their players for overinflated sums is good business (no anti-semitism, Levy just happens to be a hard-nosed businessman) we should be grateful for the intetest. We're standing in our players' way. If anything, we should be paying Man Utd to buy them. That's what we'd do if we really cared about their chances of winning trophies and playing for England, surely?

I don't really care what the tabloid narrative around it is, or that of other clubs (although I take your point on Levy, and have made the very same point on here previously).
The truth is that every player has a price so, if he wants to go, we set that price, taking into consideration the three or four years he has left on his contract and his value to us. We don't negotiate. We don't answer the phone until the offer matches the price. Deal.

Edit: just realised you were joking. Sorry, long day!

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2020, 10:13:55 AM »
Lescott hates us these days so it's no surprise he's coming out with shit like that.

Judging by his goal celebrations against us during his career, I’d say the wanker always hated us.

No Villa fan would’ve behaved like that.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
One way or another Jack is going to leave. However, Lescott should keep his bloody mouth shut.
Call me cynical, but it sounds like Lescott is trying to put pressure on the club on behalf of Jack to let his mate part amicably with the club, thereby not having to hand in a transfer request and forfeit his signing on fee.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »
Any player who agitates for a move but is not prepared to put in a transfer request is a ******.

Offline Rory

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »

Agreed.

I don't really care what the tabloid narrative around it is, or that of other clubs (although I take your point on Levy, and have made the very same point on here previously).
The truth is that every player has a price so, if he wants to go, we set that price, taking into consideration the three or four years he has left on his contract and his value to us. We don't negotiate. We don't answer the phone until the offer matches the price. Deal.

Edit: just realised you were joking. Sorry, long day!

Haha, no worries  :)

I agree, by the way.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #250 on: May 29, 2020, 01:24:43 AM »
Is this Levy the same guy as the genius who could have signed Grealish for about £10m two years ago?

WHOOPS!!!!!

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2020, 09:50:31 AM »
Lescott hates us these days so it's no surprise he's coming out with shit like that.

Judging by his goal celebrations against us during his career, I’d say the wanker always hated us.

I had heard from a Wolves fan back in the day that Joleon was pissed off with Villa as we apparently treated Aaron badly behind the scenes at some point.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »

I had heard from a Wolves fan back in the day that Joleon was pissed off with Villa as we apparently treated Aaron badly behind the scenes at some point.
Was that his excuse for playing like Titus Bramble on Mogadon for his season with us?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2020, 01:48:48 PM »
Probably, screws us out of money whilst playing poorly. Double win for him.

Offline Rory

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:48 PM »
I can't bring myself to hate Lescott. I don't care enough about him. He was just another in the long list of players we shouldn't have bothered signing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal