collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by OCD
[Today at 10:45:12 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by OCD
[Today at 10:40:29 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 10:40:09 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble  (Read 59065 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2020, 10:14:27 AM »
That rag has printed so many negative stories about the whole region over the years.
As I have said before, it must be the only publication that hates its own target market.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2020, 01:43:39 PM »
Jack Grealish is highly rated and interests at least one of the top teams in the Premier league. Manure are the team most linked and almost certainly have the money to buy him IF Villa choose to sell. In other bleeding obvious news apparently bears do shit in the woods.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »
That rag has printed so many negative stories about the whole region over the years.
As I have said before, it must be the only publication that hates its own target market.

This

It is a self-loathing rag that perpetuates every negative Brummie stereotype you can think of, and actively seeks to undermine and belittle its biggest football club.

All through one of the most hideous, advert-laden, clickbait driven web site you'll see anywhere.

I look forward to it disappearing for good.

If that's local 'news' they can keep it.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2020, 09:37:01 PM »

This

It is a self-loathing rag that perpetuates every negative Brummie stereotype you can think of, and actively seeks to undermine and belittle its biggest football club.

All through one of the most hideous, advert-laden, clickbait driven web site you'll see anywhere.

I look forward to it disappearing for good.

If that's local 'news' they can keep it.

You could always try this ;)

http://www.paradisecircus.com/2016/03/22/finally-birmingham-mail-without-the-content/

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »
😂

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2020, 10:18:39 AM »
Fuck me, if you filtered out the crap from the Mail website, you'd be left with a blank page with the date at the top.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2020, 11:33:30 AM »
When the Mail finally closes I shall mourn the Evening Mail of my youth and early adult years and not the the pathetic mess it’s been for the last 10 or so years. It’s relentless clickbait drivel on Twitter etc has been the final straw. Good riddance to the rag (whenever that’ll be).

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »
They can't blame it on their ownership. Them, the Liverpool Echo and the Manchester Evening News are all owned by Reach.

On an average day the Echo website  will lead with 'Liverpool - Why it's so great'.

The MEN will have 'Manchester - Best city in the world'.

The Mail will say 'Birmingham - If you're lucky you'll get out in one piece'.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »
How many of the Mail reporters are locals? As in Birmingham. Seeing as it's the Birmingham Evening Mail and most of their readership is based here.

I always thought it strange that they've had us reported on numerous times by bitter Albion twats who found it impossible to be impartial and littered their reports with amateurish jibes.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »
The mail unfortunately is not local now, I can remember when we had the Despatch paper which was local & a good alternative to the meaning evil but they were taken over by them. I have found the express & star to be more palatable for Villa & local news.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2020, 08:09:58 PM »
They’ve taken the piss out of us for years.  Giving us two Smethwick supporters in a row as they men inside Villa Park’ for a start off.  Surprised they didn’t go the whole hog and give us Twattum.  Even before that they had that horrible blue nose twonk Roger someone name escapes me being openly vitriolic about us in The Argus.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »
They’ve taken the piss out of us for years.  Giving us two Smethwick supporters in a row as they men inside Villa Park’ for a start off.  Surprised they didn’t go the whole hog and give us Twattum.  Even before that they had that horrible blue nose twonk Roger someone name escapes me being openly vitriolic about us in The Argus.

Always loved hearing the vendors calling out what sounded like Spatchy Mail.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2020, 06:35:08 AM »
Would that have been "Dispatch and Mail"?
I seem to remember that.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2020, 07:53:22 AM »
It’s not only the ‘content’ which is woeful but a web page takes about a year to download properly. Feels like a seething, writhing infestation of ads and viruses.

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2020, 08:31:36 AM »
[/quote    I think that may have been Roger Skidmore, always got a little excited if Small Heath were above us ...." theres a change in the balance of power,etc"]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal