collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 281077 times)

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #810 on: February 09, 2022, 10:41:53 PM »
Love him. He’s arguably our best player.

Amazing the support for players in form game by game, but no view of the bigger picture…

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #811 on: February 09, 2022, 11:02:07 PM »

Amazing the support for players in form game by game, but no view of the bigger picture…

Which is??

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #812 on: February 09, 2022, 11:04:22 PM »
Outstanding how he finishes.
Brilliant use of both feet.
Love him and he's someone we can all be proud of.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #813 on: February 10, 2022, 12:58:24 AM »
He is wonderful but of course I have no view of the bigger picture.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #814 on: February 10, 2022, 01:16:46 AM »

Study the dialectical method of Hegel, and soon you will see the totality of relations aka the the antagonistic unity of opposites aka the big picture.

Or, you could sit high up near the centre circle in the Witton Lane or Trinity Road stands with a wide angle lens.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #815 on: February 10, 2022, 02:52:40 AM »

Study the dialectical method of Hegel, and soon you will see the totality of relations aka the the antagonistic unity of opposites aka the big picture.

Or, you could sit high up near the centre circle in the Witton Lane or Trinity Road stands with a wide angle lens.

Absolute bollocks. You need to be looking at Kant's Transcendental dialectic and the illusion of transcendental judgements, Aftab. And the back of the Holte with the rowdy kids is the only place from which to gain true insight.

I must admit that, last season, I thought he was a bit of a nothing player (Ramsey, not Immanuel Kant); tidy enough, but not good enough at enough things. As somebody who is always wrong, it's a pleasure to see him confirming my personality type every time he plays nowadays. Good lad, keep going.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #816 on: February 10, 2022, 02:59:49 AM »

Absolute bollocks. You need to be looking at Kant's Transcendental dialectic and the illusion of transcendental judgements, Aftab. And the back of the Holte with the rowdy kids is the only place from which to gain true insight.

I must admit that, last season, I thought he was a bit of a nothing player (Ramsey, not Immanuel Kant); tidy enough, but not good enough at enough things. As somebody who is always wrong, it's a pleasure to see him confirming my personality type every time he plays nowadays. Good lad, keep going.

Empiricist reductionism. No big picture for you!

Also, Mr. Aftab sits in the North Stand. 

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #817 on: February 10, 2022, 03:16:02 AM »

Empiricist reductionism. No big picture for you!

Also, Mr. Aftab sits in the North Stand. 

"He's a killer Quine, dynamite with a laser beam. Guaranteed to blow your mind."

May God, and the good patrons of H&V, forgive me for sullying this site with Quine lyrics. It won't happen again.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #818 on: February 10, 2022, 06:20:52 AM »
Think he becomes our (joint) top scorer now with those two last night.

Not sure if that counts as big picture or not.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:32:22 AM by Vegas »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #819 on: February 10, 2022, 08:00:23 AM »

I said the same last night.

Offline nigel

« Reply #820 on: February 10, 2022, 08:27:52 AM »
JJ and Coutinho have struck up a great understanding. His two goals last night were outstanding.

I suppose the worry is, is if PC doesn’t stay with us, whoever is lucky enough to get him will be told ‘There’s a young lad at the Villa…’

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #821 on: February 10, 2022, 08:29:45 AM »
I can't quite believe how much he's come on from last season. Don't get me wrong he was decent enough last season but in a more neat and tidy, keep it simple kind of way. This season he has added the drive and positioning to his game and he looks the part!

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #822 on: February 10, 2022, 08:44:10 AM »
He eats up the ground. Looks at the way he gallops down the pitch for his second goal. Even watchung the replay I was thinking he is going to make up this ground

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #823 on: February 10, 2022, 09:04:26 AM »
The understanding between him and Coutinho last night was giving me complete Cowans-Platt vibes - there wasn't a run that Jacob made that Coutinho didn't spot.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #824 on: February 10, 2022, 09:51:50 AM »
The understanding between him and Coutinho last night was giving me complete Cowans-Platt vibes - there wasn't a run that Jacob made that Coutinho didn't spot.

The ball for Ramsay’s first probably looked more spectacular, but the ball for his second was on a par. It looked simple, and a pass closer to JJ’s feet would have been. But he slid it agonisingly close to the defender, taking him completely out of the game and meaning all Ramsay had to do was keep running to be one on-one with the keeper. Most players would have played it much wider of the defender, giving him a chance to get across to JJ and leaving him more to do. There are quite a few examples of this in PC’s highlight reel from the last Brazil game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal