collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266751 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2021, 12:01:33 AM »
I’m pretty sure that his dad was the Villa fan. Used to drink in the 3Cs on Chelmsley.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »
I’m pretty sure that his dad was the Villa fan. Used to drink in the 3Cs on Chelmsley.

I may have asked you this before Perce, not too sure so apologies if I have.  Was/is his dad's name Frank?  I grew up in Sheldon and went to school with a Frank Carsley so was wondering if they're father and son.

Offline selly park trinity

• GM : Jan, 2014
« Reply #452 on: September 09, 2021, 12:20:49 AM »
Yes he is. He’s definitely blues but he’s a nice bloke with it. Was waiting at the sedgemere after the Chelsea fa cup final and giving stick but he was top bloke to be fair

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #453 on: September 09, 2021, 01:32:29 AM »

I may have asked you this before Perce, not too sure so apologies if I have.  Was/is his dad's name Frank?  I grew up in Sheldon and went to school with a Frank Carsley so was wondering if they're father and son.

It’s been that long I honestly can’t remember Dave, sorry. He seemed like a friendly enough bloke and when I picture him I always see him laughing but I didn’t talk to him much - I wasn’t as much of a regular as some of my mates as the whole city is my playground lol.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #454 on: September 09, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
I remember us playing Derby around 96/97 and there was a piece/Q&A in the programme about/with Lee Carsley, and I am sure he said he was a Villa fan.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2021, 09:18:57 AM »
He didn't, the programme did. He isn't.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »

It’s been that long I honestly can’t remember Dave, sorry. He seemed like a friendly enough bloke and when I picture him I always see him laughing but I didn’t talk to him much - I wasn’t as much of a regular as some of my mates as the whole city is my playground lol.

Ok mate, ta.  Frank was a big lad/bloke and Lee isn't so probably not, an uncle perhaps.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2021, 09:35:38 AM »

That would be him. Sadly passed away a few years ago.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »

That would be him. Sadly passed away a few years ago.

Thanks CD, sorry to hear that, another from my schooldays gone.  RIP Frank.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #459 on: September 12, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »
After being the best player on the pitch in the first half at Chelsea, watch this boy fly now, with his brother not too far behind.

There's an article in The Athletic about both of them working hard this summer before pre-season. The Villa article directly underneath is about a player with seemingly the opposite attitude to the Ramz - namely, one Henri Lansbury! Don't have a sub but here's the start of it...

The Ramsey brothers are ready to pack a punch in taking Aston Villa forward

The brothers were hard at it over the summer.

At a deserted Bodymoor Heath, Jacob and Aaron Ramsey hit the weights, the treadmills, and the punchbags, their every moan and groan echoing around the vacant training complex.

Staff were on their summer holidays and a large chunk of the first team was on international duty. It would have been easy for the pair to put their feet up and coast through the off-season.

But like on so many previous occasions, the Ramseys sensed an opportunity.

As kids, the brothers would combine football with boxing alongside their father, Mark, a former amateur national champion in 1989 who twice fought Ricky Hatton. Both have excelled through the ranks despite being small and slender as schoolboys. They made sure that size was never a problem.

This summer, the plan was to work on their fitness and come back firing.

Watching Jacob, 20, come of age in Villa’s 2-0 win over Newcastle United last month and Aaron, 18, make his first senior appearance in the 6-0 win over Barrow in the Carabao Cup suggests it is starting to pay off.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #460 on: September 12, 2021, 07:20:57 PM »
Its interesting with Jacob as i thought he was a bit of a nothing plater last season, didnt really seem to effect games at all, bit harsh from me maybe given his age. He’s been excellent in the games hes played so far this year, looking forwards ti seeing him against Everton next week.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #461 on: September 12, 2021, 08:09:23 PM »
Very harsh of your R&B, considering you're more akin to what used to be known as a "happy clapper" on here  ;D

Offline eamonn

« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »
On a serious note, he doesn't have Grealish hogging the ball anymore so he's getting more chances to show what he can do. McGinn seems to have stepped-up too, the assistant-captain role probably has helped in some way. Need to see if Duggee can recapture his 19/20 form and then we'll have a trio that can compete while we wait for Sanson to come back next year/season.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2021, 08:12:35 PM »
Decent first half. Chelsea taking their worst player off at HT improved them in the middle. I wish our manager spotted such things and acted as quick.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #464 on: September 12, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
Decent first half. Chelsea taking their worst player off at HT improved them in the middle. I wish our manager spotted such things and acted as quick.

Perhaps if our manager had the Uefa Player of the Year to come off the bench he might.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal