collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:35:46 PM]

Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 11:35:43 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 11:32:37 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:28:58 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 11:28:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread  (Read 30923 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:15 PM »
Whelan is definitely the better of our two old, shit holding midfielders.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:37 PM »
Taylor and Hutton were poor, barely stopped a cross. Tommy and Mings were good, which is a weird thing to say of a centre half pairing in a team that concedes 3.

Part of the blame should also be attributed to the lack of cover by Kodjia and El G. They are the Quartet of Ineptitude.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
Taylor and Hutton were poor, barely stopped a cross. Tommy and Mings were good, which is a weird thing to say of a centre half pairing in a team that concedes 3.

Part of the blame should also be attributed to the lack of cover by Kodjia and El G. They are the Quartet of Ineptitude.

To an extent, but I think even that centres on the utterly dreadful Jedinak. He didn’t protect the defence and was actively detrimental to our attacking.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »
As I said earlier, Sheff Utd are nothing special. Confidence helps and hopefully we can build on this. The less said about the first 80 odd minutes the best.
Actually I thought they were pretty good, apart from their goalie.  Knocked it about nicely, incisive.  Difficult to judge properly when they're playing against utter shite for 80 minutes.

I can't think of too many better performances by an opposition team since we've been down here. Until the 82nd minute, obviously.

Agree with Hilts. We were utter shite thus making it easy for them. A half decent side would have buried us today.

They did bury us! They should've cremated us though.

After the first 15 minutes I was expecting a cricket score. They're tidy and hard working but I expect to play them again in the play-offs.

Who would you say has dominated us more? Fulham away last season and Brentford away the season before (or maybe it was last season...), I can't remember too many shoeings like we got tonight apart from those. Sheffield Utd away this season, maybe (I didn't see it)?

They stopped us playing by being organised and relentless tonight, and, as they knew, we don't really like defending. Must sting a bit for them, bless!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »
Why on earth start with Jedinak tonight?  Even Bjarnason would have been a better option than him, and I am in no way a fan of the sulky BB.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
Why on earth start with Jedinak tonight?  Even Bjarnason would have been a better option than him, and I am in no way a fan of the sulky BB.

I was pleased when I saw him on the teamsheet. He was woeful. He's finished.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
To an extent, but I think even that centres on the utterly dreadful Jedinak. He didn’t protect the defence and was actively detrimental to our attacking.

I agree Jedinak was very poor also...make it The Quintet of Ineptitude.

Offline Risso

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2019, 10:26:02 PM »

Who would you say has dominated us more? Fulham away last season and Brentford away the season before (or maybe it was last season...), I can't remember too many shoeings like we got tonight apart from those. Sheffield Utd away this season, maybe (I didn't see it)?

They stopped us playing by being organised and relentless tonight, and, as they knew, we don't really like defending. Must sting a bit for them, bless!

Wigan away this season. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »
Our team is fuckin bonkers. Terrible performance for 70% of the game but by Christ what a come-back! I’m out of breath!

Online berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »
Kodjia is a real disappointment. I don't know if his injury has caused this or he just doesn't card and wants out.
Maybe both.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2019, 10:27:46 PM »

Wigan away this season. 

I didn't see that either, but I'll take your word for it. The point is, they fucking steamrollered us. And then we gave them a bit back. It feels good.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:12 PM »
I'm not 100% their first was wholly over the line either and when I get to see it again I will take note of the referee's position to see if he was guessing.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:08 PM »
Kodjia is a real disappointment. I don't know if his injury has caused this or he just doesn't card and wants out.
Maybe both.

Kodja can fuck off - don't give a shit. Seenenough like him over the years.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2019, 10:34:19 PM »
Hutton never stopped despite some poor defending real effort all match.
Acknowledgement to Whelan came on moved the ball cajoled and got things going
So please for Green .
And Mings can put past behind him as was very decent depsite 3 goal conceded.
Felt was more the middle area of pitch and wide forward who didn't help the situation for some of their goals and chances.

Jedinak and Hourihane were pretty dam awful and weak.
Wasn't very impressive- Jedi wasn't up to speed and Hourihane lacks any drive or responsibility.
Kodjia another who looks laboured these days.

Was brilliant the way battle back for the draw and Abraham and McGinn are the main two solid performers every match.

Before the comeback well as most said who saw , listened or went very dire and lack of any real quality.

Their second goal was an offence and yet again the ref in championship has been sub standard.

Another reason be happy to get out of this league

Was breath taking and happy for Smith took something and I only just realised it was only a point though my feelings are jubilant and more like 3points.

Offline Risso

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
I'm not 100% their first was wholly over the line either and when I get to see it again I will take note of the referee's position to see if he was guessing.

It was a good 6 inches over.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal