collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread  (Read 30913 times)

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
Confidence matters so much. We were short of it and Sheffield United weren't.
Maybe this last few minutes may be a turning point.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2019, 10:07:18 PM »
Whelan proved me wrong today.

Well he was a fuck load better than the utterly terrible Jedinak.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 10:07:30 PM »
Whelan proved me wrong today.

Over 30 minutes. I'm not sure he would over 90. But whatever, he was great tonight.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »
1 stonewall pen, didn’t think the other one was though.

Either way that’s an amazing comeback. We just need to try and build on it now and take the positives because there’s plenty if we want to see them after an awful first 70 mins. Feels like a win.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:27 PM »
Whilst we've got crap like Hutton and Taylor in the side, we will always struggle to keep clean sheets.  I don't think the keeper did a lot wrong tonight to be fair.  Mings was excellent and could be great next to Chester.  The centre of our midfield is awful and we need to be patient whilst Smith gets it sorted in the summer.  We were truly terrible up until Mings scored.  After that, despite Hourihane still managing to be a hologram, Taylor being useless etc, we found something.   Use it like a win but sadly, when we have to keep picking the same old shit, we are a lottery.  Magic comeback, loved it.  But we should not have been in that position in the first place.  The referee was crap. 

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2019, 10:11:19 PM »
I'm not one to hyperbolise, but Glenn Whelan has been the most important Villa player of the last 20 years. He fucked us for a decade with that Stoke equaliser; he missed the penalty Vs Preston; he saved us tonight, leading to our promotion this season, and our glorious Premier League winning season next year.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2019, 10:11:26 PM »
When are they going to use the fucking technology? Their second would've been over ruled and a definite penalty with the shirt pull on Mings!!

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »
Talk about an emotional roller coaster...

We were garbage until we scored except for Elphick and Mings who both continue to impress. Whelan did well when he came on. He looked like he cared and was trying to motivate his team mates. The ref had a shocker (it seems like we are saying that every game lately).

I would still like to know what has happened to the style of play from the purple patch just after Dean arrived, right now we we look more Bruce than Smith.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2019, 10:13:01 PM »
Have we got a link to Deano's post match interview? I missed it as my old man phoned me for my post match views.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »
As I said earlier, Sheff Utd are nothing special. Confidence helps and hopefully we can build on this. The less said about the first 80 odd minutes the best.
Actually I thought they were pretty good, apart from their goalie.  Knocked it about nicely, incisive.  Difficult to judge properly when they're playing against utter shite for 80 minutes.

I can't think of too many better performances by an opposition team since we've been down here. Until the 82nd minute, obviously.

Agree with Hilts. We were utter shite thus making it easy for them. A half decent side would have buried us today.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2019, 10:14:04 PM »
VAR please

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »
As I said earlier, Sheff Utd are nothing special. Confidence helps and hopefully we can build on this. The less said about the first 80 odd minutes the best.
Actually I thought they were pretty good, apart from their goalie.  Knocked it about nicely, incisive.  Difficult to judge properly when they're playing against utter shite for 80 minutes.

I can't think of too many better performances by an opposition team since we've been down here. Until the 82nd minute, obviously.

Agree with Hilts. We were utter shite thus making it easy for them. A half decent side would have buried us today.

They did bury us! They should've cremated us though.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2019, 10:16:39 PM »
Taylor and Hutton were poor, barely stopped a cross. Tommy and Mings were good, which is a weird thing to say of a centre half pairing in a team that concedes 3.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »

They did bury us! They should've cremated us though.

After the first 15 minutes I was expecting a cricket score. They're tidy and hard working but I expect to play them again in the play-offs.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
Six derbies in the next six games. 'The Dean Smith derby' against Brentford and then Albion, Stoke, Derby, Small Heath and Martin O'Neill's Forest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal