collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876111 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4515 on: January 16, 2022, 09:19:42 PM »
One of them players you only appreciate when he’s not there

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4516 on: January 16, 2022, 09:23:13 PM »
Mings is fantastic so anyone suggesting otherwise is just looking for faults
No cause for anything to be critical yesterday for the goals.
Previous maybe yes Lukaku goal at home on boxing day perhaps and even some could argue the McTominay header but yesterday he wasn't at fault at anytime

Too many rave on about Konsa who at times has alot of antics and always up for sniping and having a bit whereas Mings is someone who basically calms situations down

Shame people choose not to see that he's the best central defender at the club. Our captain and a very thoughtful and articulate as well as principled and varied person off it.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4517 on: January 16, 2022, 09:28:24 PM »
Footy mate, you need to read your first sentence  and realise that what you are saying  is exactly what you have done on the Morgan Sanson thread.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4518 on: January 16, 2022, 10:09:33 PM »
DS point taken in response and respect how that's seen by you.
For me on that my points are clear and I didn't go looking I was merely pointing out from observations of Cash and Mings talking to him about his positioning,  his giving away of free kick and possession as well as tracking back.
I not really sure why people fail to see those things but that's there perogative. Or at least theres an interpretation of those errors that are being spoken of in a way that suggest to me that its not being discussed in any critical manner including a very clear kicking of a water bottle
Anyway new years wishes to you and all the best for 2022 villa and your own good self.
Thanks I just see it differently but can see how it can be seen by some as similar to Mings criticism
How relevant and necessary is always the debate when it comes to critical view of our own players
Up the Villa

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4519 on: January 16, 2022, 10:15:27 PM »
No problem Footy, It's your opinion and that may not find agreement with a lot of people on here but it is respected as your right to hold that opinion.

A very happy and healthy new year to you too.  Stay safe. 

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4520 on: January 22, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »
What a guy!
"I am really excited, I love being a part of this club, love being captain, love everything this club stands for both on and off the pitch. I think we have made some brilliant signings, a fantastic squad. The club is going in the right direciton, we have stability, owners that want to take the club to the next level and players that want to push each other. It is a pleasure to be a part of."

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4521 on: January 22, 2022, 04:11:12 PM »
What a guy!
"I am really excited, I love being a part of this club, love being captain, love everything this club stands for both on and off the pitch. I think we have made some brilliant signings, a fantastic squad. The club is going in the right direciton, we have stability, owners that want to take the club to the next level and players that want to push each other. It is a pleasure to be a part of."

I hope our transfer targets read that.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4522 on: January 22, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »
Sounds like he is asking for a new contract too!!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4523 on: January 22, 2022, 05:20:40 PM »
An awesome performance from Captain Mings today. He really led the players well especially in the 2nd half when it was needed. Keep this kind of performance up and he should be knocking on the door of his country's captaincy soon, never mind being Villa's captain. A great goal line clearance ensured we came away with all 3 points rather than just one. Keep up the good work big man!

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4524 on: January 22, 2022, 07:29:26 PM »
Didn't do much wrong I thought, obviously he will make mistakes like any other player, hopefully he's learnt from them

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4525 on: January 22, 2022, 07:39:43 PM »
Didn't do much wrong I thought, obviously he will make mistakes like any other player, hopefully he's learnt from them

He seemed to attack a lot of headers he was never going to win.  But even that might’ve been a conscious decision to use hammer v hammer.

I think he’s a legend and, as others have said, seems to get judged by a different set of rules.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4526 on: January 22, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

He seemed to attack a lot of headers he was never going to win.  But even that might’ve been a conscious decision to use hammer v hammer.

I think he’s a legend and, as others have said, seems to get judged by a different set of rules.

Yep, me too, I think he’s brilliant and crucial to the team.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #4527 on: January 22, 2022, 11:48:45 PM »
Outstanding captain’s performance today.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4528 on: January 23, 2022, 03:32:50 AM »
I still think the responsibility lies heavy on him, and the fact that as a defender all mistakes can lead to disaster where forwards can make a dozen mistakes but score once and all is forgiven.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4529 on: January 23, 2022, 08:02:47 AM »
I still think the responsibility lies heavy on him, and the fact that as a defender all mistakes can lead to disaster where forwards can make a dozen mistakes but score once and all is forgiven.

The difference though is Konsa doesn't make those mistakes.

I don't think anyones questioning Mings' heart but occasionally his brain disconnects, like the moment in the first half where Everton played a ball over the top which he could've dealt with easily, he then ambled towards it giving Calvert-Lewin the chance to start closing him down, and although he still had plenty of time he misplaced the pass to Emi straight out for a corner.

Yes, all players make mistakes but that was just crap.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal