collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875747 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Tyrone Mings (confirmed as awesome)
« Reply #1200 on: June 08, 2019, 10:20:45 PM »
Only on H&V could you find stories of grooms shagging bridesmaids in a thread about Tyrone Mings! 😂

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1201 on: June 09, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
A bit of speculation this morning about Spurs looking at Ake in a £40m deal (it's only in The Sun, admittedly). That wouldn't be good news for us, as Bournemouth wouldn't need our money as much, and they'd also be a centre-half down.  Hopefully it's nothing more than paper gossip - but the sooner we get Mings to sign on the dotted line, the happier I'll be...

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1202 on: June 09, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
Sorry to be late on topic but I was being ironic about Northfield/Rednal pubs.  Wasn't Jack's on field attacker a Rednal publican? Apologies if I am being a geriatric again.

Get Tyrone signed.  On the Nederlands game evidence he will be in the England squad within a year.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1203 on: June 09, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
If she wanted value for money how about selly oak. Used to love the Dog and Partridge...Now that was a pub.

Not been the same since the Gun Barrels was demolished. Although to be fair I haven't been in since 1986. When I was 16, and it was round the corner from school. Always got served so long as we took our blazers and ties off. Back room full of "youths" all in identical black trousers and blue open neck shirts with a big pile of Adidas bags by the door !!

The Gun Barrels was the pub my dad would take me to for Sunday lunch when he came up to visit me occasionally at Birmingham University.  The Brook and the OVT were the big student drinking places in Selly Oak back then.

Ahhh, the OVT, scene of one of my favourite wedding reception rumbles. Mother of the groom punched the DJ. Top night.
That made me chuckle - I think I can probably trump that ..... went to a wedding in Chelmsley Wood and the Groom was caught shagging one of the bridesmaids in one of the bedrooms in the hotel where the reception was being held - classy  eh?
One up a ship alert.
A mate of mine banged the Bride on her wedding day.

Offline mike

« Reply #1204 on: June 09, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
Where was the Hare and Hounds?
 Didn't there used to be one in Kings Heath?
I knew it as "The Hairy Mound"
Yes, Kings Heath high street.  Better known as a music venue these days.  That was where we used to drink at lunchtime in the sixth form.

What year was that? I fondly remember a couple of lunchtime pints at the Hare and Hounds.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1205 on: June 09, 2019, 09:39:40 AM »
Struggling to think of a decent boozer in Rednal - The Chalet used to be half decent I suppose
I have lived in Rubery, Bournville and Weoley Castle
Can't think of decent watering holes back then other than The Black Horse and The Stone
Used to drink in the King George V
Having left Brum 23 years ago I bet they are all demolished or turned into Chinese/Indian restaurants

Hare and Hounds used to be ok back in the day but as a place to meet mates mid week rather than a night out but haven’t been there in years. Black Horse is a Wetherspoons, The George was a Chinese but about to become a KFC apparently. Can’t think of a decent pub left in the whole area.

It’s on Lickey Road by the amusements, opposite the old tram stop.

Offline mike

« Reply #1206 on: June 09, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
Struggling to think of a decent boozer in Rednal - The Chalet used to be half decent I suppose
I have lived in Rubery, Bournville and Weoley Castle
Can't think of decent watering holes back then other than The Black Horse and The Stone
Used to drink in the King George V
Having left Brum 23 years ago I bet they are all demolished or turned into Chinese/Indian restaurants

Hare and Hounds used to be ok back in the day but as a place to meet mates mid week rather than a night out but haven’t been there in years. Black Horse is a Wetherspoons, The George was a Chinese but about to become a KFC apparently. Can’t think of a decent pub left in the whole area.

It’s on Lickey Road by the amusements, opposite the old tram stop.

I worked there many years ago. The one in Kings Heath is where I had my lunchtime drinks in the sixth form.

Considering everyone in South Birmingham is supposedly a nose, there seem to a few of us who know the area quite well.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1207 on: June 09, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
Yes, Kings Heath high street.  Better known as a music venue these days.  That was where we used to drink at lunchtime in the sixth form.

What year was that? I fondly remember a couple of lunchtime pints at the Hare and Hounds.
88-90

Offline mike

« Reply #1208 on: June 09, 2019, 12:23:24 PM »

88-90

Ah, you went up to the sixth form the year I left.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1209 on: June 09, 2019, 02:16:16 PM »
Let's get back on track. Hopefully Mings is a Villa player by this time next week?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1210 on: June 09, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »
If she wanted value for money how about selly oak. Used to love the Dog and Partridge...Now that was a pub.

Not been the same since the Gun Barrels was demolished. Although to be fair I haven't been in since 1986. When I was 16, and it was round the corner from school. Always got served so long as we took our blazers and ties off. Back room full of "youths" all in identical black trousers and blue open neck shirts with a big pile of Adidas bags by the door !!

The Gun Barrels was the pub my dad would take me to for Sunday lunch when he came up to visit me occasionally at Birmingham University.  The Brook and the OVT were the big student drinking places in Selly Oak back then.

Ahhh, the OVT, scene of one of my favourite wedding reception rumbles. Mother of the groom punched the DJ. Top night.
That made me chuckle - I think I can probably trump that ..... went to a wedding in Chelmsley Wood and the Groom was caught shagging one of the bridesmaids in one of the bedrooms in the hotel where the reception was being held - classy  eh?

It wasn't Lee Hendrie, was it?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1211 on: June 09, 2019, 11:26:27 PM »
He has tweeted someone back about re-watching the final tonight that he wasn't following on twitter, so is clearly watching the villa feed on there. He will sign I am sure. Has a good season and Stones can do one too, Mings is a much better player.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1212 on: June 10, 2019, 02:37:23 PM »
Any developments out there?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1213 on: June 10, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »
Just looked out of the window and yes it's raining.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1214 on: June 10, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »
Just looked out of the window and yes it's raining.

not here !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal