collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876006 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Tyrone Mings (confirmed as awesome)
« Reply #1065 on: May 29, 2019, 12:07:19 PM »
I'd imagine Mings will turn around to Bournemouth and tell them that despite Villa having an agreement to meet any offer, he only wants to join us. Pretty pointless any other club putting in an offer if he doesn't want to talk to them. If that is the case, he could end up saving us a lot of money. Obviously, Bournemouth could play hardball and say he's not for sale but I can only see him in a Villa shirt next season.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1066 on: May 29, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »
If Mings isn't offered a guaranteed place in the B'mouth defence then why would he stay? I'd imagine Howe will chat to him and I guess the outcome of that conversation will determine whether he comes or not.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #1067 on: May 29, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
If Mings isn't offered a guaranteed place in the B'mouth defence then why would he stay? I'd imagine Howe will chat to him and I guess the outcome of that conversation will determine whether he comes or not.

Even if he is offered a guaranteed place - Bournemouth or Aston Villa - there is no thinking to do - 42000 or 12000 watching every week - he is already a hero at VP so the choice has been made. (And no way can Bournemouth offer a better financial package) It has to be us !

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1068 on: May 29, 2019, 12:20:58 PM »
Superb

https://twitter.com/boudie83/status/1133390699582369796?s=12
haha...however not sure he should be driving his RR wearing sliders.
I think the round, drivey, thingy is on the other side 😉

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1069 on: May 29, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
Mings is the main reason we got promoted.

His tackle that resulted in his injury in the playoff final was worthy of McGrath. The fact that it led to the goal was no fault of his.
Well without being too critical it was partly his fault. When he started rolling on the ground it distracted other Villa players who were half expecting the Ref to stop play. If he had sat up like he did moments later  it would not have been a distraction. But agree it was a great tackle.

I could understand that argument if all our players stopped playing waiting for the whistle but I didn't see that. What we did have was a Mings sized hole in the centre where two Derby players where being marked by one Villa player.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1070 on: May 29, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »

His tackle that resulted in his injury in the playoff final was worthy of McGrath. The fact that it led to the goal was no fault of his.
Well without being too critical it was partly his fault. When he started rolling on the ground it distracted other Villa players who were half expecting the Ref to stop play. If he had sat up like he did moments later  it would not have been a distraction. But agree it was a great tackle.

Have you ever had acute cramp?  It feels like someone has shot you.  I have no issue with him rolling around in those circumstances - it's about all you are capable of until the muscles relax.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1071 on: May 29, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »

Have you ever had acute cramp?  It feels like someone has shot you.  I have no issue with him rolling around in those circumstances - it's about all you are capable of until the muscles relax.
Yeah, a player like Mings doesn't go down and stay down lightly. No complaints for the big man from me.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1072 on: May 29, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »
All respect to Bournemouth, they've played some fantastic football and have a brilliant manager who lives their club but take away the TV money and there is nothing there, the ground could fit in the Holte End. It's not surprising that a player who's had bad times injury wise who now get's to play in front of 40,000 in a famous, traditional ground enjoyed himself.

I wouldn't be getting motivated to return to 10,000 fans in a baked bean tin. They're a flash in the pan and once they sink it will be back to historically where they belong, the 3rd division, it happens time and time again.
"All respect to Bournemouth".......follow by "i wouldn't be getting motivated to return to 10,000 fans in a baked bean tin. Back where they belong in the 3rd tier" lol. What are you like when your not giving clubs "all respect"? Made me chuckle that did.

Read my opinion on the Small Heath thread ;).

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
« Reply #1073 on: May 29, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »

I do, all too often. In fact my Hamstring went into cramp during the night. It's like the muscle is locked and I can't move. So for it to happen to a footballer in such circumstances, I'm not surprised he had to be substituted.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #1074 on: May 29, 2019, 03:36:51 PM »
Mings is getting a load of stick from Bournemouth fans for turning up back there in his full Villa kit, 'disrespectful' and that kind of thing, a few calling for him to be shipped out because he's not good enough.
Maybe there's a better chance of him coming now, a shrewd move from the big man.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1075 on: May 29, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »
A sports twitter feed suggesting a 25m fee agreed.
I’d be very surprised if we value him at that much

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1076 on: May 29, 2019, 04:33:05 PM »
Me too

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1077 on: May 29, 2019, 04:34:11 PM »
A sports twitter feed suggesting a 25m fee agreed.
I’d be very surprised if we value him at that much

Highly doubt we'd pay that. Could be wrong. I love Mings but even in the current market, surely 15m max would get him?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1078 on: May 29, 2019, 04:42:43 PM »
Mings is getting a load of stick from Bournemouth fans for turning up back there in his full Villa kit, 'disrespectful' and that kind of thing, a few calling for him to be shipped out because he's not good enough.
Maybe there's a better chance of him coming now, a shrewd move from the big man.

Well Bournemouth thought he wasn't good enough and shipped him out to us and that's why he's in the kit. Perhaps they think they made a mistake.Anyway in the words of so many good men.. Fuck em.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
« Reply #1079 on: May 29, 2019, 04:53:20 PM »
Superb

https://twitter.com/boudie83/status/1133390699582369796?s=12
haha...however not sure he should be driving his RR wearing sliders.
I think the round, drivey, thingy is on the other side 😉

What he lacks in diplomacy he makes up for in ability.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal