collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876089 times)

Offline footyskillz

Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Can't agree Skillz, Mings straight back in for me!!

Fair enough Duncan however who comes out and I think it's not a straight forward decision.
I also feel I am accurate to say his last 2 matches haven't been as good as his previous . It's hard to keep consistent and maybe he needs a slight rest with all the football.
He wouldn't be so missed against Bolton

Though be brings a heck of a lot and not just balance to the centre defence I think it's something to note the squad all round is showing capabilities
I mean I would be ok with Abraham being benched for Davis too. Lansbury to have a run out .
If ever a time to give break it's against Bolton's beleaguers .
And this match can reward the Jedinak and Tuanzebe

Though if Smith wants to pick his best players then he takes Mings .
Why upset other players and  why change a winning side when another match comes up Monday ?
It actually teaches Mings and squad something too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2019, 11:51:25 AM »
I've always liked Jedi and I think people underestimate how important he was for us in his first couple of seasons. 

He certainly deserves credit for how he's played in the last two games and in particular getting up to speed so quickly when he hasn't had a kick for months.  But Mings is on a different level and has mostly been fantastic for us.  He's had his rest and straight back in for me too.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #737 on: April 17, 2019, 12:02:00 PM »
I've always liked Jedi and I think people underestimate how important he was for us in his first couple of seasons. 

He certainly deserves credit for how he's played in the last two games and in particular getting up to speed so quickly when he hasn't had a kick for months.  But Mings is on a different level and has mostly been fantastic for us.  He's had his rest and straight back in for me too.

Me too.  As we have seen in the past, Jedinak can be a decent enough stop gap option at CB, but is prone to having the odd nightmare here and there.  Mings has to go straight back in.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #738 on: April 17, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »
Can't agree Skillz, Mings straight back in for me!!

Fair enough Duncan however who comes out and I think it's not a straight forward decision.
I also feel I am accurate to say his last 2 matches haven't been as good as his previous . It's hard to keep consistent and maybe he needs a slight rest with all the football.
He wouldn't be so missed against Bolton

Though be brings a heck of a lot and not just balance to the centre defence I think it's something to note the squad all round is showing capabilities
I mean I would be ok with Abraham being benched for Davis too. Lansbury to have a run out .
If ever a time to give break it's against Bolton's beleaguers .
And this match can reward the Jedinak and Tuanzebe

Though if Smith wants to pick his best players then he takes Mings .
Why upset other players and  why change a winning side when another match comes up Monday ?
It actually teaches Mings and squad something too.

Of course it's straightforward, don't be ridiculous.

Our bets Centre Back is fit and able to play, you don't play a midfielder there in his place to teach him something. Unless you're Steve Bruce.

Offline kieron

« Reply #739 on: April 17, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
For anyone to suggest that Tyrone shouldn't be going straight back in against Bolton needs to give their head a bloody good, hard, vigorous wobble.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2019, 06:22:31 PM »
It'll be good to see Tyrone and Axel as the centre back pairing for this game. Hause should be ready after Millwall...

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
Mings has to come straight back for this, a no brainier for me.

Looking forward to seeing him and The Axe at the back.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:02 PM »
Mings starts clearly.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »
Square pegs, square holes.  Why take risks?  Jedinak was great in his last two games but is a central midfielder when Mings is a central, left sided defender. No debate required really, which is a shame as this is a forum for exactly that!

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
Well there is debate as there is a consideration like when Mcginn didn't get back in midfield v blues after suspension as villa won 4-0 against lampards derby county without him.
Though I get why many wouldn't even consider having Mings out- it's an actual possibility though the Ayes clearly have it.

Ayes for left footed  balance to central defence  and the beastiality of his defending as well as his raking passing and starting footballing attacks and looking reassured on ball

The noes chiefly because in  his last 2 starting appreance of matches Mingsy gave away two pens. Two goals scored and was sent off. His performance below par .
Also playing Bolton
Also others have played fine and there is a game Monday

It's clearly to bed now as no one is entertaining the notion .

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2019, 11:13:33 PM »
Well there is debate as there is a consideration like when Mcginn didn't get back in midfield v blues after suspension as villa won 4-0 against lampards derby county without him.
Though I get why many wouldn't even consider having Mings out- it's an actual possibility though the Ayes clearly have it.

Ayes for left footed  balance to central defence  and the beastiality of his defending as well as his raking passing and starting footballing attacks and looking reassured on ball

The noes chiefly because in  his last 2 starting appreance of matches Mingsy gave away two pens. Two goals scored and was sent off. His performance below par .
Also playing Bolton

Oh footy, please give it a rest. It's as if you've got some weird obsession with McGinn and Mings. Leave them be. Just enjoy the fact that we've got some good players. Smith will know what to do.

'beastiality of his defending'...you're killing me.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2019, 11:14:45 PM »
Mings and AT looked an unconvincing pair to me, but then AT has looked much more like himself from the second half of Rotherham onwards so his upturn in form will probably sort that.

Jedi strikes me as the last player on earth who would throw his toys about being dropped.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2019, 11:16:04 PM »
The consumate professional.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2019, 11:42:19 PM »

Also playing Bolton

Oh footy, please give it a rest. It's as if you've got some weird obsession with McGinn and Mings. Leave them be. Just enjoy the fact that we've got some good players. Smith will know what to do.

'beastiality of his defending'...you're killing me.

Yeah and I crucify you for such a comment on weird obsession. The fawning is from every one else. I swoon for them too but !
You know something :as a justice seeker actually there is a generally obsession with these two from many others watterling on about their undeniable talents yet you get on my comments not others (repeated ones) who petal romance the qualities we all know about these two!
Yeah Soo weird.

For Mings he's at  levels of what I call fish and chip defending that is he's not a simple  bread and butter defender he can chip the ball and he can batter an opponent

The Scott who likes booking yeah we get the point he runs around yet that doesn't get stepped on when he read for the 516th time he ran around (what about those cards yeah!) yeah it's like when I lay my fuchsias it gets weirdly unnoticed
And believe you flower lips my fuchsias are a blooming sight
I love the wonderful bombastic midfield dynamism of Mcginn . That prowess is a meat ball and shoulders above any other midfielder (one that I wholeheartedly agree on and even vegans would actually savor)  but am I not  allowed to bring up these points I make on both ? Because it's detrimental to the character and the lovely ideals others weirdly obsess over and not me !?

I know it's  easter time and all but this cover up of how players do no wrong is something that Pope Benedict XVI would nt even allow.
Yours obsessively in liking a balance + accurate view of players
Footy skillz
Up the villa.

I have no more comment untill JC is resurrection because clearly we can only say certain things without trying to be shamed.
Rest is on .

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2019, 11:52:35 PM »
Just what are you wittering on about?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal