collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876098 times)

Offline LowerNorthStand

Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2019, 12:10:25 AM »
Mings Mings Mings

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:12 AM »
He was immense today.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2019, 03:27:16 AM »
He was immense today.

This. Absolutely superb today. A giant.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2019, 06:20:15 AM »
This guy suits us perfectly. He's only been here a while aswell but you can see that he gets the club.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #604 on: March 11, 2019, 06:47:26 AM »
He's very good. His diving header to block a through ball at the end summed his commitment up.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #605 on: March 11, 2019, 08:08:26 AM »
He is absolutely immense. Gets in the way of everything and they can't get the ball of him when he has it either. Hope he stays with us for a very, very long time.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #606 on: March 11, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
We really need to sign him up in the summer make him our first signing.

Offline LowerNorthStand

« Reply #607 on: March 11, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
He's very good. His diving header to block a through ball at the end summed his commitment up.

Not seen a performance like that since Laursen. Mings seems a good fit for Villa.

House did very well too.

Quite a combo.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #608 on: March 11, 2019, 11:13:54 AM »
He genuinely seems to love it here.  No disrespect to Bournemouth or Ipswich at all, but I doubt's he's ever played in a game with an atmosphere like yesterday in his career before.  He's come in, and is now our main defender in a club getting 35,000 fans every week.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2019, 11:16:15 AM »
If we manage to get promoted I think there's a good chance he'll stay.  If not, I think there will be plenty of suitors in the PL who will fancy him.  We've done Bournemouth a massive favour putting him in the shop window for them.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2019, 11:50:18 AM »
If we manage to get promoted I think there's a good chance he'll stay.  If not, I think there will be plenty of suitors in the PL who will fancy him.  We've done Bournemouth a massive favour putting him in the shop window for them.

I'm not so sure. If we carry on playing as we are but either don't quite make the playoffs or we don't get through them I think plenty of players in the squad will think there's a very good chance we'll be promoted next year. Given how much Mings (and a few others) seem to enjoy playing for us I wouldn't be surprised if we keep most of them (Tammy is the really unlikely one) on the basis that we're aiming for the title next season, if the other offers aren't in the top half of the premier league they might decide that a season of winning games in a promotion push is better than a relegation battle.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2019, 03:11:42 PM »

I'm not so sure. If we carry on playing as we are but either don't quite make the playoffs or we don't get through them I think plenty of players in the squad will think there's a very good chance we'll be promoted next year. Given how much Mings (and a few others) seem to enjoy playing for us I wouldn't be surprised if we keep most of them (Tammy is the really unlikely one) on the basis that we're aiming for the title next season, if the other offers aren't in the top half of the premier league they might decide that a season of winning games in a promotion push is better than a relegation battle.
But even if he's prepared to stay do you think we'll be able to afford him Paul?  He looks like a £10m + player to me.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2019, 05:38:48 PM »

But even if he's prepared to stay do you think we'll be able to afford him Paul?  He looks like a £10m + player to me.

No idea on that front.

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #613 on: March 11, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
What a rock, he is way to good for the championship, can't imagine we can keep hold of him in the summer.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #614 on: March 11, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »
He genuinely seems to love it here.  No disrespect to Bournemouth or Ipswich at all, but I doubt's he's ever played in a game with an atmosphere like yesterday in his career before.  He's come in, and is now our main defender in a club getting 35,000 fans every week.

Yes, Bournemouth capacity is under 11,000. VP is nearly 4 times the capacity. Crazy that Bournemouth are ahead of us....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal