collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876015 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
He should be banned for an accident?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2019, 05:26:25 PM »
We have a referee on here don't we?

Be interesting to hear what they think.

Looking at the laws, I don't think it meets Violent Conduct as it's the aftermath of an attempt to win the ball (actually it's a foul on Mings), where Violent Conduct must be an incident off the ball. I don't see how you can separate out the fact Oliveria falls and knocks Mings' standing left leg from the original attempt for the ball.

It doesn't meet any of the criteria for Serious Foul Play.

What would he be charged with?

It seems to me much is being made by the Twitterati over a split second incident slowed to several second gif's. He hope and plants his foot as he naturally tries to maintain balance, head lowering as it does when you fall to act as a counterweight.

He says it was accidental, it's very unfortunate that there's been a nasty injury. Nothing ultimately serious beyond a few stitches though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:30:05 PM by Ads »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2019, 05:34:25 PM »
No difference to Lukaku catching koscielny the other day. Just an accident.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »

We don't know if it was an accident. Even if it was, personally I don't think a ban would be unfair as it ended up being extremely dangerous, and will most likely cause Oliveira to miss several games.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »

We don't know if it was an accident. Even if it was, personally I don't think a ban would be unfair as it ended up being extremely dangerous, and will most likely cause Oliveira to miss several games.

So despite all evidence showing it was an accident, we’ll ignore that because Oliveira got some cuts on his face. Jesus wept mate, get a grip.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »

That statement is illogical. You can’t say it’s fair to ban people for accidentally injuring someone. It’s very unfortunate and that’s the end of it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2019, 05:42:18 PM »
If it was deliberate I hope he gets a lengthy ban, but to say a ban wouldn't be unfair even if it was a complete accident seems a tad bizarre. Does every player that injures another player, even in fair challenges, get a ban as well?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
Has Oliveira suggested it was deliberate? Or the Reading manager?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
Has Oliveira suggested it was deliberate? Or the Reading manager?

Not at all. Watch the video below in full speed. Watch the Reading players. Nobody appeals. Keep an eye on Mings once he sees the extent of the injury. He doesn’t exactly look happy. This was an accident.

https://twitter.com/skyfootball/status/1092090638558998529?s=12

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »

If we don't know it was an accident, we don't know that it was deliberate either. You can't ban someone unless you're sure. As for being dangerous, if your foot moves out of its natural direction then fair enough, I'd agree. If your foot is just going where gravity and momentum takes it, that's not an indication of reckless play.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »
Sounds like he played well yesterday. But he should get a ban for that, no justice for Oliveira if not.

Justice for Oliviera, fucks sake, standards severely dropping.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
Twitter is somewhere between a ten game ban and a public execution for Tyrone at the moment.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2019, 06:12:01 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen a player tread on another player's head before, even accidentally, and yet we've got a player who's done it twice.  If it was one of our players who had come off the pitch looking like he'd been run over by a lawnmower, we'd all be mightily pissed off.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2019, 06:12:24 PM »

So despite all evidence showing it was an accident, we’ll ignore that because Oliveira got some cuts on his face. Jesus wept mate, get a grip.

'all evidence' it's literally a case of watching the same replay, either normal speed or slowed down. In slow mo it's looks worse for Mings. If Grealish comes back Friday and a Sheffield Utd defender does that to him, I think the reaction will be very different afterwards.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2019, 06:12:33 PM »
I’ve only seen the slow motion video, it’s very difficult to tell from that.
My guess would be accidental.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal