collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886440 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5775 on: November 13, 2022, 06:48:11 PM »
wow dusty this evening

Offline N'ZMAV

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5777 on: November 13, 2022, 07:04:40 PM »
He really is a fantastic human being and a credit to our club.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #5778 on: November 13, 2022, 07:07:44 PM »
Gave me the heebie jeebies once or twice first half but his second half performance more than made up for it. Keep it going Big T.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #5780 on: November 13, 2022, 08:19:29 PM »
Saw this on Twitter before reading about it here. Such a lovely thing to do.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5781 on: November 13, 2022, 08:21:37 PM »
He was dreadful for the first half an hour but magnificent by the end. The challenge for Emery is to Mings him to play consistently well.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5782 on: November 13, 2022, 08:26:58 PM »
He was dreadful for the first half an hour but magnificent by the end. The challenge for Emery is to Mings him to play consistently well.

Mings is very vulnerable against a high press from the opposition. The chronic weakness on his right side again exposed for that yellow card today. If we want to be able to play out from the back against most teams (Van Der Been/Ronaldo aside), I think ultimately Mings is disposable.

Fair play to him for his second half performance today.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5784 on: November 14, 2022, 11:18:38 AM »
I know it's been said many times, but Tyrone gets a lot more than his fair share of criticism.

I can't claim to know too much about players that don't play for us, but my understanding is that Lewis Dunk and the little angry fella that Man United play at centre back are two of the more highly regarded CBs in the league - Dunk tipped for the England squad by many. Our last four (maybe five) league goals have all come as a direct result of mistakes by these two centre backs. If Tyrone would have made any of these errors, I can't help but feel like it would have drawn a lot more criticism than either of these two seem to have faced.

Tyrone has been very good this season. I love having him at our club, and I hope he continues to improve under Emery - he strikes me as the type of person that will respond well to some proper coaching.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5785 on: November 14, 2022, 11:20:39 AM »
Dunk gives us a goal a game pretty much. He's like Steve Sims without the tache.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #5786 on: November 14, 2022, 11:40:19 AM »
Mings is a good centre half - world class no, but definitely top half PL material. But more than that he is a leader, never hides and seems like a good guy too. I think a big part of Gerrard's downfall was publically dressing down Mings. He is clearly well respected and admired by the players and doing that to him didn't really help Slippy's reputation in the dressing room.

To add to this, Wolves have binned their dressing room leader and look what has happened to their defence since....

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5787 on: November 14, 2022, 11:44:02 AM »

To add to this, Wolves have binned their dressing room leader and look what has happened to their defence since....

Look what's happened to Everton's since they bought him!

Online simon ward 50

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #5789 on: November 14, 2022, 01:03:00 PM »
I know it's been said many times, but Tyrone gets a lot more than his fair share of criticism.

I can't claim to know too much about players that don't play for us, but my understanding is that Lewis Dunk and the little angry fella that Man United play at centre back are two of the more highly regarded CBs in the league - Dunk tipped for the England squad by many. Our last four (maybe five) league goals have all come as a direct result of mistakes by these two centre backs. If Tyrone would have made any of these errors, I can't help but feel like it would have drawn a lot more criticism than either of these two seem to have faced.

Tyrone has been very good this season. I love having him at our club, and I hope he continues to improve under Emery - he strikes me as the type of person that will respond well to some proper coaching.
[/quot
Exactly what I said about Dunk who  often goes to ground when tackling or trying to block in the penalty area.The MOTD pundits have forwarded the names of Gomez,Coady and Tarkowski together,Dier and Maguire,who have made big errors or had poor games in recent weeks.Mings doesn't seem to get any praise for his organisational skills,positioning,aerial prowess and pace but any mislaid,skewed clearance or pass ,in comes the criticism.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal