collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 886344 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5370 on: August 15, 2022, 04:46:03 PM »
My point is that can he not be just an old arsehole rather than  a "Tory so must have a racist agenda" it seems everything has to be politicisised.

I would imagine he is more bitter about the young men playing today, especially the money they command, than actual race or anything else.

Maybe also he thinks they are all a bit too sensitive nowadays and not real men (thugs) like in his day - this is an age thing as i feel the same about music, tv etc (as i am an old git now  :()

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #5371 on: August 15, 2022, 04:51:34 PM »
My point is that can he not be just an old arsehole rather than  a "Tory so must have a racist agenda" it seems everything has to be politicisised.

I would imagine he is more bitter about the young men playing today, especially the money they command, than actual race or anything else.

Maybe also he thinks they are all a bit too sensitive nowadays and not real men (thugs) like in his day - this is an age thing as i feel the same about music, tv etc (as i am an old git now  :()

It was the comment he made about not learning anything football related from him that annoys me .  Maybe he would learn

about what it is like to play in todays environment where you are constantly televised and under scrutiny from the mass of

social media.  He was so dismissive ,  but show us your trophies again Greame

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5372 on: August 15, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »

I get what your saying - but its the know your place sentiment that makes it so unpleasent, whatever it was motivated by it was from somewhere within him that is unsavoury. 

Tyrone has achieved more than 99.99% of people who play football, no he may not have 3 European Cups but he has plenty of achievements, but souness is pocketing money for that article, which at best was playing to the gallery

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #5373 on: August 15, 2022, 06:26:19 PM »
When I originally mentioned Souness was a Tory it was more to do with a lack of empathy for the way the government of the time deliberately ran down the place he was playing and living near rather than to suggest his arguments about Tyrone had racist connotations. That only occurred to me later.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #5374 on: August 15, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »
Sourness has just called Tyrone out over the radio to call up. According to Jim White "it's in Tyrones best interests to do it over the phone". Yes Jim, I'm sure he'd shit himself

Why?  Will White go round to Tyrones house and rearrange his cushions if he doesn't?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5375 on: August 15, 2022, 06:57:13 PM »
Souness and Jim White on the same programme?  Sounds a right barrel of laughs.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #5376 on: August 15, 2022, 07:01:28 PM »
Sourness has called the police after seeing a woman eat a Yorkie.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #5377 on: August 15, 2022, 07:36:01 PM »

Thank you for this. Plus one from me.

Anyway, Souness has long been a dry, abrasive, cantankerous type. I loved his comment about the grass being too long when we stuffed Liverpool.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5378 on: August 15, 2022, 09:02:51 PM »
Getting offended because a Black player has the temerity to speak out about things that affect Black people suggests at least a casual acquaintance with racism. Storing up that prejudice for two years and using it as a stick to beat someone with is very sinister.

Conclusion: Souness isn't just an arsehole, he's a racist arsehole.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5379 on: August 15, 2022, 09:10:22 PM »
Getting offended because a Black player has the temerity to speak out about things that affect Black people suggests at least a casual acquaintance with racism. Storing up that prejudice for two years and using it as a stick to beat someone with is very sinister.

Conclusion: Souness isn't just an arsehole, he's a racist arsehole.

I agree with cd.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5380 on: August 15, 2022, 09:12:53 PM »
I dont know, seems more cynically timed for his appearance on white van radio, for some shock jocking in-between telling us where the trade go (Selco, obvs). Stunt. With a capital c.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #5381 on: August 15, 2022, 09:53:24 PM »
Hated Souness ever since he got  Steve McMahon,my favourite player at the time, sent off at Anfield.

Little did I know McMahon would be playing for them so soon after. Felt betrayed, but I'll always have that tackle on Kevin Broadhurst to look back on

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #5382 on: August 15, 2022, 09:55:44 PM »
Sourness is yesterday man like Niel Warnock both think themselves funny because they are old school, can't stand either of them, have no love for Albion but remember that Sheffield Utd game, which talksport never mention

Offline Diablo

« Reply #5383 on: August 16, 2022, 12:03:39 AM »
In further Souness "making friends and influencing people" news:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/15/graeme-souness-criticised-mans-game-premier-league-chelsea-tottenham

He's had an action packed week hasn't he? Souness is now advising Man Yoo to go buy our new captain SJM. Does this mean? A) He has reconsidered his view on Tyrone and he's now actively trying to get him reinstated? B) He's a rent a gob, s**t talking, talking head https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-manchester-united-24763923

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5384 on: August 16, 2022, 12:49:57 AM »

It was the comment he made about not learning anything football related from him that annoys me .  Maybe he would learn

about what it is like to play in todays environment where you are constantly televised and under scrutiny from the mass of

social media.  He was so dismissive ,  but show us your trophies again Greame

If Souness was made of chocolate he would eat himself...not sure how he survived the cull along with Matt Le Tissier, Nicholas and those. Roy Keane and himself seem to be a bit like our Ings/Watkins predicament. Keane is basically a younger version of Souness with maybe more humour, throwing out the same cliches as "character, show us your medals, senior pros in the changing room".

Players like Mings deserve respect. He isn't anywhere near the same level as Souness was but entitled to his opinion as much as that crank.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal