collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 891305 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2670 on: June 05, 2020, 10:50:33 AM »
I am completely behind the cause here, but I can't help wishing he hadn't exposed himselves to those sorts of crowds at this time.  Those gloves and mask are no real protection.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2671 on: June 05, 2020, 12:24:33 PM »
Jack Grealish take note.  This is how a football role model behaves.

He already has taken note, and Tweeted support for the cause.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2672 on: June 05, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »
Mings is showing his support and solidarity for the Black Lives Matter movement in attendance to a 4,000-strong gathering at Victoria Square in  city centre, was protesting against racial injustice .
Where the heck were the rest of the squad?
Mings is a class act

I think we would all like to see more than Mings at such a movement.
I would like to see Aston Villa squad taking a knee to show the support like Liverpool Chelsea and Leicester squads have. And show solidarity to the cause of black lives

Other clubs have released statements Now Mings who in my eyes has shown his leadership by taking a stand.
For me he's a great role model . And is captain all but in name.

Massively agree with you about Mings being a class act, footy.

Don't agree with the captaincy thing. Grealish any day of the week. But let's see how this season turns out. I think Mings would stay with us. Jack, probably not. Who knows.

I think we've got a close squad and I'm sure there is plenty of solidarity regarding the black lives matter cause. Do we have to take a knee to show that? I don't know. It is a powerful gesture though and one I fully support.

Cheers Footy.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2673 on: June 05, 2020, 01:23:55 PM »
Jack Grealish take note.  This is how a football role model behaves.

Maybe he has pledged his support in some way.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2674 on: June 05, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Mings is showing his support and solidarity for the Black Lives Matter movement in attendance to a 4,000-strong gathering at Victoria Square in  city centre, was protesting against racial injustice .
Where the heck were the rest of the squad?
Mings is a class act

I think we would all like to see more than Mings at such a movement.
I would like to see Aston Villa squad taking a knee to show the support like Liverpool Chelsea and Leicester squads have. And show solidarity to the cause of black lives

Other clubs have released statements Now Mings who in my eyes has shown his leadership by taking a stand.
For me he's a great role model . And is captain all but in name.

Massively agree with you about Mings being a class act, footy.

Don't agree with the captaincy thing. Grealish any day of the week. But let's see how this season turns out. I think Mings would stay with us. Jack, probably not. Who knows.

I think we've got a close squad and I'm sure there is plenty of solidarity regarding the black lives matter cause. Do we have to take a knee to show that? I don't know. It is a powerful gesture though and one I fully support.

Cheers Footy.

I can accept Grealish as Captain just think Mings more suited as a communicator.
And if he was captain he would have others there but I don't know just thinking on really.

Dean Smith was a captain all thought his career so will trust him on that one to keep Jack as Captain  . ok despite the whole Grealish covidiots behaviour we move on and get behind him and know he is generally well intentioned character, loves the club and has spoken of his regret.
As well this he is unbelievable at football.

Mings just suits a captains role but the main thing on the field at least very happy to have them in our team and off field they both have done many a supporting action for people so that's all can say on that really because we all make mistakes

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2675 on: June 05, 2020, 01:54:57 PM »
Mings is undoubtedly captain material and if you were making a decision now then of course he'd be perfect.

But Jack has also been a very good captain other than the lockdown brain fart an excellent role model over the last few years - look at the way he handled getting punched.

Stripping Jack of the captaincy would have been massively counter productive, particularly if we have any aspirations to keep hold of him.  So for me any talk of captaincy change should be put on hold whilst Jack is still at the club.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2676 on: June 05, 2020, 02:07:31 PM »
Mings is undoubtedly captain material and if you were making a decision now then of course he'd be perfect.

But Jack has also been a very good captain other than the lockdown brain fart an excellent role model over the last few years - look at the way he handled getting punched.

Stripping Jack of the captaincy would have been massively counter productive, particularly if we have any aspirations to keep hold of him.  So for me any talk of captaincy change should be put on hold whilst Jack is still at the club.

Undoubtedly the way Grealish conducted himself with that moron who attacked him was commendable. And whatsomore he was determined to win the match and score.
And similarly Mings for England was inspiring to all in dealing with the moronic behaviour directed towards him.

Sure quite understand to have Jack Grealish as Captain though it would have been in rights to have changed him if Club felt necessary and like to think he would have accepted but no more captaincy talk from me more than happy to have them both in the team !

Up the Villa!

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2677 on: June 05, 2020, 06:55:33 PM »
I'd rather he concentrated on football than moaning about restarting the season and pointless protests about what happened in another country that gave no relevance in this country.

Risking infection in a protest whilst minging on about risking it in the job he is paid handsomely is somewhat contradictory.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2678 on: June 05, 2020, 06:59:45 PM »
His comments on the restart are perfectly justified. As for what happened in the US having no relevance here, really? Fucking hell.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2679 on: June 05, 2020, 07:43:49 PM »
Risking infection in a protest whilst minging on about risking it in the job he is paid handsomely is somewhat contradictory.

Only if you equate playing a game of football with innocent people getting murdered by the police.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2680 on: June 05, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »
"pointless protests" fucking hell.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #2681 on: June 05, 2020, 08:01:42 PM »
I wrote to Tyrone after the way he conducted himself when playing for England - standing proud in the face of adversity - I was proud of him and let him know it
I was equally proud to receive a hand written note from him to me and junior, thanking us for supporting him . Top man in my books - as an aside, junior received a signed shirt and letter from Anthony Joshua, when Anthony heard he had been severely beaten by two blokes after a televised boxing bout - jnr was badly kicked in the head and had his one hand completely smashed whilst trying to protect his face - what did the police do? Told him to " fuck off back to Formby " He spent days in hospital having his hand " reconstructed"

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2682 on: June 05, 2020, 08:07:40 PM »

Only if you equate playing a game of football with innocent people getting murdered by the police.

False dichotomy.

The incident, which is reprehensible, happened in a different country. In that different country the actions were illegal and have resulted in a murder charge.

It is not clear that the appalling behaviour was racially motivated, or just plain appalling behaviour either way it is bad.

Didn't happen here and not indicative of Britain, British policing. To be honest not even indicative of US policing in general.

And yes, if you can not socially distance in a protest you shouldn't be whining about doing so at workm
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:10:11 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2683 on: June 05, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »

False dichotomy.

The incident, which is reprehensible, happened in a different country. In that different country the actions were illegal and have resulted in a murder charge.

It is not clear that the appalling behaviour was racially motivated, or just plain appalling behaviour either way it is bad.

Didn't happen here and not indicative of Britain, British policing. To be honest not even indicative of US policing in general.

Why is the protest pointless though?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2684 on: June 05, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
Probably because there is no racism or inequality over here...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal